Page 147 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2671
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I’ve kind of thought that too, but I hope there is more to it. Pod people aren’t that big of a payoff for this big of a story.
    I hope there is something more to the pod resurrections other than just bringing back the dead X-Men and calling it a day. I can’t fathom it’s a bodysnatchers scenario because fans will riot, but where is the urgency & risk if the main X-Men’s bodies are all in goo just respawning? I’m just hoping for a payoff. Hopefully more than just Rogue have funky side effects (Nightcrawler & Angel are AWOL from Dawn of X so maybe they’re sidelines and Rogue’s too fucking stubborn to sit it out?).

I’m actually going try and skip some hoxpox weeks and binge read because I know people are loving it but I haven’t been quite as excited. So instead of getting excited about the build up, it’s kind of feels like it’s taking forever. Hoping reading a few chapters together helps that a bit.
    Omg I couldn’t. I read these chapters at Wed 12:01am PST because I’m always down for big events

Incredible Member

Kurt and Warren are probably planning rogue’s baby shower.

And I’m hoping I start to get into hoxpox more as we get towards the end. I really want to like it as much as everyone else! I’m the problem!

Astonishing Member

Lol, smooth way to bring it around to the ‘conspiracy theory’.

I’m generally liking box/pox but i’m also not as enthusiastic about it. It’s all about Moira and robots with Xavier and magneto occasionally posturing for the camera. The ending might determine how much I end up liking it.

Incredible Member

Yeah, we are far enough into this hiatus/limbo thing that if you give me any random X-Men topic...with enough time I can tie it into the Rogue is pregnant conspiracy theory. Otherwise we need to come up with some new theories to obsess over until 10/30.

BABIES!!!! I implore you!!

Approximately what age was Rogue when she sought asylum/help from Xavier??

She was a teenager yes? Who knows? I must know!

Astonishing Member

I believe she was 17 when she joined/ begged for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Yeah, we are far enough into this hiatus/limbo thing that if you give me any random X-Men topic...with enough time I can tie it into the Rogue is pregnant conspiracy theory. Otherwise we need to come up with some new theories to obsess over until 10/30.
    Oh, oh! I volunteer as tribute!

Ok, but actually there was this Twitter post recently (https://twitter.com/LetsTalkRemy/sta...196151808?s=19), but it reminded me of when I had been thinking on this same observation - Olivier LeBeau and Nate Gray have a very curiously similar aesthetic.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

Granted Olivier and Rebecca are extremely hypothetical future characters that may never exist in the 616. But it really makes you wonder.

Astonishing Member

Oliver was from Xmen: The End, where gambit was ‘confirmed’ to be a ‘clone’ of sinister with Summers dna mixed in. So at least in that alternate future, the resemblance makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Oliver was from Xmen: The End, where gambit was ‘confirmed’ to be a ‘clone’ of sinister with Summers dna mixed in. So at least in that alternate future, the resemblance makes sense.
    Ahhhh, ok. I remembered the clone of Sinister part, but not the Summers DNA part. Not that Oliver's appearance didn't make sense as a Gambit and Rogue kiddo. It's actually Nate Gray who seems to look less like his parents, am I right?

I kind of assume that current and future writers won't use plot points from The End? Or maybe they will use it as inspiration rather? Dunno.

Which begs the question of whether they will ever answer the question of Gambit's parentage clearly. His DNA has been catalogued, presumably by Moira and also Sinister. So the answer wouldn't be hard to find if he wanted it. I would kind of like to see him go on a quest for that info actually. Maybe break into Sinister's archives? Which I guess technically happened in Hunt for Wolverine already with other characters when Laura found out about her true parentage. So maybe a tired notion? Just saying, knowing you were about to become a parent might make you more curious about your own parentage. (See how I brought that back around to pregnant Rogue theory? LOL)

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ahhhh, ok. I remembered the clone of Sinister part, but not the Summers DNA part. Not that Oliver's appearance didn't make sense as a Gambit and Rogue kiddo. It's actually Nate Gray who seems to look less like his parents, am I right?

I kind of assume that current and future writers won't use plot points from The End? Or maybe they will use it as inspiration rather? Dunno.

Which begs the question of whether they will ever answer the question of Gambit's parentage clearly. His DNA has been catalogued, presumably by Moira and also Sinister. So the answer wouldn't be hard to find if he wanted it. I would kind of like to see him go on a quest for that info actually. Maybe break into Sinister's archives? Which I guess technically happened in Hunt for Wolverine already with other characters when Laura found out about her true parentage. So maybe a tired notion? Just saying, knowing you were about to become a parent might make you more curious about your own parentage. (See how I brought that back around to pregnant Rogue theory? LOL)
    I assume they'll reveal Gambit's origins eventually, just like they'll probably reveal Rogue's birth-name at some point. It's just a matter of when. I could see either one of those stories being arcs for a solo if/when they get their own books again. I could also see it being a throwaway plot-point in a future team book haha Kind of just depends on who's writing them.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I assume they'll reveal Gambit's origins eventually, just like they'll probably reveal Rogue's birth-name at some point. It's just a matter of when. I could see either one of those stories being arcs for a solo if/when they get their own books again. I could also see it being a throwaway plot-point in a future team book haha Kind of just depends on who's writing them.
    I live in fear of that moment, LOL. I'm just afraid it'll be badly done. I'm still waiting (wishing?) for Rogue's origins to be rewritten...

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I live in fear of that moment, LOL. I'm just afraid it'll be badly done. I'm still waiting (wishing?) for Rogue's origins to be rewritten...
    Yeah, I get that! No doubt they've been botched before. I just wonder if there's a working theory that most Marvel writers already assume is the truth or if it's wide open? Other than the groundwork laid by Nicieza and what we see in CC's The End, I can't recall if other writers have weighed in on it.

It doesn't seem like a lot of writers are interested in these type of origins big reveal stories. And solos are getting to be rare. I think a miniseries is the most we can maybe hope for anymore?

And now after today's PoX, I can't help but wonder how new info on Sinister informs his past interactions with Gambit. I have SO many questions!

The most logical theory that I liked is that Gambit is Adam Essex, the son of Sinister.

It is shown really good in this video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._new_evidence/

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Same. I fear it'll turn into another Trial of Gambit haha
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    The most logical theory that I liked is that Gambit is Adam Essex, the son of Sinister.

It is shown really good in this video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._new_evidence/
    Huh. That's certainly an interesting (and complex) take. Not sure how I feel about it. I kind of like it being left as a mystery, but it would explain a lot about how Sinister treats Gambit differently. I just don't want Gambit to be known as a Summers. There are enough Summers and Greys. I'd like to see other family trees explored instead.