Page 30 of 179 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Oh boo! It’s 3 a.m. and I can’t download MMX#8. Anyone else experiencing this heartache? I can see it, but can’t buy it! Why!?!
    Oh nooo!!!! Any luck yet? Mine worked ok.

No spoilers but I REALLY like where this is going.

Incredible Member

My subscription download was a little flaky for a few minutes and then worked. I’m really excited about where things are headed too. I don’t think I’ve seen where Gambit finds himself at the end in a comic that I’ve personally read before. So I’m interested in that aspect of the world.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh nooo!!!! Any luck yet? Mine worked ok.

No spoilers but I REALLY like where this is going.
    No way! Wonder what’s wrong with mine? They sense I’m Canadian? Thanks for letting me know! And was how was Gambit in this issue? Supposedly this was going to be a good book for him? And yes no spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    My subscription download was a little flaky for a few minutes and then worked. I’m really excited about where things are headed too. I don’t think I’ve seen where Gambit finds himself at the end in a comic that I’ve personally read before. So I’m interested in that aspect of the world.
    Lucky duck! Mine still isn’t cooperating with me. It’s awful! So close yet so far away!

Spectacular Member

Lucky duck! Mine still isn’t cooperating with me. It’s awful! So close yet so far away!
    Whew! After 10 million tries (and who knows what else I downloaded in hopes of fixing the issue) it finally worked. Wow! I really enjoyed it. So intrigued now. Damn you Kelly Thompson. I waited how long for this issue only to leave me hanging for the next one. Ahhhhh! I can’t wait. March 27 is too far away.

This was by far my favorite issue of the run. I loved everything about it unreservedly. I will do the review thread in a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    This was by far my favorite issue of the run. I loved everything about it unreservedly. I will do the review thread in a little while.
    omg yus yus yus! My LCS won't be getting their shipment until tomorrow because WEATHER so very much looking forward to your review/summary!!! Thanks DM!

Thank you so much for always doing these! I love your reviews!

This issue really has me excited. The series feels like it's picking up steam.

Spectacular Member

Yes! YES!! YES!!! Love your reviews. Always make me laugh and even make me enjoy the book more (if that is even possible). Looking forward to it!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Thank you so much for always doing these! I love your reviews!

This issue really has me excited. The series feels like it's picking up steam.
    Just hope it goes beyond issue 12.
    L'Enfer !

Blade Runner.

You are a master reviewer, Dear Machine. Thank you for making those threads. I can honestly say the same, this is my favorite issue of the whole run so far. It was full of so much and it flowed beautifully.

Ugh, I can't believe how torturous the wait for issue #9 is going to be.

So many great Gambit moments in this one!
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

I loved it! My favorite issue so far.
    Good: Gambit was smart and great in fight with Longshot. Really cool moment for him.

Gambit and Rogue banter are fun as always.

Huge thanks to KT for using "Bang you dead!" and that charged cards felt dangerous.

Glad that Gambit is important in this arc too. Gambit and Rogue were chosen because Spiral needed Gambit`s thieving skills. I really liked it.

Excited to see Gambit in real mojoworld. I think he must kidnap someone who is important for Mojo. Like his unknown child or girlfriend. I think it will be something that he wouldn`t like to do.

Bad or weird: We have 5 R&G issues, wedding in Gold 30 and 8 MMX issues. Rogue didn`t tell even once simple phrase "I love you". Gambit did it already a few times and told again in MMX 8 that he loves her.
    Their relationship feels to much one sided. It may be ok before marriage but now it is not ok. Their couple is not healthy. Maybe Remy noticed that and that is why he was drinking in bar.

Terrible speculation:
    "They find each other, they fall in love... and then she murders him". I afraid because Guilds hates Rogue as his wife they will betray Remy at the end of #12 and kill him. So he will do a right thing and show that he was good and loyal but will die from a betrayal the way Jon Snow died. After that Rogue will tell that she loves him.

Also art and colors are great in this. I am Glad that Oscar will be able to draw Guilds arc too.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Oh boo! It’s 3 a.m. and I can’t download MMX#8. Anyone else experiencing this heartache? I can see it, but can’t buy it! Why!?!
    Saaaame. I was up at midnight ready to pounce and... no way to download it. And yup, just kept staring at me without any options. Pretty much went “fuck it” and went to bed. My dog decided 4:30am was a perfect time to wake me up, so with an hour until I actually had to get up, I fiddled around some more. Still couldn’t download it through the app. Tried Comixology and still couldn’t get the issue to download. It just kept telling me I could add to my wishlist. Finally figured out if you log into your Marvel account, you can but it there and then have it sync to your Marvel comic app. JFC they’re lucky I’m committed to supporting this title y’all.

That said, super great issue. BUT I gotta say, I love Rogue with that Star Wars hair, she looked so cute. And the fucking COLORS for the spaceback ground?! Give Matt an award, he topped the first issue. Just absolutely gorgeous.