Page 115 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Hmmm. KT has a big new marvel project that will be announced this month but it seems that Rogue and Gambit won`t be there.
    Her post is clearly shows that she is not writing them now. I think at least first issues of wave 1 new books are already drawn.
    Reading some of Kelly's replies in twitter she said that in her new book "Jeff the landshark" will be showing up, I really doubt Rogue and Gambit will be a part of a book with "Jeff the landshark". At this point I am 99% certain that she won't be writing them.

Incredible Member

I know she “found” a spot for Jeff the landshark...so I’m not sure if that is a indicator of the project? Since his last/maybe current “owner” is in her own mini-series. Not that I’m convinced that KT is definitely writing Gambit and Rogue, but Jeff could still end up in an X-book through Quire? So who knows. I’m just ready for more info! JDW mentioned that he was looking at the cover with Rogue and Psylocke both on it recently, right? But then a few days later that x-women variant cover for HOX (or POX, I forget) so that could have been what he was teasing. Moar info soon plz!

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Reading some of Kelly's replies in twitter she said that in her new book "Jeff the landshark" will be showing up, I really doubt Rogue and Gambit will be a part of a book with "Jeff the landshark". At this point I am 99% certain that she won't be writing them.
    Yeah and I'm afraid she has noted on Tumblr she won't be writing them anytime soon.

*Sigh*

*CRIES*

*CURLS UP INTO A LITTLE BALL ON THE FLOOR*
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Thrilled that Jeff the Landshark is gonna appear somewhere though, thanks for sharing that!

Also, it's only two issues in, so there's only hints of romantic potential*, but the Black Cat series is filling my need for sass, comedy & action, so people here might enjoy it.

*She did have a partner hinted at in Amazing Spider-Man previously...

EDIT: Forgot to say, it has the NYC chapter of the Thieves Guild featuring prominently, also building out of Spidey.
    Last edited by Jumpyshark; 07-12-2019 at 02:14 PM.

I'm just gonna lay here and mope and read some more fanfic. Blaahhhhh ...

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Do you guys think they're maybe doing some kind of big move around? Like the writers on other Marvel teams such as Avengers or Deadpool or Star Wars etc being moved onto X-books and vice versa? Though really I suppose several writers cover multiple areas already. But a lot of the current X-writers have had announcements for other Marvel projects recently like Star Wars, Gwenpool, Ghost Spider.

So would they pull an Eve Ewing or Donny Cates into an X-book for instance? I do love Marjorie Lui, but I thought she only had her Indie book now? Does she still work for Marvel? And yeah, she wasn't into Romy at all anyway. Pity! I could also really go for a Tom Taylor team book again. Does Donny Cates like Gambit and Rogue or just crazy ideas? Vita and Leah are both excellent ... but do they Romy? I have doubts. Ed and Matt also seem like a no for them also. Dunno, I'm coming up blank.

Le sigh ... can't we just keep Kelly? She deserves and X-book!
    Wasn't he the one who gave the idea of ​​marrying Rogue and Gambit? Or am I confusing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    Wasn't he the one who gave the idea of ​​marrying Rogue and Gambit? Or am I confusing?
    He is! Hence my wondering if he'd actually like writing them. I haven't actually read his work, but I hear good things.

He is! Hence my wondering if he'd actually like writing them. I haven't actually read his work, but I hear good things.
    I think he probably likes them or at least he doesn't hate them, because I can't imagine someone that hates the couple suggesting they get married.

His Guardians are great and I am not even a fan of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    His Guardians are great and I am not even a fan of characters.
    I have heard his run of Venom is amazing too, but I've never been into Venom or really even Spiderman for that matter so I haven't tried it. But maybe now's the time?

I really don't see them being in Hickman's ongoing book. I'm trying to think of other Marvel writers on other books ... Pretty sure Gail Simone is a no on Romy. LOL Christina Strain? Jim Zub? I feel like they are less likely to want to write them. And I'm gonna say please but no thank you on more Charles Soule. Ed Brisson would do well, but pretty sure he doesn't like Gambit.

Who am I not thinking of ... ?

If we can't have Kelly, right now I'm leaning toward hoping for Tom Taylor or Vita Ayala or Leah Williams or Donny Cates.

All I DO know is that this wait is already killing me.

Incredible Member

I’ll pass on Zub too. He tried to pick up on the weird Rogue/Human Torch thing no one was asking for. I don’t know why, but I also feel he’s better suited for non-x books. (Not that I even know for sure that Gambit and Rogue will definitely be in an X-book of course)

I did like Jeremy Whitley’s one shot with Laura and Gambit. He could be fun.
    Last edited by Couplest; 07-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I’ll pass on Zub too. He tried to pick up on the weird Rogue/Human Torch thing no one was asking for. I don’t know why, but I also feel he’s better suited for non-x books. (Not that I even know for sure that Gambit and Rogue will definitely be in an X-book of course)

I did like Jeremy Whitley’s one shot with Laura and Gambit. He could be fun.
    Yeah, I tend to agree on Zub. Not that he's bad or anything, but most of his stuff just didn't grab me. His work feels more plot driven than character driven to me, maybe?

Is Whitley still writing for Marvel? I basically know no one's work outside of the X-books well, except Brian K. Vaughn. Mmmmm ... Saga ...

Anywho ... I keep wondering if Rogue and Gambit will at least cameo in AoXM Omega or UXM #22 or at least SOMEWHERE in HoX or PoX?! Because it really seems like we should see them meet up with everyone at some point if they're looking for Scott and Logan.

And I really kind of want to see that reunion, especially between them and Logan! And what their reaction is to them being married.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

I basically know no one's work outside of the X-books well, except Brian K. Vaughn. Mmmmm ... Saga ...
    Same. And we’re now without Gambit & Rogue and Saga - the pain is real. All I need for the perfect stomach punch would be Runaways getting canceled at this point. I’d officially be out of things to read.

I’ve read the first couple issues of Black Cat’s new series (the NY branch of the thieves guild are a sub plot), it’s not really that well written. Although she’s got a house full of cats now randomly, and beating Gambit & Rogue with four of ‘em. Who knows, maybe she’s the one taking care of G&R’s when they’re away on business.
    Anywho ... I keep wondering if Rogue and Gambit will at least cameo in AoXM Omega or UXM #22 or at least SOMEWHERE in HoX or PoX?! Because it really seems like we should see them meet up with everyone at some point if they're looking for Scott and Logan.
    At this point, I want them to waltz up towards the very end of AoXM after everyone else has been reunited consuming like Wendy’s Frosties all “Hey y’all.”

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Same. And we’re now without Gambit & Rogue and Saga - the pain is real. All I need for the perfect stomach punch would be Runaways getting canceled at this point. I’d officially be out of things to read.
    I really need to try out Runaways! I had been avoiding because I didn't want to spoil the plot for the HBO series. But in this Romy desert, it may get desperate.

At this point, I want them to waltz up towards the very end of AoXM after everyone else has been reunited consuming like Wendy’s Frosties all “Hey y’all.”
    Haha, YAAASSS!!!

Incredible Member

Whitley is still getting Marvel projects like the Future Foundation that started/is starting soon?

And runaways is so good! I’m behind, but just finished issue 17.

I want to see a reunion too! It’s still a little weird to me that they couldn’t reach anyone at all at the end of mmx. I’m hoping we get some answers this week or next weekend. Pretty please, Marvel!