Page 175 of 179 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179 LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2671
    Astonishing Member

It was red skull (who had Xavier’s powers at the time) psychically disguised as gambit

Hey ya'll, don't forget to vote this year in the X-books poll! See the sticky at the top of the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    It was red skull (who had Xavier’s powers at the time) psychically disguised as gambit
    It always bugged me that Rogue didn't know that. Like Gambit would ever, ever refuse to touch her. He would get the cloud herpes five times over if it meant he could.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hey ya'll, don't forget to vote this year in the X-books poll! See the sticky at the top of the main page.
    Time to vote hard for MMX. Even if I weren't such a Romy fan, I always stan continuity and characterization, and that book had both.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 12-12-2019 at 12:40 PM.

https://www.newsarama.com/48238-gamb...4-preview.html

I ... I don't know what to make of this preview. We get it, Remy's having a hard time and getting pretty impatient. Got anything else to show us? Guess we'll see.

Also, preview for Excalibur #4 is out: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...IBUR-4-Preview

Gambit actually is better written, but Howard doesn't get that he would never daydream about saving Rogue. He's attracted to ferociously competent, strong women who are capable of saving themselves.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Marriage changes perception?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Also, preview for Excalibur #4 is out: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...IBUR-4-Preview

Gambit actually is better written, but Howard doesn't get that he would never daydream about saving Rogue. He's attracted to ferociously competent, strong women who are capable of saving themselves.
    Right? And also technically he did get to kind of save her once from the Excutioner and sort of from her Hectatomb coma as well.

Feels like more character research was needed here.

I mean, he's being a bit over-the-top hot headed at this point as well. Seems more like 90's Remy. But whatevs.

Right? And also technically he did get to kind of save her once from the Excutioner and sort of from her Hectatomb coma as well.

Feels like more character research was needed here.

I mean, he's being a bit over-the-top hot headed at this point as well. Seems more like 90's Remy. But whatevs.
    You're totally right. Gambit isn't the sort of person who'd usually escalate an angry crowd. He's very much the type who'd charm his way through them and calm them down.

I was just excited that he got to do something that wasn't moping or whining. I was so disappointed by #3....

You're totally right. Gambit isn't the sort of person who'd usually escalate an angry crowd. He's very much the type who'd charm his way through them and calm them down.

I was just excited that he got to do something that wasn't moping or whining. I was so disappointed by #3....
    You know, I think #2 was worse for me so far as the moping went. But yeah, I don't really expect him to lose his cool with a crowd like this. I do find that 3rd panel sweet when he says there's no one he'd rather talk to. But so far, we haven't seen him do anything to solve the problem either. Maybe it's implied that he was trying to solve it before they left Krakoa? But as an audience we've only seen him mopey and angry. If he even SAID he had tried this or that or talked to Beast or Forge or whoever etc it would make him seem like an active participant in this plot.

I mean, it's not awful characterization or a terrible storyline, but we've had so much better not so long ago. I can only hope it turns the corner. I really, really don't want to drop this book. I'm trying so hard to love it. Just give me one or two good panels to let me love it!

You know, I think #2 was worse for me so far as the moping went. But yeah, I don't really expect him to lose his cool with a crowd like this. I do find that 3rd panel sweet when he says there's no one he'd rather talk to. But so far, we haven't seen him do anything to solve the problem either. Maybe it's implied that he was trying to solve it before they left Krakoa? But as an audience we've only seen him mopey and angry. If he even SAID he had tried this or that or talked to Beast or Forge or whoever etc it would make him seem like an active participant in this plot.

I mean, it's not awful characterization or a terrible storyline, but we've had so much better not so long ago. I can only hope it turns the corner. I really, really don't want to drop this book. I'm trying so hard to love it. Just give me one or two good panels to let me love it!
    I agree with this a 100%, just a little bit of context and some simple explanations would make this book so much better.
    I can't wait for Rogue to be out of her coma to change things up. So far Tini's Gambit just feels off.

100% agree. I’m conteplating dropping this too. I never felt like this during Milligans run(witch was horrendous), Carey or even bland Gage. Maybe I have changed. Maybe Tini just is writing another character instead of badly written Gambit. With the others I at least got mad. Here I just get bored and indifferent. I’m still hoping Tini will address that her Gambit isn’t up to par yet, but she’s working on it. Worst case scenario she hasn’t asked anyone competent and think that this is a Gambit well written.
    Last edited by Malachi; 12-12-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

Remy is coming to Ultimate Alliance 3.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Gambit isn't the sort of person who'd usually escalate an angry crowd. He's very much the type who'd charm his way through them and calm them down.
    I always found Gambit’s handling of the Alt Right assholes in X-Men Red was like perfect. He shows up playful, flirts with dickholes, **** with their tiki torches but then is about to throw down when the gun comes out.

The preview - loved him commenting that Rogue is the person he wants to talk to most, even if she can’t respond. Lovely strokes of X-Men #204.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Remy is coming to Ultimate Alliance 3.
    I too am watching the Game Awards, and came here to post that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXfRV-2TGk4

I've been on the edge of buying it, and the addition of those X-Men might push me over.

X-men Red