Page 105 of 179 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2671
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hate Soule's Gambit but I love that small Snape speach
    Yeah, the whole run disappointed me, but it had little gems like that
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, the whole run disappointed me, but it had little gems like that
    And how Gambit kicked Fanto into portal, lol!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    And how Gambit kicked Fanto into portal, lol!
    Oh man, I forgot about that! That was almost cathartic haha of course, it still didn't top their fight in Civil War II

Also, another Romy page I love:

61059860_2367297870218218_5251064957574484413_n (1).jpg
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Happy 1 year anniversary to Rogue and Gambit!

Do you think their solo book wrapping up right after their first year of marriage was planned or just coincidence?
    Attachment 83629

Let's celebrate with images of them together!

Attachment 83630
    A year already? Damn, time just flies, it seems it was just the other day when those two got married.

Anyways, here's my favorite cover with them

Spectacular Member

That cover that Kelly says launched a thousand Romy ships. And that the cover with shock value given Rogue's powers. I'm surprised few post the Gambit #16 cover, but guess cuz they broke up in that issue.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

can some one answer something for me, I was taking a break from comics at the time...someone in another thread said that Romy wedding was a course correction from Kitty's wedding?

I did not get that feeling at all. and why would they do that? didn't Catwoman Batman happen at the same time? if anything, they would have course corrected and made kitty/colossus stick with the wedding..

anyway thats my question. Is there any evidence that Rogue/Gambit wasn't planned? I think the twist was planned.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    can some one answer something for me, I was taking a break from comics at the time...someone in another thread said that Romy wedding was a course correction from Kitty's wedding?

I did not get that feeling at all. and why would they do that? didn't Catwoman Batman happen at the same time? if anything, they would have course corrected and made kitty/colossus stick with the wedding..

anyway thats my question. Is there any evidence that Rogue/Gambit wasn't planned? I think the twist was planned.
    Hi four! So this did occur during roughly the same timeframe as the Bat/Cat wedding that didn't happen.

From all the interviews I have read, the original intent was for the Kitty/Colossus wedding to go through. But during the Marvel summit, Donny Cates suggested to do a twist/surprise and have it be Gambit/Rogue instead. To give a timeline, this hadn't been decided when the Rogue and Gambit miniseries launched in January, but was decided before the 5th issue came out in May (very obvious hints.)

As for why they decided to do it, I can't be 100% sure. Personally, I would say that I noticed very limited enthusiasm for the Kitty and Colossus wedding compared to Bat/Cat and some Kitty fans were/are outright opposed to the relationship. So not great press.

Meanwhile, the Rogue and Gambit miniseries was seeing success and acclaim and as a couple they are probably more recognizable and popular. Certainly on the forum here the reaction was largely positive. In the end, many fans were soured that Bat/Cat didn't go through with it and were really glad for the swap Marvel did which still gave them a wedding and many would argue a trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    A year already? Damn, time just flies, it seems it was just the other day when those two got married.

Anyways, here's my favorite cover with them
    Yep, I can't believe it's been a year either, and yeah, X-Men #24 is a great cover.

My favorite cover with them and one of my favorite images of the two together period is X-Treme X-Men #31. I think it perfectly captures the sense of fun and the friendship between the two that makes them such a great couple-

Loving all these! X-Men #24 cover - yes! That sweet moment by the campfire from the Rogue miniseries- made my little tween heart swoon. And that whole X-Treme era - wholeheartedly agree, that was a great time for them.

Let's see, I HAVE to add this one given my avatar:
    64552fab5c2ad9881ef2d90c9b1d6358.jpg

One Year, whooohhooo!!!!

It is time to post my old fanart again

Where is MMX 12 previews?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Thanks! Sooooo goood! KT will end it with a bang! I already want more!

We are rewally lucky with artist for last issue. Best looking MMX issue. I am so happy that X-Men 33 were mentioned. My favorite Gambit story.