Page 129 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2671
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Literally same, except I was thinking Rogue birthing a child via mutant magic instead
    I mean, if Excalibur wants to get weird real quick, that’s how it’s done.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    No Gambit and Rogue in HOX but this book is mega awesome.
    Looking at the review thread, I’m clearly in the minority because I gave the book a big “meh” overall. I’m waiting for shit to go sideways.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Well, Tini did say we’ll witness a birth
    She said what now?!?

My lcs didn’t get the joemad variant so I had to order off midtown. So I have to wait longer for the awesomeness. I did buy the regular issue, but won’t get to read it until later.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    From Tini’s Twitter account (responding to ‘how can you have an X-Men & magic storyline without any mutants who actually practice magic?):

This is a great point I was hoping would get brought up.

There have never been practicioners of mutant magic, before. It has never existed.

There are no previous users of this paradigm. You will witness a birth.

I've said too much.

@Couplest here’s the post!

Incredible Member

Oh right! I forgot what the actual verbiage was! Time jumps, baby fever, “birth,” transitions...we are like Romy baby bloodhounds! No potential clue gets past us.
    C771161F-85D4-4D6E-AF59-3832A906F4CF.jpg
    Last edited by Couplest; 07-24-2019 at 02:17 PM. Reason: I forgot the photo which is the important part

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    She said what now?!?

My lcs didn’t get the joemad variant so I had to order off midtown. So I have to wait longer for the awesomeness. I did buy the regular issue, but won’t get to read it until later.
    Oh shoot I ordered mine from eBay since I knew my LCS wouldn’t get it. It’s shipping from Canada, eh.

How much was yours from Midtown?

Hey Peach... are you doing the BT podcast with Riley soon? It’s been rumored.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Oh right! I forgot what the actual verbiage was! Time jumps, baby fever, “birth,” transitions...we are like Romy baby bloodhounds! No potential clue gets past us.
    C771161F-85D4-4D6E-AF59-3832A906F4CF.jpg
    OMG. Are we going there? MMX is over and we're still talking baby fever, LOL.

So...I caved from all of the hype and read HoX #1 and yeah, it's a strong debut. Some intriguing stuff going on. And...somewhat creepy?

Amazing Member

Has Tini Howard made any comments regarding Rogue and Gambit?

Astonishing Member

Ain’t that the million dollar question, lol. I wonder how much the wave 1 writers are allowed to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

So...I caved from all of the hype and read HoX #1 and yeah, it's a strong debut. Some intriguing stuff going on. And...somewhat creepy?
    I was definitely feeling ‘creepy’ there, too. Not sure how it will end, but it was an interesting start...

I also just got the joe mad cover from eBay (my shop never has a lot of variants.)

I mean, if Excalibur wants to get weird real quick, that’s how it’s done.

Looking at the review thread, I’m clearly in the minority because I gave the book a big “meh” overall. I’m waiting for shit to go sideways.
    Oh good, I'm not the only one. I feel bad that I'm not as hyped up on this as basically all of Twitter. It was good, interesting even ... but I'm not totally pulled into the story just yet. I like the idea with the portals and having a safe homeland ... but there's a deeply disturbing and creepy element to it all.

I just can't picture Gambit or Rogue cutting themselves off from humanity, their human friends and family, to live in a mutant exclusive world. It doesn't vibe with the Rogue that rescues humans and was an Avenger or Remy the King of Thieves. I thought "the dream" was to live together, side-by-side, like their little enclave in Valle Soleada? And maybe that will all be the point eventually? I do hope we see them show up at some point.

I will get my Madureira variant tomorrow - they called to tell me it's waiting! So perhaps I'll get more excited upon a reread?

In the meantime, I've been rereading the 1999 Nicieza Gambit solo for funsies.

Now on the Excalibur thread I thought I saw something about Rogue eventually getting a costume upgrade? That would be awesome.

I wonder a lot about whether Tini chose these characters or was assigned them and if she has a wealth of knowledge on them or did a lot of research (or didn't?). Does she know Remy's history with Apocalypse?!

I just always feel anxious when a new writer gets them, given the times we've been burned. At the least I hope she honors what Kelly did and where she got them.

I fully expect them to be challenged and maybe even put through the ringer. They can't live in their protective honeymoon bubble forever. But that doesn't mean throw away all their progress either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

Hell yeah we are doing this! (Mostly cause....October is far away and we have to talk about something!)

Romy ship - it was like $43 on midtown.

I found the issue interesting but think I’ll definitely have to see more to be more pulled in. Everyone is kind of stepfordy.

Hell yeah we are doing this! (Mostly cause....October is far away and we have to talk about something!)

Romy ship - it was like $43 on midtown.

I found the issue interesting but think I’ll definitely have to see more to be more pulled in. Everyone is kind of stepfordy.
    Magical baby theories are out there in the best kind of way, lol--but ugh, October is so far away.

Yes, Stepford-y! From the first few pages, I thought to myself, "Xavier is mind controlling all of them." And then there are those creepy flowers (which, seeing as I'm also a Batman reader, made me think of Poison Ivy, but that's neither here nor there) which might also have a mind controlling effect or something? IDK. It seems too obvious a conclusion though...

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    Has Tini Howard made any comments regarding Rogue and Gambit?
    So far all I’ve seen her do is retweet KT’s ode to writing Gambit & Rogue for ~18 months post.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Hey Peach... are you doing the BT podcast with Riley soon? It’s been rumored.
    Maaaaaaaybe.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh good, I'm not the only one. I feel bad that I'm not as hyped up on this as basically all of Twitter. It was good, interesting even ... but I'm not totally pulled into the story just yet. I like the idea with the portals and having a safe homeland ... but there's a deeply disturbing and creepy element to it all.
    TWO OF US!! TWO OF US!!

I just can't picture Gambit or Rogue cutting themselves off from humanity, their human friends and family, to live in a mutant exclusive world. It doesn't vibe with the Rogue that rescues humans and was an Avenger or Remy the King of Thieves. I thought "the dream" was to live together, side-by-side, like their little enclave in Valle Soleada? And maybe that will all be the point eventually? I do hope we see them show up at some point.
    Yeah, I find either of them being like “fuck it, let’s go give up our Tribeca top floor loft for living on an island with a bunch of weird freaking flowers stuck all up in everyone’s gd business.” Gambit is naturally untrustworthy so he strikes me as the type to wait & see (although he’s also a sci-fi dork so maybe he’s down for portal jumping... but the plant thing knowing/coping your DNA seems like it would be a serious turn off for him in light of Sinister) and Rogue having spent so much time leading the Avenger team to help human & mutant relations seems funky for her to just throw her arms up and go live on an island.

Plus she’s totally pregnant

Yep, I didn't enjoy it that much either. I found the whole thing really disturbing. Honestly, I hate that since Morrison came along almost everyone(writers and fans alike) seems to be so obsessed with concepts, big ideas, and the story more than the characters and their interactions. The characters are what drew me into comics and the X-Men, and I miss the more character focused stories of the past.

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought too. I just don't see Gambit and Rogue(and a lot of the other X-Men) being okay with all of this if they were in their right minds.

Stepfordy is the perfect word for the vibe this book gave off. I'm hopeful that this is all turned on its head be the end of this mini-series though and everyone is not acting so weird for the wave 1 books. Unfortunately it's looking like Xavier is going to come off in a bad light yet again though, and I'm so tired of seeing writers of the last couple decades destroying his legacy and character.

Maybe that is why they are not in HOX. Maybe they are not even on Krakoa.

Incredible Member

Plus she’s totally pregnant
    Are you even allowed to plant portal jump when your pregnant? Maybe it’s like flying when you are nine months and she has to get a note from her doctor. And it probably has to be written in krakoan, so it just a whole thing.