Page 4 of 179 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Haha lots of bias there
    A whole lot

Who don't here?

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Okay. I now have a Tumblr. Feel free to add me while I figure out what the f I'm doing. Lol

https://dearestmachine.tumblr.com/
    following.
    I wanta be Rogue when i grow up.

Spectacular Member

Hey - Did y'all see this thread? CB spills on what happened with the Kittylossus wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    It turns out the wedding was all serious and was planned accordingly by the xoffice and Guggs.

When lo and behold, Donny Cates said, “wait” why not Gambit and Rogue?

This was apparently at one of the Marvel summits. Where CB then runs it by Guggs and things follow the way they did.

Did it make for a better story? Maybe?

It’s just strange for them to run things like this? I guess that’s the purpose of these summits. Where an outside writer can throw an idea in, and they run with it.

CB discusses this on the official Marvel podcast (agent M hates Gambit!) year end review.
    Woah! Is this true? Should we be all celebrating Donny Cates for our good fortune? And what's with the Gambit hate from Agent M?

There's been a lot of Gambit haters in Marvel through the last 15 years, nothing surprising to be honest.
    I'm more worried about writers hating him than a random PR dude, right now I think Rosenberg is the only Gambit hater working in the X-books.

By the way, I finally sent a letter to Marvel let's see if they publish it and answer my questions.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    There's been a lot of Gambit haters in Marvel through the last 15 years, nothing surprising to be honest.
    I'm more worried about writers hating him than a random PR dude, right now I think Rosenberg is the only Gambit hater working in the X-books.

By the way, I finally sent a letter to Marvel let's see if they publish it and answer my questions.
    I didn't realize Rosenberg hated Gambit. That's too bad because I really like his writing
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I didn't realize Rosenberg hated Gambit. That's too bad because I really like his writing
    I dunno? Maybe not hate so much as just not interested? (I hope). Because I loved his Astonishing run.

Listening to the CB interview now and Agent M is already on my bad list for calling Gambit a trash fire (grrrr) though he does admit to liking him in the Rogue and Gambit mini.

It's an interesting listen so far though!

And Donny Cates if you ever read this, THANK YOU!!!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I dunno? Maybe not hate so much as just not interested? (I hope). Because I loved his Astonishing run.

Listening to the CB interview now and Agent M is already on my bad list for calling Gambit a trash fire (grrrr) though he does admit to liking him in the Rogue and Gambit mini.

It's an interesting listen so far though!

And Donny Cates if you ever read this, THANK YOU!!!
    Ugh, whatever. He's just some rando person. I don't listen to the podcast so I don't really care.

Much love to Cates, though. He's the man!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Ugh, whatever. He's just some rando person. I don't listen to the podcast so I don't really care.

Much love to Cates, though. He's the man!
    I've weirdly become a prolific X-Men podcast listener.

But yeah, Gambit haters always disappoint me. Especially when they love Cyclops. Boo. I don't love Cyclops, but do I go around trashing him?

Apparently some big secret will come out of Gold 30 in 2019 though. Color me curious!

Incredible Member

Was agent M throwing gambit hate around again? He was doing so well with letting KT draw him away from the dark side. And it sounds the same as it did when Jordan White did a podcast awhile back all the way down to Donny Cates. (I think it was X-plain the X-men) So kudos Donny Cates. (Sorry not sorry gug. )

I do sometimes wonder if Rosenberg doesn’t like gambit as much as he says or if just really enjoys messing with KT. Who knows?

I think he really dislikes Gambit, said so himself in several tweets that weren't even related to KT in the past. I think he even wrote in twitter that if he had to kill a X-men character it'd be Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Apparently some big secret will come out of Gold 30 in 2019 though. Color me curious!
    Where did you hear that?

I think he really dislikes Gambit, said so himself in several tweets that weren't even related to KT in the past. I think he even wrote in twitter that if he had to kill a X-men character it'd be Gambit.

Where did you hear that?
    Bummer. So no Gambit in Uncanny after relaunch probably.

CB says it on the podcast, right at the end after talking about the Gold wedding. Now I need to give part 2 a listen.

Spectacular Member

Guess the next question had been. Why couldn't they have two weddings? Kitty/Colossus would be in the core titles and Romy gets their own book. (or too awkward why would one have it and not other?)

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Guess the next question had been. Why couldn't they have two weddings? Kitty/Colossus would be in the core titles and Romy gets their own book. (or too awkward why would one have it and not other?)
    Lots of push back on Kittylosuss from fans? And also would replicate Guggenheim's Arrow plot from what I've heard (the double wedding thing).

Spectacular Member

Where did you hear that?
    Any chance the writers who’ve admitted to disliking Gambit might come around? KT admitted she long ago disliked Ms. Marvel and Dazzler (because even though Rogue was in the wrong, she had conflict with these characters) and KT she loves them (obviously). So you never know?

It wasn't nearly as bad as the 2000's where Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, Ed Brubaker, all openly hated Gambit, and they were all writing major X-Books. Though Brubaker did a respectable job writing him in 'Messiah Complex' in a couple of scenes.

At the moment I'd say it's a much more Gambit-friendly environment (compared to then).