Page 112 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2671
    Incredible Member

It’s so hard...and then when fanon leaks over into canon and we officially get Remy Etienne Lebeau.

As far as Gambit parentage, I’m mixed. If we can get a really good story that is thoughtful then let’s do it, otherwise I prefer the mystery at this point. And if we ever get some Romy offspring, I think it’s prefer the reveal happen after that. If I’m remembering correctly Jean-Luc either knows more or at least had something destroyed that would have possible revealed it? From the Fabnic run? Am I making up some Fanon? Guess I’ll spend some post-kids bedtime on Marvel Unlimited.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Peach, I am impressed with your very logical analysis!
    Haha! And all without a pie chart

Speaking of Gambit's birthday, do you think we'll ever find out the truth of his parentage? Will it turn out to follow The End series or no? Will we learn more about the Black Womb project? Is the whole Summers brother theory finally put to rest? How much does Jean-Luc know that he never told Remy?
    Please god no not The End. I hate, hate, HAAAAATE the idea of Gambit being a generic test experiment, especially half Sinister & half Summers. Like while Sinister has been amused by Gambit, it’s never been for the genetic obsession he’s got for Jean or Cyclops. I’ve read the entire first Gambit ongoing and still don’t understand the whole black womb plot was all about.

As far as I’m remembering, Jean Luc only knew to steal Gambit from the hospital after he was born. I’m not sure what he really knew outside of what’s-his-name wanted Gambit for his eyes & seemed worth keeping. I don’t recall it was ever stated Jean Luc knew why. With Gambit’s parents, he was abandoned and Jean Luc destroyed a six month gap worth of birth records (oh god, that does means Gambit doesn’t know his own birthday) so he was covering up something I suppose. Could be a pretty interesting story but please no generic gene splicing. Gambit’s been abandoned by EVERYONE so part of me hopes his mother was forced to leave him beyond her control so his abandonment issues could heal a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is weird. Jean. Cyclops and Emma are 27 and they feel older than Gambit. He should be 25 and she 23
    I always think the X-men are older than they actually are...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post

Please god no not The End. I hate, hate, HAAAAATE the idea of Gambit being a generic test experiment, especially half Sinister & half Summers. Like while Sinister has been amused by Gambit, it’s never been for the genetic obsession he’s got for Jean or Cyclops. I’ve read the entire first Gambit ongoing and still don’t understand the whole black womb plot was all about.

As far as I’m remembering, Jean Luc only knew to steal Gambit from the hospital after he was born. I’m not sure what he really knew outside of what’s-his-name wanted Gambit for his eyes & seemed worth keeping. I don’t recall it was ever stated Jean Luc knew why. With Gambit’s parents, he was abandoned and Jean Luc destroyed a six month gap worth of birth records (oh god, that does means Gambit doesn’t know his own birthday) so he was covering up something I suppose. Could be a pretty interesting story but please no generic gene splicing. Gambit’s been abandoned by EVERYONE so part of me hopes his mother was forced to leave him beyond her control so his abandonment issues could heal a little more.
    Same! No third Summers brother, please. None of that clone nonsense.
    That's actually a great point. It would add to his tragic origins if he could have had a normal childhood. That's about all I would want to know about his birth family, though. There's something to be said about having a mysterious origin...unless it can be well written, I guess. Look at Rogue. They explained her origin...and it wasn't good. I wish they would just retcon it already.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I LOVE both pie and charts ... so what I'm saying is I wouldn't turn it down! LOL

Yeah, I'm torn on this one. It's interesting to have him have a connection to Sinister because it sort of explains his unusual interest in Gambit. Though Gambit having visited him in the past is truthfully probably enough reason. I didn't like him being directly related to Sinister, at least not his clone. And I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one scratching my head over that whole Black Womb subplot! Though I did like what Ludi did with it in her House of Cards fic. But there is something about his feeling of rejection and abandonment over being born a visible mutant that really enriches his backstory for me and makes him feel more connected to the theme of X-Men. Often he's a character that seems unburdened by being a mutant to a casual observer. But his backstory is pretty sad - abandoned, caught up in human trafficking, a street kid and really, let's face it ... kind of a gang member? Well recruited into organized crime anyway. Plus that whole phase when he didn't have control and served a villian. The fact that Remy IS still heroic despite all that is what I love about him. Always wanted to see him bond with Rogue over her power control issue more, though now we know why he didn't bring it up at the time.

And you KNOW Jean-Luc read those records! Also it must be something major to be worth hiding.

I would love to see this answered and yet ... yeah, don't want it totally bungled. The mystery is better than a bad answer for sure. But if they do have kids some day, it seems like the kind of thing Remy would want answered for himself. Is there a mutant version of Ancestry.com or 23 and me? LOL

Incredible Member

And you KNOW Jean-Luc read those records! Also it must be something major to be worth hiding.

I would love to see this answered and yet ... yeah, don't want it totally bungled. The mystery is better than a bad answer for sure. But if they do have kids some day, it seems like the kind of thing Remy would want answered for himself. Is there a mutant version of Ancestry.com or 23 and me? LOL
    Sinister does....kind of.
    CE35EFF6-6AA1-428C-B218-02DBF19BCA46.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Ohhh, that's right!!! Plot twist!

Actually ... I kind of love the idea of Sinister infiltrating a huge commercial genetic biobank! So topical!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is weird. Jean. Cyclops and Emma are 27 and they feel older than Gambit. He should be 25 and she 23
    Emma isnt 27...lol

Incredible Member

Yes! Or just starting his own. Some gimmicky name like DN-U. Getting excited because he found a new shipping option that will reduce the cost by 5 cents each.

So I didn’t get to go through everything but I think these panels were what I was thinking of regarding Jean-Luc.

E6A0D570-A22E-45AA-AA25-376D8957B070.jpg
    5065B398-C92D-472C-A489-DFCE12F523C4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Yes! Or just starting his own. Some gimmicky name like DN-U. Getting excited because he found a new shipping option that will reduce the cost by 5 cents each.

So I didn’t get to go through everything but I think these panels were what I was thinking of regarding Jean-Luc.
    LOL! But seriously, how creepy would that be? Sinister posing as one of these DNA companies, secretly using that genetic material to clone individuals. He's been cloning the Marauders for years anyway, why not widen the net?

So the bloodbath still continues in Uncanny, thank god Gambit and Rogue were not part of that book or they could be dead by now.

Andy Kubert's Gambit always looked older to me, but yeah I don't put him too much older than Rogue. Peach, I am impressed with your very logical analysis!

Speaking of Gambit's birthday, do you think we'll ever find out the truth of his parentage? Will it turn out to follow The End series or no? Will we learn more about the Black Womb project? Is the whole Summers brother theory finally put to rest? How much does Jean-Luc know that he never told Remy?

And does anyone else ever get confused trying to remember which story points are true 616, AU, ATL, or fanfic?!?

It would be fun to do a series of fanon versus canon questions to research. For instance, my head canon is that Gambit has enhanced night vision and I swear I read it somewhere. But is this actual canon or just fanon?

Vulcan is the third Summers brother, unless it was retconned...?

Gambit's parentage? I'm all for a reveal under the right writer, but then again, Nightcrawler's origin story was awful, Rogue's wasn't good either (the hippies). Gambit's 'The End' reveal was not well received...

Incredible Member

Yikes! I haven’t been reading Uncanny so I’m sure I don’t even know about all of them and it still seems like a lot.

Speaking of Sinister and Uncanny, the story where Sinister had the entire city full of clones of himself and weaponized Gambits and other X-Men (Cannonballs and Colossus/Colossi? If I remember right?) is still one of my all time favorite issues. But yeah, I could see him fully jumping on the spit-in-box DNA trend.

As far as I know Vulcan is still the third brother....but I also wouldn’t be surprised if that’s retconned or just completely ignored. Not to make Gambit the brother but just because I don’t think the story took off as being very important.

Wow, you weren't kidding about UXM! I wonder if there was a specific need/plan to "clear the board" so to speak by Hickman or otherwise prior to HoX/PoX? Because so many minor characters are getting axed!

Seriously, they have been in good hands with Kelly.

Yeah, I know Vulcan was the official reveal. Though it doesn't actually rule Remy out considering no one but that sneaky Jean-Luc knows his parentage. Though I bet Sinister also DOES know because he had all the mutant DNA already cataloged! So he probably isn't a Summers since Sinister isn't trying to use him for breeding experiments ... probably. Yeah, that's a plot point I need. Sinister secretly owns 23&me.

Is there any idea on how long before we could see these two back in the team books? I haven't been keeping up with the team books, and Mr. & Mrs. X was the only comic I have been picking up for the past 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Is there any idea on how long before we could see these two back in the team books? I haven't been keeping up with the team books, and Mr. & Mrs. X was the only comic I have been picking up for the past 6 months.
    So far they haven't appear in any HOX or POX teasers and haven't been mentioned either. So most probably we will have to wait for the new books that start after those mini-series are over, we'll know more after SDCC.