Page 111 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2671

I liked the series a lot. Though the art, exspecially drawing Rogue and Candra like they are kids, was a bit off.

The Xandra story was really great, also because the Imperial Guard was written in a great way as well (which usually does not happen a lot, except before during War of Kings). Also liked the Mojo story, the last was was okay, but not great.

Sad to see it end and also sad there is no confirmation either of them will appear in HoX or PoX, so we might need to wait at least half a year to read more on Mr. & Mrs. X.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    In my head, I always had Gambit 2-3 years older than Rogue. Rogue and Iceman are the same age, Cannonball a little younger. Gambit slightly younger than Storm, Cyclops and Jean.
    I see it that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I liked the series a lot. Though the art, exspecially drawing Rogue and Candra like they are kids, was a bit off.

The Xandra story was really great, also because the Imperial Guard was written in a great way as well (which usually does not happen a lot, except before during War of Kings). Also liked the Mojo story, the last was was okay, but not great.

Sad to see it end and also sad there is no confirmation either of them will appear in HoX or PoX, so we might need to wait at least half a year to read more on Mr. & Mrs. X.
    Forgot about Xandra. Interesting if she will be used again agter HOX POX.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Okay fam.

Yes, yes, I KNOW the topic of AGE is a heavy and headache inducing one, for sure.
    But I'm curious, how folks view Remy and Rogue and their age gap (if any).

I've always pegged Rogue as being a younger X-woman. She and Bobby and Sam are such solid buds, and she was a teen when she originally joined if I'm not mistaken. So I always thought those 3 were in the same age bracket, give or take a year.
    I've always believed Remy was older than Rogue. 2-3 years I suppose. How do other fans feel?

I didn’t know Rogue and Bobby were close in age; I’ve always thought Bobby was closer in age to the o5. Rogue was only 17-18 when she joined and the rest were significantly older (other than Kitty and Piotr).

If we’re going by canon, the panel of Rogue taking Remy flying while she was temporarily blind had Beast commenting on how carefree him and the o5 used to be at their age. And Rogue was college-age at most when the two first met based on her comments in the bar in X-Men #45 about how other kids her age were still in school and having fun as opposed to her. Given all that, I’ll say at the point of their early relationship, Rogue was probably 21/22 and Remy maybe 2 or 3 years older since theyre both close in age.
    Last edited by rogueisbae; 07-02-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Yeah I always thought that was part of why she and Bobby gravitated toward each other and became close.
    Bobby is the youngest of the O5 -- in my mind, significantly so. I thought he was 2 years younger than the rest, so, like 14 while the others were 16+ but I guess that's all just my own perception. Funny how we interpret these things. haha

Astonishing Member

Bobby was the youngest of the 05, but still part of the 05, seasons he would have to be older than, but probably not by too much and he usually acts younger anyway, lol. And the scene rogueisbae mentioned, she says she’s college age and Bobby had already graduated from college (he was like a CPA or something right?)

Like most everyone else, my impression was that gambit was a few years older but not by much. But they could actually be the same age and gambit just seems a litttle older because he’s had a hard life.

Yeah, I always read Gambit as a little older, like 2-4 years maybe.

I know one fan who reads him as MUCH older, like 10 years. But I feel like 4 at most.

Though I don't know that he even knows his actual birthday.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, I always read Gambit as a little older, like 2-4 years maybe.

I know one fan who reads him as MUCH older, like 10 years. But I feel like 4 at most.

To be fair, some artists made him look kind of older back in the day haha heck, even Cheung made him look like he's in his 40s on the Astonishing X-Men #1 cover
    Make Good Art

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    10?! Goddamn.

I’ve always assumed they’re roughly around the same age thanks to the mutant massacre timeline. Gambit would have been like 20 about when that went down because he was working with Sinister thanks to the brain surgery to keep Gambit’s powers in check. Belladonna knew about his issues with power control (whatever issue has those two trapped under ruble) so it’s not like Gambit could have been on his own for long until he ran into Sinister after being kicked out of NOLA at 18 - like, otherwise logically Prof X would been aware of Gambit & his omega level if it was really that hard to control so like Sinister would have had to get to him quickly. The timeline is not really defined outside of a few things before Gambit ran into Storm(y) but he had brain surgery, worked a bit for Sinister and then told him to fuck off after the MM. At that point he goes rogue a bit stealing, lived in France for a hot minute and is stealing down the eastern coast of the United States when he runs into Storm. In the early/mid 90s issues, a number of the characters call Gambit “kid” so... IDK, i’ve always just placed him roughly around Rogue’s age give or take a year.

I agree up thread that he has lived a hard life, homeless for the first 10 years so he’s bound to act older than he is.

Jean Luc stole him from the hospital when he was born so at least he know... not sure if he ever told Gambit.

Incredible Member

Jdw and KT recently said they are probably around 24-26 now. That feels rightish considering the X-Men timeline. I always viewed them the same age or he might be like a year older.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Jdw and KT recently said they are probably around 24-26 now. That feels rightish considering the X-Men timeline. I always viewed them the same age or he might be like a year older.
    24 - 26 works for me.

I head canon that Rogue is 25 and Gambit 27...so not so far off after all.

Andy Kubert's Gambit always looked older to me, but yeah I don't put him too much older than Rogue. Peach, I am impressed with your very logical analysis!

Speaking of Gambit's birthday, do you think we'll ever find out the truth of his parentage? Will it turn out to follow The End series or no? Will we learn more about the Black Womb project? Is the whole Summers brother theory finally put to rest? How much does Jean-Luc know that he never told Remy?

And does anyone else ever get confused trying to remember which story points are true 616, AU, ATL, or fanfic?!?

It would be fun to do a series of fanon versus canon questions to research. For instance, my head canon is that Gambit has enhanced night vision and I swear I read it somewhere. But is this actual canon or just fanon?

BANNED

Gambit has to be like 5 or 6 yrs older than Rogue

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I head canon that Rogue is 25 and Gambit 27...so not so far off after all.
    It is weird. Jean. Cyclops and Emma are 27 and they feel older than Gambit. He should be 25 and she 23