Page 100 of 179 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2671
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    *points at Couplest then dusts away all of the crumbs*
    Hey! Cookies are like chips...you can’t eat just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Hey! Cookies are like chips...you can’t eat just one.
    Congratulations, you hit the 100! Have another cookie!

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member

Hey, those look good, almost like a brookie.

Anyway skimming through the last few pages and all I’ll say is I stand by my comment of ‘sexist’ and reference the convo between mystique and then iceman about awful things she’s done. But that is all I will say and let much much fun topics prevail.

It was indeed Frank Cho and not Mike Choi and that sideshow print was lovely. I like how it shows them just relaxed, hanging out and enjoying being together.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    *gasp* You ate ALL of them?! Now how will we lure people in here?!

On a totally unrelated note did any of you see this new Mike Choi drawing on Twitter? I know he's a bit of a controversial artist, but can't deny this pretty darn good.

Attachment 83137
    He posted the complete work today, just missing coloring. I'm impressed by the amount of likes in Rogue and Gambit's drawings on Mike Choi's Instagram. It's double, sometimes triple, of the other drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    He posted the complete work today, just missing coloring. I'm impressed by the amount of likes in Rogue and Gambit's drawings on Mike Choi's Instagram. It's double, sometimes triple, of the other drawings.
    He really does them well and seems to draw them a lot. Maybe not all writers are as excited about them, but artists seem to really love them.

Here's another Mike Choi to give him some more vindication.

939a1a66776dfe3e7871529b2d15581e.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    LMAO.

Should we talk about how the show-runners behind XTAS are trying to pitch a continuation of the series to Disney? I don't think it'll pan out, but that cartoon is so beloved that I hope it happens. I wonder where they would take Gambit & Rogue if it happens...

LMAO.

Should we talk about how the show-runners behind XTAS are trying to pitch a continuation of the series to Disney? I don't think it'll pan out, but that cartoon is so beloved that I hope it happens. I wonder where they would take Gambit & Rogue if it happens...
    Yeah, I'm mulling this over in my brain and of course I REALLY want it ... but then I realize just how much cartoons have changed and in some ways they've gotten more sophisticated, while in others sort of regressed. And since they've already adapted so many of the classic stories, where could it go next? And who is the audience? The kids of today or the people who grew up with it? Or could it possibly serve both?

And Romy was teased so hard in XTAS and EVO, but we never quite got the follow through. Probably because they could get a little too sexy for a kids show? So then I find myself wanting something aimed for an older audience and probably not suited to Disney. But still, I would love to see them bring it back even if it's more kid focused.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 06-08-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

He really does them well and seems to draw them a lot. Maybe not all writers are as excited about them, but artists seem to really love them.

Here's another Mike Choi to give him some more vindication.

939a1a66776dfe3e7871529b2d15581e.jpg
    You're not kidding here is a cool one I found in his store (https://mikechoiart.bigcartel.com/)

pirates.jpg
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Pirates? Sure why not it’s a good pic. Those cookies are still making me hungry...

That thing about TAS... I don’t know, it’s sounds like it could be really good, but will it all go to heck when they actually do it? I never really looked for behind the scenes stuff, but it seemed whenever some one posted something that the writers/producers said it wasn’t that great. Like it seemed like the people making the cartoon never really liked gambit much, even though he was a main character. I don’t know, maybe i’m just rambling, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Pirates? Sure why not it’s a good pic. Those cookies are still making me hungry...

That thing about TAS... I don’t know, it’s sounds like it could be really good, but will it all go to heck when they actually do it? I never really looked for behind the scenes stuff, but it seemed whenever some one posted something that the writers/producers said it wasn’t that great. Like it seemed like the people making the cartoon never really liked gambit much, even though he was a main character. I don’t know, maybe i’m just rambling, lol...
    They had a book out on the making of the show not too long ago called "Previously On X-Men" and they did a few podcast interviews. Pretty interesting, as they talk about dealing with the rules and guidelines for cartoons back then.

I think the thing is Gambit was an extremely new character when the cartoon came out and the producers were probably bigger fans of those established 05 characters. They just knew they needed a few cool newer characters that would be appealing and Gambit fit the bill. In fact, he was the newest character on the roster unless you count Morph. Even Jubilee had an earlier introduction in the comics. To this day I wonder if his popularity would have taken off if not for having been added to the XTAS roster. And without XTAS, X-Men #1 wouldn't have been such a record breaking book.

It does seem though like the first voice actor for Gambit didn't maintain a long or close relationship with the rest of the cast or producers. He wasn't available to interview for the book apparently. The second voice actor, Chris Potter, has been touring cons with Lenore Zann who played Rogue and also the voice actors for Beast and Wolverine. Some of their panels are online.

A reboot would need serious updating for art and dialogue to be competitive it in the current atmosphere. XTAS is super dramatic, over-the-top, and cheesy on the dialogue at times. But God, I still love it. LOL

They had a book out on the making of the show not too long ago called "Previously On X-Men" and they did a few podcast interviews. Pretty interesting, as they talk about dealing with the rules and guidelines for cartoons back then.

I think the thing is Gambit was an extremely new character when the cartoon came out and the producers were probably bigger fans of those established 05 characters. They just knew they needed a few cool newer characters that would be appealing and Gambit fit the bill. In fact, he was the newest character on the roster unless you count Morph. Even Jubilee had an earlier introduction in the comics. To this day I wonder if his popularity would have taken off if not for having been added to the XTAS roster. And without XTAS, X-Men #1 wouldn't have been such a record breaking book.

It does seem though like the first voice actor for Gambit didn't maintain a long or close relationship with the rest of the cast or producers. He wasn't available to interview for the book apparently. The second voice actor, Chris Potter, has been touring cons with Lenore Zann who played Rogue and also the voice actors for Beast and Wolverine. Some of their panels are online.

A reboot would need serious updating for art and dialogue to be competitive it in the current atmosphere. XTAS is super dramatic, over-the-top, and cheesy on the dialogue at times. But God, I still love it. LOL
    Actually Chris Potter was the original voice actor for Gambit and Tony Daniels replaced him in the last season (Daniels has been touring with Zann..I read an article lately where they misidentified him as Potter). Potter still has an active acting career so I'm assuming that might be the reason he's not into it.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 06-09-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Actually Chris Potter was the original voice actor for Gambit and Tony Daniels replaced him in the last season (Daniels has been touring with Zann..I read an article lately where they misidentified him as Potter). Potter still has an active acting career so I'm assuming that might be the reason he's not into it.
    Ah, crap. Yeah sorry! I mixed them up. I was really disappointed the Gambit section of the book didn't have anything from him since he spent the most time with the character. Lenore Zann is a lot of fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    Yep, Gambit and Rogue duo artwork does seem to get more likes and attention on sites like tumblr, instagram, and other sites with artwork. They seem to still have a big fanbase that's for sure, even if very little of it buys and reads the current comics.

X-Men #1 actually came out a year before the XTAS, and I think he was very popular even before the animated series. But I do think XTAS probably cemented his place as a mainstay on the team and is probably the main reason he stayed on as a main cast member for as long as he did(especially with the amount of writers that seem to dislike him).

It does seem though like the first voice actor for Gambit didn't maintain a long or close relationship with the rest of the cast or producers. He wasn't available to interview for the book apparently.
    I hate to hear that. He was the best! So much better than the second one.

Ha, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

Well, I think one thing about a new TAS they're going have to update is that I don't think dear Carol is still going to be left a vegetable after her encounter with Rogue. Carol today is in a much different state than she was in 1995.