Page 150 of 179 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    spoilers:
    So after today’s HOX 5, with mutants seemingly “ending” death...gambit and rogue might feel it is “safe” enough to have kids now? And thus our conspiracy theories are officially hoxpox conspiracy theories. everyone does seem cultish, so in my ideal situation gambit and rogue are chilling outside of krakoa and getting the mutant insider no death info secondhand instead of also acting cultish unless there is a reason revealed why people seem kind of cultish? I dunno
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah I know a LOT of X-fans are REALLY into this and I'm sincerely glad for them. I get it. The X-Men heroically saved the day for mutants and have ensured their own persoanl safe haven. It's logical for them to react this way and take these actions given Genosha, Decimation, the sentinel program, the vaccine, etc. Further they have defeated death and found a way to undo all the wrongful deaths done them. But I'm sorry, it STILL creeped the hell outta me and I have a hard time seeing either Rogue or Gambit drinking the Kool-Aid here. First, let's not forget Sinister is involved in all this and no way Remy trusts anything where he is involved. Why Cyke does baffles me. He seems really off. Maybe a copy of a copy isn't as sharp? Second, the X-Men are cutting themselves off from humanity entirely, isolating themselves to form their own exclusive society where we can assume humans basically aren't welcome. Because that has historically gone so well I guess? The majority of X-Men still have important ties to humanity - friends, family, and other close allies. They have been saviors of humanity throughout their existence despite the fear and hate. That's what made them noble. And several of the X-Men have been Avengers and fought for and with humanity including Rogue. (I can't help thinking of Rogue endlessly saving humans from rubble while a certain someone watches her in relative annoyance making his opinion of humanity crystal clear.) The Dream has always been to live peacefully WITH humans, not apart from them. To me it feels like the death of Xavier's Dream and giving in to Magneto's vision instead, even if done peaceably. I imagine R&G watching this all go down skeptically from the sidelines. But I do agree, knowing they don't have to really fight anymore and could have this safe haven available would possibly tip the scales toward a situation where having a family is more appealing to them ... if not for the Sinister of it all. Other than Apocalypse, have we seen any of the characters from the upcoming Excalibur in HoX/PoX? Are they potentially conscientious objectors of a sort? Also notably all of them except Romy were in AoXM.
    end of spoilers

On a less controversial note, if anyone follows the BatCat romance (Nox?! I'm looking at you) I find it interesting that they are reconciling at the beach not so unlike a certain Marvel duo we all know and love did not so long ago. Moral of the story, go to the beach more?

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    On a less controversial note, if anyone follows the BatCat romance (Nox?! I'm looking at you) I find it interesting that they are reconciling at the beach not so unlike a certain Marvel duo we all know and love did not so long ago. Moral of the story, go to the beach more?
    Don't forget that they are in disguise too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    Don't forget that they are in disguise too.
    Yes, kind of ... they didn't exactly change their names. Just disguised their intentions?

But I'm glad Gambit didn't go for the mustache!

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

But I'm glad Gambit didn't go for the mustache!
    I’m still holding out for Gambit to rock a beard.

Incredible Member

Seriously! I’m about to ask Tini if mutant magic is strong enough to convince JDW to let Gambit have a beard.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but it's not just reconciling at the beach undercover: both couples disagree about their first official meeting. It was a long seeded thing in BatCat, so I'm not sure who came up with it first: KT or Tom King. I don't think there's any evidence of one being influenced by the other, but what a helluva coincidence. They must be looking at each other like, WTH? LOL.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 09-23-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 1.25.57 PM.jpg

Posted over on the Excalibur thread.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 1.25.57 PM.jpg

Posted over on the Excalibur thread.
    Huh. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too, but it's not just reconciling at the beach undercover: both couples disagree about their first official meeting. It was a long seeded thing in BatCat, so I'm not sure who came up with it first: KT or Tom King. I don't think there's any evidence of one being influenced by the other, but what a helluva coincidence. They must be looking at each other like, WTH? LOL.
    Yeah, from interviews it sounds like they are friends. Two great minds think alike I guess? I've never followed Batman as a character, but it's mighty tempting to give it a try with Tom King and Clay Mann on the job. That art is WOW. And Tom King sentiments on relationships are a beautiful thing to behold (see exhibit A. Mr. Miracle)

Soooo any speculation on a Romy cameo for this week in the HoXPoX? How do they REALLY feel about nekkid cultish rebirth ceremonies? Actually ... given all the weird Guild stuff and the number of times he's been in the buff on panel, maybe it won't throw Remy afterall?

Will we EVER find out how they met back up with the X-Men? Or their thoughts on AoXM or the dire straights going on in UXM?

Almost down to 1 month before Excalibur starts. Seriously this is excruciating after having them in a book almost every month for almost 2 years.

And I saw that someone suggested the figure on the cliff is Rictor? No idea.

Tom King's work on Batman is so good, I went from reading a Batman trade once in a blue moon to reading current issues as soon as I can get my hands on them. I highly recommended his run (and yes, the art is incredible). Very shipper friendly.

I'm really starting to wonder if Romy will even make the smallest cameo in HoX/PoX...in a way, I would be OK with that. I've read maybe half of the HoX/PoX issues and it's unsettling (not saying it's terrible or anything, but it's creepy af). Obviously Hickman has a plan, but I'm at a loss as to what to expect regarding the status quo once HoX/PoX ends. Very cultish behavior so far. All is not right on Krakoa and I'm happy to keep Romy far away from it.

IMG_20190926_180912.jpg

From Marcus To on Twitter! Is this a hint of her new uniform?! Is that a cape and bare shoulder?!?

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

IMG_20190926_180912.jpg

From Marcus To on Twitter! Is this a hint of her new uniform?! Is that a cape and bare shoulder?!?
    Did he tag Rogue in that? The headband is pretty damn Rogue but her thicc bangs are now suddenly gone if that is her

EDIT: HE DID TAG IT THAT IT’S ROGUE

Maybe there’s a time jump? (Lol, look at me wanting bang continuity)
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 09-26-2019 at 05:31 PM. Reason: I decided to not be lazy and look at his Twitter account

Incredible Member

Gorgeous! And it does look cape-ish or billowy. What kind of clothes are usually described as billowy?

(But for real, feed us some more clues about this book marvel. Nycc and then Oct 30th are so far away!)

IMG_20190926_180912.jpg

Sign me up for Rogue's series of VHS workout tapes!

(I LOVE this look.)