Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
Prediction! Apologies if someone else already said this — Gambit and Rogue have a human baby.
Hmmm, interesting. The baby speculation isn't new, but the human angle IS.

I remain staunchly on the fence. I'm like 60% convinced she may be preggo and I'm one of a spare few here that are totally up for that development if it happens. But I'm also prepared not to be mad if it doesn't. But I like the new storyline and development possiblities it opens up for them and it also would bring some old panels plot points to fruition.

Narratively speaking, a regular human baby WOULD cause quite a stir and help us explore some intriguing themes. Though technically we already have Shogo present to do that with.

So my guess is that if we do get blessed with a new LeBeau, it will be another sort of situation entirely and there will be some complication with Rogue's powers.

Now we do know from the hints in interviews recently with Hickman and JDW that adoption of young mutants coming to Krakoa is likely to be happening, so we can't rule that out. However, the "make more mutants" decree does suggest to me that we will see at least one new baby born. And Gambit and Rogue as the most recently married seem like prime candidates. Plus again, this is probably the most prosperous and safe era mutants have ever had, right? And also, I think we've had a decent passage of time since UXM/AoXM ended. Maybe 6 months or more? Maybe a year? Which might mean they are more settled and ready by now.