Page 123 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2671
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I totally forgot about Excalibur! It's possible, but I dunno. The only thing I remember about them is that they're not supposed to be in a team they've been in before.

I think that Rogue could be on an X-Force team as long as it isn't explicitly a kill squad. Something like Cable's team from the 90s would work.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I mostly like the way Duggan writes Rogue, but I don't trust her with him. He likes her too much not to do self-insert-fanfic pairings (the character I love and understand the most will be perfect for her!). Marjorie Liu almost did it to Gambit with Cecilia but couldn't be bothered to follow it through.I'm done reading that **** even if they're otherwise a good writer.

I'd take Duggan if editorial had him (and whoever's writing Kitty) do aversion therapy.
    Marjorie HATES Romy. She said it out loud on an online interview. She wanted to do Gambit and Cecilia but the editors (who weren't even that Pro Romy the way it is today) blocked it.

I say, Romy is staying, why make all that effort to get them reunited and only the third Xcouple to marry in the last 28 years? It wasn't working with Romy apart (especially on Remy's side with him trying to other babes (hookers? random boss's wife? flirting with Polaris? and me not caring about Rogue and other folks)...look at today, the potential couples with Rogue didn't lift off and nobody on social media is bemoaning that loss the way Romy fans have done the last decade.

Spectacular Member

Also thanks to the poster that identified that Romy pic for me. I'm still hunting the source of the Romy panels from that Tumblr post I saw and lost. ARGH!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    So the Phase One titles have dropped:
    XMEN
    MARAUDERS
    EXCALIBUR
    XFORCE
    NEW MUTANTS
    FALLEN ANGELS

Guesses where they’ll end up?
    That was some impressive puzzle work!
    F32B4763-201B-4C93-ADDF-A54B911A45BC.jpg
    0BB60E78-06C8-4F8F-9D95-123D63FC3AF9.jpg

I think I might be leaning Excalibur. Would love to see some interaction between Gambit and Pete Wisdom again.

So the Phase One titles have dropped:
    XMEN
    MARAUDERS
    EXCALIBUR
    XFORCE
    NEW MUTANTS
    FALLEN ANGELS

Guesses where they’ll end up?
    Assuming these are correct ...

I still could see them on X-Force, especially if New Mutants claims most of the usual suspects. If it's a mission based strike team, but not a kill team, it could work. Both are powerhouses who would excel at this. Rogue could lend her leadership command. Remy would be invaluable for stealth missions.

I think Excalibur seems less likely somehow only because since the book has been gone so long I tend to imagine it might look more like the classic team when they restart it. Buuttttt, could still work ... I imagine it would include Betsy, Kitty, Kurt, Meggan, Captain Britain ... ? Could be fun.

Fallen Angels ... now that's ... interesting. As in that whole deal with the lobsters? Seriously I never read Fallen Angels and wouldn't know where to start guessing. Seems like a wild card possibility. I need to investigate further.

X-Men is a clear no and New Mutants also makes no sense. And I REALLY hope Marauders is a clear no too. It is, it is ...yes ... (rocking in fetal position).

I kinda hope it's not Duggan writing them. Good as he would be to Rogue, I just have reservations about how he would treat Remy. And they deserve a writer that loves them both. I mean I would give him a chance, but he's got a long way to go to earn my trust.

Huh, ok ... just wiki'd Fallen Angels, which was apparently a short run, misfit group including some New Mutant and X-Factor members. Seems interesting considering Bill the Lobster was pictured on the promo art for HoX/PoX. So that seems unlikely as well. I'm gonna guess X-Force as my #1 candidate.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Huh, ok ... just wiki'd Fallen Angels, which was apparently a short run, misfit group including some New Mutant and X-Factor members. Seems interesting considering Bill the Lobster was pictured on the promo art for HoX/PoX. So that seems unlikely as well. I'm gonna guess X-Force as my #1 candidate.
    I’d never even heard of this series until today. Seems like a weird launch since X-Force & New Mutants are also launching at the same time. It’s overkill of a lot of the X-Men branches I don’t personally care for.

I wonder if KT is getting on any of these series even if she doesn’t get Gambit & Rogue.

The only Fallen Angel series I read was the one from like 15 years ago written by PAD about a girl avenging things (I really only remember like her outfit and an issue had something to do with soccer?)

I hope they are on X-Force with such team:
    Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool.

We can cross off 'X-Men' and 'Marauders' ...and cross off 'New Mutants' unless they're mentoring a new wave of X-Kids, but I don't think so. Duggan has Emma in his team, and I still think he's the most likely writer for me. I also hear a rumour of Psylocke in a team with Rogue and Gambit...which could be either X-Force or Excalibur. Fallen Angels, I don't know much about.

I'll say X-Force by Duggan...but his inclusion of Emma is making me think differently. So I'm going to say X-Force (with Psylocke included), with a 50% chance of Duggan being the writer.

Incredible Member

I’d never even heard of this series until today. Seems like a weird launch since X-Force & New Mutants are also launching at the same time. It’s overkill of a lot of the X-Men branches I don’t personally care for.

I wonder if KT is getting on any of these series even if she doesn’t get Gambit & Rogue.

The only Fallen Angel series I read was the one from like 15 years ago written by PAD about a girl avenging things (I really only remember like her outfit and an issue had something to do with soccer?)
    Whether Gambit and Rogue are there or not, I feel like she might be getting Excalibur. She loves it (of course so does everyone) and although in a different way it can be a little lighter/fun than some other titles, similar to West Coast avengers so it’s something she could get away adding Jeff the landshark in somehow. She said it’s a mix of characters she has written and hasn’t written and we know the announcement was likely this month. So if she’s in this wave of X-books, that’s where I’m placing my bets.

Also since I made my Excalibur wish list, my X-Force wish list would actually be utilizing Gambit’s role with the thieves guild. Use your resources, X-people!
    Last edited by Couplest; 07-20-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Emma and Rogue in the same team will be precious :3

The true XFRIENDSHIP FOREVAH.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Are we considering that they may be in different teams?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    I believe it was said that they are together when we were told they were on a new team.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    Anything is possible, but JWD has stated recently they’d be on the same book together (one they’d never been a part of which is why we’re speculating like Excalibur or X-Force)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hope they are on X-Force with such team:
    Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool.
    That's a cool team but if Duggan is writing then please no Deadpool. I don't think my body is going to be able to withstand another love triangle.