Page 13 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Assuming you all know the ending for Dissasembled by now . . .

I am pondering at what point in time Gambit and Rogue will return from Mojo world and if they will experience the current state of the world or if they'll be spit back out after everything is (presumably) fixed? We know the arc following Mojo has to do with the Guilds and given what happened technically Remy would be freed up to go take care of that business moreso now without the conflict of interest. Though I'm also wondering if we'll get to see them reunited with Logan and Scott at some point? That would be kind of a sweet team-up and the interactions would be fun. I'd love their reactions to them being married.

On a separate note, Kelly did an interview with Capes and Lunatics about Captain Marvel recently and hinted we might see Rogue in that book at some point. Yay! I've been resisting buying it only because I don't want to fall in love with Carol Danvers (that Yankee Witch LOL), though having Jessica Drew and possibly Rogue in there just might bait me over.

Rogue and Gambit are definitely in for a nasty shock if they do get out of Mojoworld before Age of X-Men concludes. They may find that their apartment has been repossessed. Not due to unpaid rent, but because they're assumed to be deceased.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I’m not too worried about that. I’m sure Remy left the place to the cats in his will.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rogue and Gambit are definitely in for a nasty shock if they do get out of Mojoworld before Age of X-Men concludes. They may find that their apartment has been repossessed. Not due to unpaid rent, but because they're assumed to be deceased.
    Funny, didn't Marvel do this sort of thing 20 odd years ago after Onslaught? All the major non-X-Men heroes were thought to be wiped out by Onslaught but were really in another dimension and ended up brought back by Franklin Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't you have to be missing for 7 years to be declared legally dead?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Don't you have to be missing for 7 years to be declared legally dead?
    Not under suspicious circumstances.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Kristafer Akna (cover artist of Rogue & Gambit) will be selling said original inks Monday. Not sure if it’s all 5, just saw 1 & 2 posted. If 3 is available... I may fight y’all for it

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I am pondering at what point in time Gambit and Rogue will return from Mojo world and if they will experience the current state of the world or if they'll be spit back out after everything is (presumably) fixed? We know the arc following Mojo has to do with the Guilds and given what happened technically Remy would be freed up to go take care of that business moreso now without the conflict of interest. Though I'm also wondering if we'll get to see them reunited with Logan and Scott at some point? That would be kind of a sweet team-up and the interactions would be fun. I'd love their reactions to them being married.
    The timeline is so wonky, who knows? But since KT wrote Uncanny Dissasembled, she’s obvs aware of the X-Men all completely vanishing plot line and humans going hard to get the vaccine. The mojo arc is only 4 issues, they’d be back on Earth while we’re 1/2 way through the alt world storylines and Logan & Scotty alone trying to figure whatever the **** happened. I have fingers crossed Gambit & Rogue do show up in Uncanny since we’re practically down to a bakers dozen of X-Men in the 616, even if it’s just the last issue to give a hand to whip some ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I’m not too worried about that. I’m sure Remy left the place to the cats in his will.
    I assume he's bought it through some shady company with a card-themed name, so it can't immediately be tied to him. Maybe Full House Inc.? With Oliver Katzenberg as owner.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Kristafer Akna (cover artist of Rogue & Gambit) will be selling said original inks Monday. Not sure if it’s all 5, just saw 1 & 2 posted. If 3 is available... I may fight y’all for it
    I doubt I'll be able to afford them, but it's nice to dream!
    Last edited by DearMachine; 01-18-2019 at 05:45 AM.

The timeline is so wonky, who knows? But since KT wrote Uncanny Dissasembled, she’s obvs aware of the X-Men all completely vanishing plot line and humans going hard to get the vaccine. The mojo arc is only 4 issues, they’d be back on Earth while we’re 1/2 way through the alt world storylines and Logan & Scotty alone trying to figure whatever the **** happened. I have fingers crossed Gambit & Rogue do show up in Uncanny since we’re practically down to a bakers dozen of X-Men in the 616, even if it’s just the last issue to give a hand to whip some ass.
    Baker's dozen ... mmmm, now I want cookies. But yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. And maybe time works different in Mojoverse and they'll never know what happened? My curiosity got the better of me and I asked KT on Tumblr, though I'm guessing she probably can't say without giving away spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I assume he's bought it through some shady company with a card-themed name, so it can't immediately be tied to him. Maybe Full House Inc.? With Oliver Katzenberg as owner.
    LMAO Yeah, probably!

I wonder if he ever buys much of anything big though? I can't imagine the X-Men are that sentimental about a lot of stuff. Besides outright thievery I'd assume a lot of leases and rentals? Though he did state he bought the house in New Orleans. Did that one get blown up? Of course pretty much any property they have will be blown apart sooner or later. Still got to wonder about all their properties hanging out there in the ether, especially their little house in Valle Soleda. Why do so many writers act like that whole X-Treme era never happened? Like it rarely gets referenced ever.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Then I will see you in Hell...jk, there's no way I'd ever be able to afford that haha
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I wonder if he ever buys much of anything big though? I can't imagine the X-Men are that sentimental about a lot of stuff. Besides outright thievery I'd assume a lot of leases and rentals? Though he did state he bought the house in New Orleans. Did that one get blown up? Of course pretty much any property they have will be blown apart sooner or later. Still got to wonder about all their properties hanging out there in the ether, especially their little house in Valle Soleda. Why do so many writers act like that whole X-Treme era never happened? Like it rarely gets referenced ever.
    X-Treme was one of my favorite Rogue/Gambit eras. I wish it did get referenced more often. Claremont wrote them well as a couple, and *whispers* I'm actually not a huge Claremont fan.

In my head canon, Rogue sold that house in Valle Soleada, but Gambit immediately bought it. He has the money, and not very many places that felt like home to him. He'd want to hold onto one of them.

I don't *think* anything happened to Gambit's place in New Orleans, but I'm not 100% certain.

Rogue has a whole portfolio of properties around the world that Destiny left her and never get referenced.

I might be wrong, but I don't recall any of their houses being mentioned again beyond the arcs in which they appeared...other than the NY appartment, that is. I was kind of hoping there would be a throwaway reference to other properties in MMX, seeing as continuity is pretty important in KT's writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Then I will see you in Hell...jk, there's no way I'd ever be able to afford that haha
    Ha!! Well good news, I don’t have to use my mortgage payment on it, he confirmed only #1, #2 & #4 are available.

And DM, i’m with you not being a Claremont fan. Yeesh, X-Treme was Every. Single. Issue. “Rogue’s a scrapper who love a good scrap!!” “Bishop’s a cop!” “Neal’s a rookie!!” Seriously. Flip to any fucking issue. It’s mind numbing. Plus anytime he has someone speak in a foreign launage, he immediately has the same character repeat it in English.

Why is there a Gambit appreciation thread for 2019, but no Rogue one?