Page 126 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2671

I'm tentatively excited about this. Excalibur seems like a weird place for R&G to go, but it could be fun. Kinda bummed Rogue's back in the 90s suit, I wanted her to ditch the hoodie, but not put back on another nostalgia suit.

marcus_to_s_gambit_colored_by_joeyvazquez_d2dpuf3-pre.jpg

This Gambit is listed on Deviant art as drawn by Marcus To (color by Joey Vazquez).
    Last edited by AppleJ; 07-20-2019 at 09:06 PM.

I'm pretty happy with this, they've got a really good artist, don't know much about the writer. She averages a rating of 7.8 on comic book roundup, which is a very good score. A lot of good reviews and Hickman hand picked her. Betsy is one of my very favourite characters, and Jubilee works well with Gambit. The line-up is small which is great news. It's doing well in that poll, so the community here seems excited by it.

With Apocalypse, it all depends on the context, they might have no choice but to work with him, a little bit like Sabretooth (Carey's run). Apocalypse is featured heavily in HoX/PoX, we'll find out more about that soon.

Overall the line-ups look interesting, the randomness reminds me of Age of Apocalypse a lot, you can tell Hickman was influenced by that.
    Last edited by Sparta; 07-20-2019 at 06:42 PM.

From a pic i've seen, both characters are stated to be in the "X-men" titles rotating roster.

As well as a lot of other characters but still a plus.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

From Tini’s Twitter account (responding to ‘how can you have an X-Men & magic storyline without any mutants who actually practice magic?):

This is a great point I was hoping would get brought up.

There have never been practicioners of mutant magic, before. It has never existed.

There are no previous users of this paradigm. You will witness a birth.

I've said too much.

O.o That's... interesting. It almost sounds like mutants are elves now? Born or something from a tree, possibly immortal, and practicing their own magicks?

Oh well, I am bit intrigued even though it sounds like a 180 from the 'next step in evolution' premise they've pushed for so long.

Incredible Member

I saw that tweet too and while I’m usually not too into magic....this sounds super interesting and I’m even more intrigued. I also don’t know much about otherworld, so I need to do some studying up!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They'll have to hire a housesitter - they can't take their cats with them, they'd be quarantined.
    Gambit and Rogue are 2 the most popular characters on this team. They must have a good roles.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 07-21-2019 at 01:39 AM.

Gambit's gonna teach the team card tricks. MAGIC!

Ahem. Rogue and Gambit look amazing, Remy & Jubes are great together, Betsy looks powerful AF, and Rictor is a good gay boi, so this is a hell of a team. Apocalypse is a hell of a wildcard! Britain being a magical realm has had surprisingly little play from Marvel since Captain Britain and MI:13, so that should be interesting if they include that, and Remy in the UK during Asmus' solo was rad, so heck yeah!

Tini Howard and Marcus To are such a great creative pair too, what a great get for Rambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit and Rogue are 2 the most popular characters on this team. They must have a good roles.
    My thoughts exactly.

I think I'm more excited about the art than the premise (magic, other worlds)...but I'm not jumping to conclusions yet. Wait and see and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I’m assuming Jubilee is taking Shogo along with her soooooo the possibility of Romy playing babysitters is just *chef’s kiss*.

But in all seriousness, I’m the most hyped for this book definitely. Aside from Romy, Betsy looks rad as fuck.
    Last edited by rogueisbae; 07-21-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Another bonus is how reasonable these team sizes are. 6 members means everyone should get their due.

I can't help but wonder how Apocalypse factors in and will Tini mention Remy's bad history with the villain? That's one of Gambit's darkest times of his life aside from the Mutant Massacre.

The whole magic thing is ... interesting. But hey, I'm ready to keep an open mind.

Incredible Member

Since Gambit and Rogue were not obvious characters for Excalibur (among others...cough...cough...apocalypse) it’s interesting to read this JDW’s Excalibur answer again from X-Men Monday 3. (Especially since this title was in the works by then.)
    083431E9-3454-476B-89C5-1E69FB30FAD0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I’m assuming Jubilee is taking Shogo along with her soooooo the possibility of Romy playing babysitters is just *chef’s kiss*.

But in all seriousness, I’m the most hyped for this book definitely. Aside from Romy, Betsy looks rad as fuck.
    A little Romy babysitting would be adorable! Didn't someone do fan art of this once? I can totally see Jubilee being all, "Here take him a few hours. I gotta run out!"

I also forget that Rogue and Betsy have an old and solid friendship that will be good to see explored again.

And I love that sassy pout that Asrar gave Rogue for the cover art.

It really would have been nice to get some line wide uniform revamps for this launch, though I suspect that there is a desire to make characters more instantly recognizable by keeping the uniforms old school. Maybe we'll see a rotation? I don't mind the green and gold though.

I really hope they will do an interview with Tini. I'm curious what the thoughts were that went into this team. Did she hand pick them all or get assigned a few? Are each of these characters fulfilling a type of role needed in their upcoming adventures? SO MANY QUESTIONS!