Page 36 of 179 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Attachment 78819

I know some of you are fans of KT’s other stuff, so this is a bummer. I thought it was a pretty fun book.

On a more positive note....I can’t stop thinking of the issue 11 mmx cover.
    I had a bad feeling that would be the case and it's such a huge bummer. It was such a fun book and there isn't much out there like it. Wonder where all those characters will end up?

But yeah, that #11 cover is just awesome. Gambit looks like a total boss and yet is so very unamused with his subjects. And Rogue is not front and center for a turn, but looks equally unamused. All that attitude oozing off the page is just everything!

I thought for a minute that the last post was about MMX being cancelled, and, even though I suspect it will be at 12, my heart stopped for a second. I apparently really love the book.

Is it selfish of me to hope that frees her up to write more X-Men? Though I, of course, want her to have whatever books bring her the most joy. She is such a good, smart writer.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I thought for a minute that the last post was about MMX being cancelled, and, even though I suspect it will be at 12, my heart stopped for a second. I apparently really love the book.

Is it selfish of me to hope that frees her up to write more X-Men? Though I, of course, want her to have whatever books bring her the most joy. She is such a good, smart writer.
    I'd love to see her write an X-men team book with Rogue as team leader (in my mind, the only consolation for one day cancelling MMX is Rogue leading her own team and Gambit getting his own solo...a girl can dream, right?).

KT is such a great writer, her writing makes me appreciate comics in a way I never did before.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I'd love to see her write an X-men team book with Rogue as team leader (in my mind, the only consolation for one day cancelling MMX is Rogue leading her own team and Gambit getting his own solo...a girl can dream, right?).

KT is such a great writer, her writing makes me appreciate comics in a way I never did before.
    She would kill at writing a team book with Rogue as leader. Who else would you put on the team? I'm not completely sure what my ideal team would look like but I would want Nightcrawler on there at least. They need more sibling interactions haha And then Gambit can be a recurring character.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

Haha, same. It would be a small silver lining at least. So next month is the #12 solicit, then hopefully by April we'll know if MMX continues or if not, hopefully spins out into something new. Rogue needs to be back on a team in a more official way for certain. I'd like to see Remy there too in some capacity, though maybe leading a separate team or in another role? A solo would be awesome, but they seem off the table except for minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    She would kill at writing a team book with Rogue as leader. Who else would you put on the team? I'm not completely sure what my ideal team would look like but I would want Nightcrawler on there at least. They need more sibling interactions haha And then Gambit can be a recurring character.
    I totally agree with you on Nightcrawler. Bobby would be another obvious choice, I guess? I'd like to see her interact with Laura...oh, and I'd love to see Sage come back. I'd want Gambit on the team if my dream of another solo is too extravagant (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I totally agree with you on Nightcrawler. Bobby would be another obvious choice, I guess? I'd like to see her interact with Laura...oh, and I'd love to see Sage come back. I'd want Gambit on the team if my dream of another solo is too extravagant (lol).
    LOL Well in dream town, they both get ongoing solos!

Hmmm, would Sam and Paige be too much Southern? Maybe just Paige if Sam is wrapped up with X-Force. Also Kelly would love to get Armor and we need young blood in there. I concur with Iceman and Nightcrawler.

Spectacular Member

Thanks MikeB! When the X-Classifieds (that became MMX) was announced, when was it? I don't even recall...unless it was to make it hush hush for the wedding announcement.

Spectacular Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...t-love-stories

Not sure if this was posted. Wow Marvel promoting Romy after all these years?

https://www.marvel.com/watch/digital...t-the-universe
    Romy has an honorary dish for Valentine's day.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    LOL Well in dream town, they both get ongoing solos!

Hmmm, would Sam and Paige be too much Southern? Maybe just Paige if Sam is wrapped up with X-Force. Also Kelly would love to get Armor and we need young blood in there. I concur with Iceman and Nightcrawler.
    Paige and Rogue sharing their Southern connections could be cute, and this reminds me that Chamber would be an interesting character to bounce off of Rogue, since he also feels distance due to his powers. Surge as another mutant who's growing into a leadership role could be a good dynamic too, if Rogue were almost mentoring her on the finer points of leading a field team and Surge is just a really cool character. Add Armor and X-23 and that's:

Rogue
    Nightcrawler
    Iceman
    Surge
    Husk
    Chamber
    X-23
    Armor

A team that bridges various X-Men eras, has interesting powers, and has links to one another and recurring characters, particularly Remy, Sam and Jubilee. Dunno if it's a bit too big though?

Someone asked earlier if Rogue had ever shared her experience in Genosha with anyone. This is the only thing I've ever found. This is from UXM#244, which is much better known for the debut of Jubilee Lee. The Carol Danvers takes Rogue and explains what happened to Rogue to the other 3 X-Gals of the group. Funny thing is the gals don't seem to care! 30 years ago, Claremont could do this, but in lue of #metoo and the Larry Nasser scandal (here in West Michigan, the Nasser scandal and it's fallout has been in local news for the last 2 years.) I don't thing what happen to Rogue could have been ignored.
    [img]Scan2019-02-22_050651_001.jpg[/img]
    [img]Scan2019-02-22_050651_002.jpg[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Incredible Member

Let’s see:

Gambit
    Rogue
    Laura
    Nightcrawler

With a recurring cast of Gabby, Storm, Fence, Beast and Bishop.

My reasoning is personal selfishness of wanting this team.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post

That is so not how we do rice and beans out here in California.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...t-love-stories

Not sure if this was posted. Wow Marvel promoting Romy after all these years?

That is a seriously random dish. I get the Cajun/Southern influence, but....

Gambit and Rogue have actual iconic foods associated with moments in their relationship. Why would you not make a boysenberry pie for this?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Someone asked earlier if Rogue had ever shared her experience in Genosha with anyone. This is the only thing I've ever found. This is from UXM#244, which is much better known for the debut of Jubilee Lee. The Carol Danvers takes Rogue and explains what happened to Rogue to the other 3 X-Gals of the group. Funny thing is the gals don't seem to care! 30 years ago, Claremont could do this, but in lue of #metoo and the Larry Nasser scandal (here in West Michigan, the Nasser scandal and it's fallout has been in local news for the last 2 years.) I don't thing what happen to Rogue could have been ignored.
    I have a suspicion that KT is going to address it in the next issue of MMX. To me, it has to be one of the memories that Rogue confronts. Even in the panels you've posted, it's not really Rogue sharing it. It's Carol in Rogue.

It is odd how little reaction the other women have to it. I can understand Dazzler and even Psylocke not caring, but it seems odd for Storm. Perhaps it's because they're talking to Carol, and not Rogue. But, yeah, the "hey ladies, let's go shopping" conclusion makes me roll my eyes a lot. It's not a great response to discovering your team-mate has been sexually assaulted, and that her psyche is being fractured between her and Carol's minds. It's such a stereotypical, male-authored "women be shoppin'" moment.

I also think a female and/or more up-to-date writer would have phrased what happened to Rogue a little differently. "They got fresh, but it wasn't serious." Unwanted sexual touching is still sexual assault.