Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
spoilers:
When in the early 90's Gambit behaved in any way like this though? He had a certain aura of mystery and danger around him but nothing remotely close to this, he never attacked common people in the street no matter how offensive that people were. He's been with the X-men for ages, he's used to dealing with angry crowds, and throwing charged objects at them is not how he would act.
This is like a new version of Gambit, one that is only capable of having two emotions, concern and anger. That's all, he is entire personality has been reduced to that, which is incredibly disappointing.
With Rogue waking up there might be small ray of hope for the future but at this point I'm not sure I have the will to keep reading this mess of a book.
end of spoilers
spoilers:
I can think of a couple of incidents where he was a bit irrational and showed some temper. During Legionquest when he gets in an argument with Cable - though he outright tells Rogue he feels stupid about losing his cool later. During his tussle with Joseph after X-Men 45 but pre-Trial of Gambit when they fight over Joseph hanging out by Rogue's window. That was all around stupid. And when he storms off after Xavier is being unreasonable and overtraining them. There's also the time on Utopia while he's still having trouble with the Death persona, where he freaks out on Cyclops for sending Rogue out alone. But yeah, notably none of these were against humans. In fact, he's very restrained in X-Men #45 in the bar scene when he's tracking down Rogue and Iceman and the humans are threatening them and acting like bigots.
end of spoilers