Page 12 of 179 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Though I still would love a Western ... or a Space Western ... or a musical Space Western ... yeah, just ignore me being weird over here, carry on!
    I refuse to ignore anyone being weird. And I could totally get behind some Firefly cross over.

Buuuut I would personally love some full on Southern Gothic Horror for Gambit & Rogue. Or YA Dystopian genre, stuck with some scrappy teen girl whose basically perfect but has one slight flaw (so she’s relatable!), and they’re stuck dealing her mooning over her old crush from the before time, as they keep trying to steer her towards saving the world (as the savior character does), only to give up and do the job themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    X-Men Monday is up!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/79SemiFin...902208/photo/1

Looks like they’re in some StarWars inspired story
    Slave Leia/Rogue and Jabba/Mojo...it could happen :P

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Guess we're gonna ditch Longshot at some point and spin the wheel again for Space.
    I'm confident that they're gonna see them off on the best of terms. Longshot and Rogue were honest friends for a long time, so I hope KT is not going to use him only as a mere third wheel for the sake of a cheap jealous conflict. I would like to have them also interacting for a moment and maybe even solving some matters for good (keep in mind that now Longshot can touch Rogue, therefore he can 'read' her by psychometry).

It's a funny thing that both of them have powers that works through physical contact and that have to do with getting into others' mind.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 01-15-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I'm confident that they're gonna see them off on the best of terms. Longshot and Rogue were honest friends for a long time, so I hope KT is not going to use him only as a mere third wheel for the sake of a cheap jealous conflict. I would like to have them also interacting for a moment and maybe even solving some matters for good (keep in mind that now Longshot can touch Rogue, therefore he can 'read' her by psychometry).

It's a funny thing that both of them have powers that works through physical contact and that have to do with getting into others' mind.
    Oh, I doubt he'll be just a prop or something. Certainly he'll serve some purpose in the plot. Though I also hope we don't see the whole jealousy angle happening here since Longshot was a crush of Rogue's at most and they were never serious. Now whether real touch is happening here or not is definitely a point of curiosity. Maybe it is if Rogue's power control problem is purely psychological, which really seems more and more likely to be the case. Though it's also been proposed that none of these events are really happening, just projections of their minds. Which also makes sense since Gambit is obviously not dead.

I refuse to ignore anyone being weird. And I could totally get behind some Firefly cross over.

Buuuut I would personally love some full on Southern Gothic Horror for Gambit & Rogue. Or YA Dystopian genre, stuck with some scrappy teen girl whose basically perfect but has one slight flaw (so she’s relatable!), and they’re stuck dealing her mooning over her old crush from the before time, as they keep trying to steer her towards saving the world (as the savior character does), only to give up and do the job themselves.
    Hahaha! Firefly or Cowboy Bebop would both be fun, though possibly not as great a fit for both characters. But YA Rogue . . . Ouch. Though, it WOULD smack of X-Men:Evo.

Honestly forcing superheroes through different genres is such a hoot! I am curious to see how far Kelly takes this. But we only have a few issue before they presumably escape.

There was a Twitter question asking what TV show couple best matched your favorite superhero couple and I seriously couldn't think of a good fit for Gambit and Rogue. Now Han and Leia definitely have that same antagonistic affection FOR SURE. Can you all think of one from TV?

Hahaha! Firefly or Cowboy Bebop would both be fun, though possibly not as great a fit for both characters. But YA Rogue . . . Ouch. Though, it WOULD smack of X-Men:Evo.

Honestly forcing superheroes through different genres is such a hoot! I am curious to see how far Kelly takes this. But we only have a few issue before they presumably escape.

There was a Twitter question asking what TV show couple best matched your favorite superhero couple and I seriously couldn't think of a good fit for Gambit and Rogue. Now Han and Leia definitely have that same antagonistic affection FOR SURE. Can you all think of one from TV?
    Huge fan of both Cowboy Bebop and Firefly. Spike always reminded me Gambit a lot.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Spike always reminded me Gambit a lot.
    You know, I totally thought you were talking about Spike from BtVS and I was beside myself trying to determine how he’s anything like Gambit Apparently there’s a Spike in Cowboy Bebop which I blanked on. Never seen the show, I really am not a huge sci-fi fan (just managed to finally get around to watching StarWars about 5 years ago). C’est la vive.

As for TV characters who remind me of Gambit & Rogue, not on characters by situation - I’d saying Pushing Daisies. Two people in love that cannot, under threat of death, touch.

Well done miss Thompson, well done

Astonishing Member

Lol! That’s amazing

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post

Oh wow, nice catch! That is seriously my favorite scene in Empire and I totally missed it.

Also, can we all just give D'Armata a big round of applause on these colors! Seriously the unsung hero of this book.

https://twitter.com/LukasWerneck/sta...900454400?s=19

Aren't these costume redesigns really great? I love how they are all very individual, but have a common aesthetic. I like Rogue's better than Gambit's. The man needs boots and the purple isn't quite right, should be a deeper magenta. But Rogue's is near perfection with the added black.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Between this and that Star Wars/X-Men fan art from a few years ago that depicted Rogue and Remy as Leia and Han, I need to see a full-length comic.
    Make Good Art

You know, I totally thought you were talking about Spike from BtVS and I was beside myself trying to determine how he’s anything like Gambit Apparently there’s a Spike in Cowboy Bebop which I blanked on. Never seen the show, I really am not a huge sci-fi fan (just managed to finally get around to watching StarWars about 5 years ago). C’est la vive.

As for TV characters who remind me of Gambit & Rogue, not on characters by situation - I’d saying Pushing Daisies. Two people in love that cannot, under threat of death, touch.
    Yeah, Spike from Cowboy Bebop. Very cool character. Not a huge fan of anime. But thatvshow is great if you want to give it a chance. It never gets old.

Cool catch!

Oh wow, nice catch! That is seriously my favorite scene in Empire and I totally missed it.

Also, can we all just give D'Armata a big round of applause on these colors! Seriously the unsung hero of this book.
    Agreed. D'Armata's work has been just stellar.