Page 122 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Duggan would be great for Rogue since he can write her very well, but on the other hand, I'm not very optimistic in regards to Gambit (considering how he treated Gambit fans in the past) and their marriage (if I remember correctly he once said he like them as a "will they or won't they" relationship and not as an official couple).
    How did he treat Gambit fans? I thought his Gambit was fun when he appeared in UA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    How did he treat Gambit fans? I thought his Gambit was fun when he appeared in UA.
    He repeatedly told and teased Gambit fans that he would appear later on UA to help in the fight against Red skull but he never did. So much so, that in the Gambit thread we coined the term "get dugganed" that applies to when a writer makes promises about Gambit but doesn't deliver.

Also a Romy fan made him some kind of question regarding Romy and he told that said fan would be happy with the upcoming issue of UA and in that issue Rogue ends up kissing Deadpool.

I really want to think he has a weird sense of humor and likes to troll fans a bit in twitter and not that he hates Gambit and/or Romy.

Incredible Member

Most fans were annoyed because he seemed to keep teasing that Gambit would be involved again, even posting the shaded rogue and Deadpool kiss that looked more like Gambit than it did Deadpool. He later said that he wanted to include Gambit again but didn’t have room after the fact which felt kind of disingenuous since there were so many teases in the book and twitter...that’s where the phrase “being dugganed” came from.

I like some of his writing, but after all that many fans would have to be “won” over to trust him. Also, I personally didn’t like the Rogue/Deadpool thing because once again a male writer was pushing Rogue on his favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    He repeatedly told and teased Gambit fans that he would appear later on UA to help in the fight against Red skull but he never did. So much so, that in the Gambit thread we coined the term "get dugganed" that applies to when a writer makes promises about Gambit but doesn't deliver.

Also a Romy fan made him some kind of question regarding Romy and he told that said fan would be happy with the upcoming issue of UA and in that issue Rogue ends up kissing Deadpool.

I really want to think he has a weird sense of humor and likes to troll fans a bit in twitter and not that he hates Gambit and/or Romy.
    Great summary. Got dugganed too.
    Duggan answered me in a thread that Gambit offered his axe to help in UA to defeat Red Skull so he will help. Never happend.

Duggan is a fine writer. Just won't trust him to write Gambit or Romy. He is a good choice for Rogue.

Yeah, I trust Duggan with Rogue but not Remy. It’s hard finding a writer who appreciates both.

Also, I know we don’t want to talk about them breaking up or getting with other people under a new writer’s pen but it has got me thinking—if they were to get separated (knock on the hardest wood!!!), who (amongst the X-Men since we’re assuming that they’ll land in an X-Book) could you possibly see them getting paired up with instead? I hate the idea obviously but I think it’s interesting that, outside of M*gneto and to a smaller extent, Cecelia Reyes, neither Rogue nor Remy had ever been hinted at a romantic attraction towards another X-Man. It’s almost comforting, in a way, to know that they are very unlikely to ever get with another X-Man? It seems that the only way for them to get paired with someone else is to have them be in a non-X-book (which seems unlikely at the moment so yay!)

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Yeah, I trust Duggan with Rogue but not Remy. It’s hard finding a writer who appreciates both.

Also, I know we don’t want to talk about them breaking up or getting with other people under a new writer’s pen but it has got me thinking—if they were to get separated (knock on the hardest wood!!!), who (amongst the X-Men since we’re assuming that they’ll land in an X-Book) could you possibly see them getting paired up with instead? I hate the idea obviously but I think it’s interesting that, outside of M*gneto and to a smaller extent, Cecelia Reyes, neither Rogue nor Remy had ever been hinted at a romantic attraction towards another X-Man. It’s almost comforting, in a way, to know that they are very unlikely to ever get with another X-Man? It seems that the only way for them to get paired with someone else is to have them be in a non-X-book (which seems unlikely at the moment so yay!)
    With Remy, there was Polaris in ANXF, but that was dropped pretty quickly.
    Make Good Art

I am sure that they will stay together.

I liked Remy and Cecilia. And what happened to Frenzy? She vanished.

Re: Rogue, I've always enjoyed her relationship with Sam, but he's married with kids now lol. Rogue and Roberto could be interesting (Berto has the hots for her).

But honestly, even if Romy get separated, they'll always be a will they/won't they couple. And I actually think they could have a fun dynamic ala Hawkeye and Mockingbird.

Is that art Pepe Larraz or Kim Jacinto?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is that art Pepe Larraz or Kim Jacinto?
    Larraz from Uncanny Avengers.

So some people have cracked the code that jdw posted for the dawn of x books. Of the six, which ones do you think Romy will end up in?

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

So the Phase One titles have dropped:
    XMEN
    MARAUDERS
    EXCALIBUR
    XFORCE
    NEW MUTANTS
    FALLEN ANGELS

Guesses where they’ll end up?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    So some people have cracked the code that jdw posted for the dawn of x books. Of the six, which ones do you think Romy will end up in?
    X-Force or Fallen Angels. It's a team that neither of them have been a part of, they've both been X-Men, Remy has been a Marauder, and New Mutants really doesn't make sense for them. So...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I mostly like the way Duggan writes Rogue, but I don't trust her with him. He likes her too much not to do self-insert-fanfic pairings (the character I love and understand the most will be perfect for her!). Marjorie Liu almost did it to Gambit with Cecilia but couldn't be bothered to follow it through.I'm done reading that shit even if they're otherwise a good writer.

I'd take Duggan if editorial had him (and whoever's writing Kitty) do aversion therapy.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 07-19-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    X-Force or Fallen Angels. It's a team that neither of them have been a part of, they've both been X-Men, Remy has been a Marauder, and New Mutants really doesn't make sense for them. So...
    They could be in Excalibur? I could possibly see Remy being in X-Force but Rogue? Not so much. Also, was there a post in Xmen Monday that I missed about them being on the same team as Betsy? Because if it is true, I could see her being in Excalibur or X-Force as well.

I feel like Fallen Angels could either be about some of the characters Rosenberg killed off or a team made up of less popular X-Men.

We know that X-Men, New Mutants and Marauders (sounds like team book of villains?) are definitely out though.
    Last edited by rogueisbae; 07-19-2019 at 04:43 PM.