Page 113 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2671
    Spectacular Member

a year ago someone posted a "Gambit and Rouge Louisiana Woman Mississippi man" music vid on Utube if anyone wants to look. She did a great job matching the lipsync to the song, with XTAS's Romy!

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Is there any idea on how long before we could see these two back in the team books? I haven't been keeping up with the team books, and Mr. & Mrs. X was the only comic I have been picking up for the past 6 months.
    Probably their new book will lunch on October, November or December.

For those like myself not lucky enough to have a hard copy of UXM #266 (Gambit's 1st appearance) or that just want a digital copy, it's free today on Comixology!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    For those like myself not lucky enough to have a hard copy of UXM #266 (Gambit's 1st appearance) or that just want a digital copy, it's free today on Comixology!
    I actually ordered the hard copy last week, it'll be in my hands within a few days.
    Funny thing is that #267 was a far better issue with Jim Lee's art.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Oh hell yeah! Thanks Apple!! Any other free issues of interest?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I actually ordered the hard copy last week, it'll be in my hands within a few days.
    Funny thing is that #267 was a far better issue with Jim Lee's art.
    Agreed. I also love the cover for that issue. The colors on it are really cool
    Make Good Art

Peach-There were a few others, though I didn't get a look at them. My internet connection is bad today. Though free is free! There is a new thread on X-books listing them out.

Sparta - Agree! #267 really fleshed him out better and had better art. May I ask, how much did you pay for #266? I know it's a rare find.

I have one of those collection books, X-Men firsts, which includes #266. But nothing beats the original!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 07-08-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Peach-There were a few others, though I didn't get a look at them. My internet connection is bad today. Though free is free! There is a new thread on X-books listing them out.

Sparta - Agree! #267 really fleshed him out better and had better art. May I ask, how much did you pay for #266? I know it's a rare find.

I have one of those collection books, X-Men firsts, which includes #266. But nothing beats the original!

$79 USD from MyComicShop in 'Very Good' condition.
    I wouldn't say it's impossible to get, Mile High had 60% off about a month ago and had copies available. They have these sales a couple of times a year.

Incredible Member

Thanks for the tip! My parents bought me a copy that I still have for $40 back in the mid-90s as a birthday present and it’s still one of my favorite gifts.

I’m on vacation in the land of spotty coverage, but while I’m enjoying some WiFi I’ll share another one of my favorite panels from the r&g/mmx run since it’s Monday and I’m still in mourning for the real X-men Monday posts.

55201E41-3F0A-41DA-855E-330961472071.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Thanks for the tip! My parents bought me a copy that I still have for $40 back in the mid-90s as a birthday present and it’s still one of my favorite gifts.

I’m on vacation in the land of spotty coverage, but while I’m enjoying some WiFi I’ll share another one of my favorite panels from the r&g/mmx run since it’s Monday and I’m still in mourning for the real X-men Monday posts.

55201E41-3F0A-41DA-855E-330961472071.jpg
    Ahhh, I love that moment. It was a great way to work the rings back into the story since XM 30 happened too fast to do them. And it really showcased that side of Gambit that is pure gold.

And thanks for the info, Sparta! That's a good chunk of change!

Ok so, after reading the recent UXM #21 ... besides Remy and now Emma, has anyone else ever gone under Sinister's knife for brain surgery and lived to tell the tale?

Are there any good Romy/Rambit fanfics other than what is on fanfiction.net and archiveofourown?

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Are there any good Romy/Rambit fanfics other than what is on fanfiction.net and archiveofourown?
    Those are really the main ones I know of. And there were a few new additions this week. Shorter stories, but good. Otherwise I think there were a few on GambitGuild, though some of those probably overlap with Ao3 and FF.net. Otherwise there are a few live journal writers out there too.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Ok so, after reading the recent UXM #21 ... besides Remy and now Emma, has anyone else ever gone under Sinister's knife for brain surgery and lived to tell the tale?
    No one else as far as I recall. When he had Rogue while she was in a coma, he pretty much strapped an electrode to her head, threw her in an Easy Boy and shrugged all ‘my work here is done - she’s totes gonna die.’

Wait!! He did on Threnody! He got her powers under control as she was a danger to everyone around her, did some brain stuff and stuck thingies on her head to keep her powers in check. Then Maddie ripped them out killing her - oops.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    No one else as far as I recall. When he had Rogue while she was in a coma, he pretty much strapped an electrode to her head, threw her in an Easy Boy and shrugged all ‘my work here is done - she’s totes gonna die.’

Wait!! He did on Threnody! He got her powers under control as she was a danger to everyone around her, did some brain stuff and stuck thingies on her head to keep her powers in check. Then Maddie ripped them out killing her - oops.
    Oooohhhh, interesting. I've never read that one! You know Threnody always seemed like a character with a lot of great potential both as an sympathetic antagonist. Plus she had a great effect. Too bad her power set was so specific to the Legacy virus. But she was brought back recently, right? I really should read up on the character.

CBR put up an article about the top 10 Rogue stories.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-important-rogue-stories/