Page 109 of 179 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2671
    Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Can I just say that there was some really well drawn Remy panels. Swoon.

Also, i feel like Rogue’s stress over the missing X-Men is like 97% concern and worry and 3% needing to tell them about Gambit’s baby fever-induced soul cuddling. Like he’s not living that one down. Although I haven’t been following Uncanny, is there a specific reason why they can’t even reach Scott and Logan now? Or just the usual chaos?

Oh Tantie Mattie! When she said Rogue was “positively glowing” I was like, um....do ya’ll need to swing by the drug store and grab a box? And I love that Jean-Luc basically just showed up to whack someone in the head and then laugh at his son’s baby fever.

I am trying to decide what school of thought I’m in...the “haha! We were being trolled by KT with the Xandra egg, Baby spiral soul, tween candra (sidenote: threatening to send someone to middle school is probably the most evil and twisted threat I’ve ever read in a comic book. Don’t mess with Belle.) because whenever people get married that’s all people ask!” Or the “while I know KT is anti-romy kids now, she was also anti-marriage at first and prepped us with Gambit popping the “question” about cats. So are we possibly being prepped for something in the future?!?”

Speaking of cats...Rogue loves her furbabies! And for some reason the panel when she puts the cat down to cuddle in with Remy and the cat looks pissed was the best.

And damn! We got some badass Remy. It was nice to see him lean into it a bit. He is a threat and a powerful one at that and it’s nice to see that reflected. And then his like shape up or ship out losers speech. Loved it. He is a smart leader but doesn’t always believe in himself so it was nice to see that as well.

And although he did get a little emo about proving himself...now he has a wifey to be like “nope, I recognize this and we are addressing it now.” Speaking of regressing a tad and moving forward....Rogue starting to stress and then really firmly strengthening her control was awesome.

Ugh! I’m probably missing some thoughts but I have a meeting and I just want to read and talk about this issue all day!
    end of spoilers

OMG. MMX #12 was so good. Loved. Loved. Loved it.

Now I'm just sad it's over.

Ok, I think we are safe for spoilers now, yes? If not, I guess let me know and I'll fix it.

My comments from the review thread (thanks for putting one up Purp!):

So much to say, where to begin?! This issue really wrapped up the series with a big bow on top.

Gambit was simply great this issue. We get to see him represented in a way he hasn't been in years by other writers - clever and badass. He anticipates the trap and finds an outside the box (if not slightly gruesome) backup plan. This guy can take some pain! Also we get to see his powers creatively utilized in ways we haven't since his last solo and also the long forgotten time delay charge made a big return! And the man has his confidence back. He knows who he is and what he wants and fully embraces his thief and X-man sides to strongly reassert his king status.

We see the easy, unspoken understanding between him and Rogue when he busts her hand loose and she is already anticipating his move. Then she shows off her own escape skills - and this I LOVE because it has totally long been my headcannon and consistent with X-Treme X-Men and mentions in UA that Remy had passed some of his knowledge on to her over the long course of their relationship.

Rogue and Belle getting along and working together was brilliant. When Remy is like, "Ummm hey chatty Cathy's, a little help here?" I laughed. Reminds me of way back during the Ghost Rider/Brood issues when they are comparing notes on him.

Also, seeing Rogue have that moment of struggle with her powers and then being able to recover herself was just what I needed to see from her. We see her strength of will shine through. And that her fear became overpowering when Gambit was injured shows the depth of her love.

And I screeched all crazy happy when Tante Mattie made her appearance at last! It's been ages!!! And she was the perfect character to bring up the kids question.

Rogue ribbing Remy over the Spiral soul baby was priceless. That is the sassy Rogue I know and love!

Them having this kids conversation was awesome. Obviously it's not something they should be jumping into given all the issues going and how young and newly married they are. But just having this discussion happen was amazing considering how many times they have each mentioned a desire for family in the past. "Maybe some day!!!" Yes!!! You know I'm holding out to see this happen one day.

Sassy tween Candra was a lot of fun. And middle school is a truly horrific threat!

Javier Pina draws the best cats! Lucifer is puuurrrrfect!

So sad to see this coming to an end, but sure enjoyed the ride!

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh no no no no baby girl, you ain't got a thing to apologize for. You popping in like this to bless is much appreciated and I hope all the travel nonsense isn't weighing you down. Much love. Good luck!
    <3 (and the travel isn’t bad, instead of burning alive in the oven my city has been for the last 2 months in mid-high 90s, I’m at the beach where the high is 70. But having to lead trainings at 7:30am to physicians all week is... a lot. But hey, the weather doesn’t suck!)

So can we discuss the 103 pregnancy references? Because Rogue is glowing, Tante Mattie doesn’t waste any time clocking their biological clocks and Rogue calls out his baby fever. There was A LOT in this issue. Like... A LOT.

Incredible Member

Right? I know I wrote this above but now we are living in a spoiler box free time. Seriously, when Tante Mattie not only mentioned glowing but Positively glowing, I was like, wha? does Rogue need to go pee on a stick?

I still don’t know if that was us being teased/trolled or prepped for a possible future storyline, but it was cracking me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Right? I know I wrote this above but now we are living in a spoiler box free time. Seriously, when Tante Mattie not only mentioned glowing but Positively glowing, I was like, wha? does Rogue need to go pee on a stick?

I still don’t know if that was us being teased/trolled or prepped for a possible future storyline, but it was cracking me up.
    Maybe they aren’t major players in HoX and PoX (as evident from their absence in promotional materials) because she may be preggers by then..??

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Maybe they aren’t major players in HoX and PoX (as evident from their absence in promotional materials) because she may be preggers by then..??
    No way. I am sure that they would end MMX with such cliffhunger. I thibk there are no real plans for their kids in near future.

Incredible Member

Maybe, maybe not...but I know there are some theories about the grey twins and they are still in the Age of X-Man....so they can’t meet mom and dad yet. And KT did prep us at the end of Rogue and Gambit for the wedding with Remy “popping” the cat question. So I’m not sure if we won’t see something at some point sooner rather than later, grey twins or not.

Or the egg, spiral soul baby, tween Candra, all the pregnancy stuff, it could all just be a bit of teasing/trolling/fun at newly married couples being hit up constantly about when they are going to have kids and letting Remy and Rogue address the topic.

Nonetheless I love hearing everyone’s theories and we’ve got time to kill (sad face)....so bring’em on!

The series was a lot of fun, refreshing to read an X-Men book that wasn't all about doom and gloom or genocide and extinction. It reminded me of a lot of the Nicieza/Lobdell era where they wrote X-Men as compelling characters and wrote stories about them doing everyday things mixed with big events, but weren't nearly as frequent (which was a good thing). Looking back I never appreciated those 90s stories until very recently. Nothing wrong with epics either, but when there's Big Event after Big Event and constant revamps, it gets rather tiresome and you can lose faith in the franchise.

Anyway the Hickman era stuff looks promising (the art looks incredible so far), and the fan-theories are very intriguing, I hope it's great. I personally don't think Hickman will write Rogue and Gambit (as regulars anyway) so my guess would be a satellite book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    The series was a lot of fun, refreshing to read an X-Men book that wasn't all about doom and gloom or genocide and extinction. It reminded me of a lot of the Nicieza/Lobdell era where they wrote X-Men as compelling characters and wrote stories about them doing everyday things mixed with big events, but weren't nearly as frequent (which was a good thing). Looking back I never appreciated those 90s stories until very recently. Nothing wrong with epics either, but when there's Big Event after Big Event and constant revamps, it gets rather tiresome and you can lose faith in the franchise.

Anyway the Hickman era stuff looks promising (the art looks incredible so far), and the fan-theories are very intriguing, I hope it's great. I personally don't think Hickman will write Rogue and Gambit (as regulars anyway) so my guess would be a satellite book.
    I thibk the same. M will replace Rogue as brawler on HiX-Man. I thibk KT will continue to write them in a new X team book.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I’m just over here reading the issue with an eyebrow cocked. Like one reference is a joke but... there were a bunch in this issue alone. There were a lot of random marriage refs before they up and stole a wedding so IDK what to think

Not that I’m team baby, I’d rather those two grey little assholes be their future kids to cause them heart ache & drama.

Incredible Member

There were! Back when Remy Leboyo was saying he and Rogue wouldn’t be tying any knots.

And Rogue actually seeming like she was happy to be in a relationship as a contrast to emo kitty.

I’m conflicted because Rogue would be adorable preggers, but while kids can be “problematic” with long form storytelling...it seems like school age grey twins would be easier story wise than a baby and you can still get many of the same emotional beats you may want like Remy’s first encounter with a blood relative, omg how do people parent. etc...Plus I like that they are already kind of troublemakers even if it isn’t really their own doing. Romy kids shouldn’t be a cake walk.

Incredible Member

In addition to the important Romy spawn topic. Can we also reflect on there being some yummy Remy panels?

C2BC8475-5D68-4A69-99A9-96FB991C599A.jpg

99E2BDA2-0729-4B14-AEC5-08EC426980DE.jpg

Between that and his speech, Rogue was probably like “giddy up.”

Y'all have pretty much nailed everything I want to say, but I'm definitely expanding on Couplest's post about yummy Remy. Dude was smouldering throughout.

I really hope that writers can capture their supportive and FUN energy going forward. The constant sassing as they watch out for one another speaks to me.

Such a great final issue.