Page 172 of 179 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2671
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I must say I'm glad these two finally got married. reading the old uncanny issues when gambit struggled with his transgressions against mutantkind and how it would affect him and rogue it's nice to see these two find their happy ending. they deserve it!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I must say I'm glad these two finally got married. reading the old uncanny issues when gambit struggled with his transgressions against mutantkind and how it would affect him and rogue it's nice to see these two find their happy ending. they deserve it!!
    Agreed! I was also pretty excited to see Ororo as his best woman. One of my favorite friendships in comics
    Make Good Art

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Agreed! I was also pretty excited to see Ororo as his best woman. One of my favorite friendships in comics
    it's one of my favorite friendships as well beloved!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yes. That scene were awesome.

This article seems to have a lot of inaccuracies. Oh well.

spoilers:
    Gambit's showing was better this issue and he takes more active initiative. Her writing of his accent is a bit so-so, but I've seen worse. It would be nice if anyone would listen to him, though he remains a bit one dimensional and singularly focused on Rogue's situation with little regard for Jubilee or Betsy's worries. But I guess if he really thinks Rogue could be dead ... ? I dunno. Better than Jubilee whose main feature is still worrying over Shogo constantly. Dragon Shogo was by far the best thing about this story - so cute, so fun.

Some dialogue makes me think Tini might know of that Asmus Gambit issue? Because Remy speaks about faeries with some seeming authority. It will be interesting to see if he and Pete Wisdom acknowledge their previous interactions. If Tini harkens back to the Asmus run, all might just be forgiven.

No idea why Rictor's powers are out of control or why he's in a depressive funk. My theory is that it has something to do with Shatterstar, since he's nowhere to be found.

Apocalypse continues to manipulate everyone toward his own ends as they all remain clueless, other than perhaps Remy.

And no appearance from Rogue at all, not in dreams or as a decorative plant. Boooo.

Mainly all we learned this issue is that Brian is completely under Morgan's control and their mission to retrieve him was pointless. Meanwhile Morgan Le Faye is trying to manipulate her servant with Coven Akkaba into turning MI13 against the now mutant Captain Britain. Glad these issues are every 2 weeks now because the forward plot movement feels slow to me so far.

Overall the issue is fine, but doesn't really spark a lot of my enthusiasm or excitement. The art is pretty though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    spoilers:
    Gambit's showing was better this issue and he takes more active initiative. Her writing of his accent is a bit so-so, but I've seen worse. It would be nice if anyone would listen to him, though he remains a bit one dimensional and singularly focused on Rogue's situation with little regard for Jubilee or Betsy's worries. But I guess if he really thinks Rogue could be dead ... ? I dunno. Better than Jubilee whose main feature is still worrying over Shogo constantly. Dragon Shogo was by far the best thing about this story - so cute, so fun.

Some dialogue makes me think Tini might know of that Asmus Gambit issue? Because Remy speaks about faeries with some seeming authority. It will be interesting to see if he and Pete Wisdom acknowledge their previous interactions. If Tini harkens back to the Asmus run, all might just be forgiven.

No idea why Rictor's powers are out of control or why he's in a depressive funk. My theory is that it has something to do with Shatterstar, since he's nowhere to be found.

Apocalypse continues to manipulate everyone toward his own ends as they all remain clueless, other than perhaps Remy.

And no appearance from Rogue at all, not in dreams or as a decorative plant. Boooo.

Mainly all we learned this issue is that Brian is completely under Morgan's control and their mission to retrieve him was pointless. Meanwhile Morgan Le Faye is trying to manipulate her servant with Coven Akkaba into turning MI13 against the now mutant Captain Britain. Glad these issues are every 2 weeks now because the forward plot movement feels slow to me so far.

Overall the issue is fine, but doesn't really spark a lot of my enthusiasm or excitement. The art is pretty though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

IMHO, Gambit's the only person here with their head screwed on right. What kind of idiot doesn't think Apocalypse is up to something with coma-portal Rogue? The rest of the island has **** to be getting on with, but Bets needs to take a break from rescuing her brother and put Krakoa and her fellow mutants first.
    end of spoilers

Friends,

I am really sad to tell it. Our friend Belay (Arindam Das) passed away.

I received this information from his wife:
    «…
    There was a robbery in our house and most of our personal belongings were stolen which is the reason we had to delete most of his accounts.
    I wanted to let you know that he passed away recently as he was shot multiple times trying to save us during the robbery. He was able to kill both the robbers but he succumbed to his injuries. He was a good person and if you know any of his friend do inform them that he passed away
    …»

I'm proud to have known him. Sad that wasn`t able to meet him in real life. Earth has lost a wonderful man. Will miss you, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Friends,

«…
    There was a robbery in our house and most of our personal belongings were stolen which is the reason we had to delete most of his accounts.
    I wanted to let you know that he passed away recently as he was shot multiple times trying to save us during the robbery. He was able to kill both the robbers but he succumbed to his injuries. He was a good person and if you know any of his friend do inform them that he passed away
    …»

I'm proud to have known him. Sad that wasn`t able to meet him in real life. Earth has lost a wonderful man. Will miss you, my friend.
    It is horrifying that such things are still happening in our world. I am so, so sorry to hear this news. What a tragedy for his family. I only interacted with Belay a few times, but he always was a great contributor and a kind person. He will be missed.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Holy crap, what horrible news. RIP Belay. I didn't really interact with him a ton, but he always seemed like a good guy and had some interesting insights on here. He will be missed but he went out protecting those he loved, which is admirable in itself.
    Make Good Art

Friends,

«…
    …»

Horrible. Absolutly horrible. He will be missed. I have nothing but good memories of his posts.
    Condolences to his Wife. Hope she finds a way to live with it.

I find Gambit to be annoying in Excalibur. His attitude is totally understandable but it doesnt make for an interesting read. I really dont like he and Rogue being wasted in this title. Im all for mixing characters up but this has been such a poor fit for them

Friends,

«…
    …»

Very sorry to hear this, condolences to his family.

Friends,

«…
    …»

This are terrible news, he's been a part of this community since the days of the old forum. The Gambit Appreciation Thread won't be the same without him, we lost a great Gambit fan, may his soul rest in peace.