Page 46 of 179 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

x-men_41_last_kiss.jpg

Yep, hoop earrings! So maybe?

So I'm thinking on Rogue's rogues gallery of traumatic powers-related events. So far I have:

1. First kiss with Cody and his coma
    2. Semi-permanent absorption of Carol
    3. The abuse on Genosha while powerless
    4. First kiss with Remy and absorbing his traumatic memories
    5. First time with Remy while powerless/Trial
    6. Getting Simon stuck and losing control again

What else am I forgetting?

Edited: Oh, duh ... new Evolution and Loss of all control with Xandra's influence

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Rogue’s hair in X-Treme X-Men. Maybe not power related but seriously traumatic none the less.

So I'm thinking on Rogue's rogues gallery of traumatic powers-related events. So far I have:

Edited: Oh, duh ... new Evolution and Loss of all control with Xandra's influence
    I think you've named the most likely events. There's also the possibility of some unknown trauma KT comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Rogue’s hair in X-Treme X-Men. Maybe not power related but seriously traumatic none the less.
    Hahaha, too true. Though I still feel like the cropped double streak is her peak worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I think you've named the most likely events. There's also the possibility of some unknown trauma KT comes up with.
    Very true.

I remember her saying in some issue that she used to use her powers all the time, presumably while under the guidance of Mystique and Destiny, and that she liked it sometimes and that scared her.

And then there is her early childhood, with neglectful and/or somewhat abusive caretakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    AiPT!: Alright, now for some character questions. Rogue and Gambit… meerah (@roguesugah) asked if these newlyweds would be on any team books coming up.

Jordan: So, again… you see how this would be considered a spoiler, right? If I had a book planned for later this year that had them as members that has not been announced or solicited yet, then me telling you the true fact that they are members of it is a spoiler. If I revealed that, I would just have to hope the writer of that book would not be mad at me for it, especially if it’s a team they’ve never been a part of before.

Please make it an avenger book, a mixed avenger x men, hell I would be happy even with the Thunderbolts, unfortunately my fears are true, Rogue is very powerful now to be part of the xmen, the same jean, both have to slow down so that fans of other characters do not complain.

Although I love Remy I would love them to be in separate books, and to continue the couple book, unfortunately many Remy fans are very toxic, nope I say it by your friend, epro must accept that Rogue does most of the work because the level of Remy is conspicuously low compared to her.

Uncanny right now looks like a dump of characters, so I would not like to see Rogue where there are 40 characters and none really shines except Jean, something that does not bother me because she deserves it.

Incredible Member

My brain jumped to X-Force or Excalibur...but it’s so hard to know how “literal” JDW is being. Has anyone looked at the C2E2 schedule? I’m curious what will be shared there.

Is JDW still over cosmic books? If so then Guardians is a good guess.
    Last edited by Couplest; 03-19-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Well...one thing you are forgetting is Rogue getting messed up by that telepathic Skrull gal and having powers she absorbed in the past randomly pop up. Getting her powers messed up by Stain 88 and absorbing the 7 or 8 billion souls.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Well...one thing you are forgetting is Rogue getting messed up by that telepathic Skrull gal and having powers she absorbed in the past randomly pop up. Getting her powers messed up by Stain 88 and absorbing the 7 or 8 billion souls.
    Ah, yes! Thanks MikeB! That's right, the random power recall from the X-Treme era gets so often forgotten. Plus then nearly dying and losing her powers. And yeah, the near death with strain 88. And then how/if Hope ties into it.

Gal has had some tough times.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    My brain jumped to X-Force or Excalibur...but it’s so hard to know how “literal” JDW is being. Has anyone looked at the C2E2 schedule? I’m curious what will be shared there.

Is JDW still over cosmic books? If so then Guardians is a good guess.
    So now we've seen the Hickman rumors and looking to be confirmed. But I expect he'll be on Uncanny or adjectiveless.

The way JDW says later in the year ... does that imply fall?

Incredible Member

The Hickman probable rumors are interesting, but he wouldn’t be my pick for the X-Men so I’m fine if he is on a main title that doesn’t include Gambit and Rogue. My husband is a huge Hickman fan, especially his creator-owned stuff and said he can’t picture him writing Gambit and Rogue. So I’m glad they will be somewhere but hoping I’m super excited for their eventual landing spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    The Hickman probable rumors are interesting, but he wouldn’t be my pick for the X-Men so I’m fine if he is on a main title that doesn’t include Gambit and Rogue. My husband is a huge Hickman fan, especially his creator-owned stuff and said he can’t picture him writing Gambit and Rogue. So I’m glad they will be somewhere but hoping I’m super excited for their eventual landing spot.
    It seems that Hickman hates Gambit. Every Gambit fan knows this but I don`t remeber where it came from. Some of his posts, probably.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It seems that Hickman hates Gambit. Every Gambit fan knows this but I don`t remeber where it came from. Some of his posts, probably.
    Yeah, I've heard this rumor a bunch too, but whenever I try to find its source, I come up with nothing
    Make Good Art

MR. AND MRS. X #12
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (A)
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    • Happily Ever After?
    • Rogue and Gambit have had quite the year — will they finally be able to relax and enjoy marital bliss?
    • Don’t bet on it!
    MRANDMRSX2018012-cvr (2).jpg