Page 90 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    spoilers:
    Gambit realizes he doesn’t want to be with Rogue because even though we’ve been reading about his redemption arc for decades, he states he’s total garbage and should be with Belladonna because she’s also trash. He and Belladonna start to run off but get killed off by random bricks falling from the underground place caving in on itself. Issue ends with Rogue on her laptop writing a blog post about all the wonderful & heroic things he did in life, ending it with “he died protecting his queen.” She shuts laptop and el fin.
    end of spoilers

NOT THAT I’M STILL BITTER.
    haha! you do realise that David Benioff actually wrote the ONLY movie version of Gambit?

You all were right, I loved it
    I am happy that one of mine favorite villains are back and fine.
    Favorite panels were when Rogue came home with thieves on back and Gambit with excessive chains. That was really funny.

Sad that we have only 1 issue left. I want more.
    Probably Bella will help to get them out from this situation.
    Still hope to see cameos from Tante and Fence in last issue.

Incredible Member

So...I’m assuming the stuff I’m confused by is Game of Thrones stuff and use the same tactic I just with my husband when he talks about GOT and just ignore it.

I woke up and read this issue and then my 3yo woke up and that was a mess...and then when I got to work it was insane so I am so bitter I had to sit and not talk about this issue for soooo long! It was so good but then again the next issue is the last so I want it but I don’t. Writing to Marvel this weekend is now on the to do list.

spoilers:
    One of my first thoughts came from the preview and that was my appreciation that despite his needing to deal with the thieves, Gambit cares about being an X-Man. That is something I not all writers “get.” But, we know Remy has his issues with acceptance and self worth, so from Wolverine kicking him out in All-New X-Factor to his early X-Men Gold appearances and his comments to Storm....I love to see him come full circle again. And he was totally giving himself a “pep” talk because he was so sure he knew what Rogue would do. So of course when she shows up and he thanks her and she’s like “duh” my heart melted! Not only was it a balance that fans had been yearning for...but Remy seeing someone who values him and cares about him so much put the melted remains of my heart through the ringer.

And speaking of people who care about Remy, Bel obviously does. And that was an interesting note that when she said the line about the dream of them being together, my first thought was because of everything that happened and Remy marrying Rogue....but I’m going to assume it’s also because she knew Candra’s plan for Rogue. And that if she was involved with something happening to Rogue that Remy would never forgive her. So in some ways it sounds like she was sacrificing her probably last tiny sliver of hope of every having a life with Remy in exchange for saving his life somehow...probably at the expense of Rogue’s. But her little .... after Candra’s Trophy comment makes me think that Belle is a little suspicious of Tween Candra. So it will be interesting to see if that shakes out as anything. But that is what I love about KT’s writing. There is so much depth packed in those pages. The freaking suppression collars basically got a character arc! And Yeah, Rogue being sassy and busting in the room with three dudes failing at stopping her was the best.

I love the idea about Remy possible sewing something up during the bathroom stitch scene. Good call!

And is Rogue’s sacrifice supposed to help Tween Candra become regular Candra? Is it Gambit’s punishment for supposed failures as king? It seems like Rogue picked the Tiger so I guess that makes Scott and Logan the lady? Okay, I probably need to calm it down a bit.

I’m so excited for the next issue but dreading the end. I hope we don’t have to wait too long after to find out where they’ll pop up.
    end of spoilers

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    haha! you do realise that David Benioff actually wrote the ONLY movie version of Gambit?
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day

And I agree with everyone that the best single panel was Rogue breaking through the door.
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 05-22-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Now I will keep my fingers crossed the whole month that bathroom scene theory will really happen. Would love that sooooo much!
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-22-2019 at 12:55 PM.

I have a feeling that Bella will end as the head of both Guilds. It will be kinda ignored that Remy is the head of World Thieves Guilds and not just Nola.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I have a feeling that Bella will end as the head of both Guilds. It will be kinda ignored that Remy is the head of World Thieves Guilds and not just Nola.
    I would love for Mercy to lead the thieves. Keeps it in the family and gives Gambit an out. Plus Mercy & Bella seem to have liked each other with FN’s run ended.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I would love for Mercy to lead the thieves. Keeps it in the family and gives Gambit an out. Plus Mercy & Bella seem to have liked each other with FN’s run ended.
    Don't think that she will appear. If it was a plan then she would appear in issue 6. Bella or Jean-Luc are the only candidates. But I hope Remy will stay as King. Good Gambit as King story weren't told yet.

I loved loved loved this issue. I love a good Guild story.

If Gambit resigns as king, I'd be cool with Belle taking over for a while.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Now I will keep my fingers crossed the whole month that bathroom scene theory will really happen. Would love that sooooo much!
    What theory?

I loved MMX #11. It was not my favorite, but I found it very amusing. I think what I did not like was that it seemed rushed, which is totally understandable. I think it's totally Rogue running to help Remy instead of anyone else (how many times did she throw it all up and ran to support him? If only to count on his miniseries ...). I've always loved Remy's monologues since Nicieza. I'd even like to see some of that with Rogue, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    What theory?
    That Remy on bathroom panel was sewing something under skin that possibly will help them in issue 12. It would be great. He knew how dangerous his mission were.

I remember when Deadpool made something like this in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

They asked a few times if they searched him. It would be a really cool move.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-22-2019 at 03:34 PM.

That Remy on bathroom panel was sewing something under skin that possibly will help them in issue 12. It would be great. He knew how dangerous his mission were.

I remember when Deadpool made something like this in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

They asked a few times if they searched him. It would be a really cool move.
    Wow!!! I thought he was trading the points of the wound he received at the first arc. But that would be much more interesting!

This interview is more enlightening than that of XMonday, imo. Just knowing that we will not jump into another alternate reality story or time travel has left me very excited:

https://www.cbr.com/jonathan-hickman...f-x-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    This interview is more enlightening than that of XMonday, imo. Just knowing that we will not jump into another alternate reality story or time travel has left me very excited:

https://www.cbr.com/jonathan-hickman...f-x-interview/
    Love the new avatar Kalternativa! Ok, I think this interview is the most encouraging one I've seen. No AU and no time travel is good news. Still have my doubts that Rogue or Gambit play a big role. But if they are kept hopefully intact until their next book, that would be nice.