Page 131 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    He also liked my tweet mentioning I hope that he and Tini continue KT’s legacy of finding spots for shirtless gambit and sexy rambit, so I’m also assuming that is now their #1 top priority for the book.
    Doing good work there, keep it up. *Salutes*

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    If we need older kids...the grey kids are just right there!

My biggest take away is they it seems Marcus To might be more of a canary than Tini since he’s giving us the goods. (Of course the fact that gambit and rogue being married is considered a “good” shows how little info there is. ) So Thanks, Marcus!

He also liked my tweet mentioning I hope that he and Tini continue KT’s legacy of finding spots for shirtless gambit and sexy rambit, so I’m also assuming that is now their #1 top priority for the book.
    A completely reasonable expectation.

I'm sure all of the Wave 1 writers are currently "muzzled" until HoX/PoX is well underway, so we'll have to live off the scraps Hickman and others give us for now (and our own imaginations, naturally). I expect Gambit & Rogue to appear somewhere, but anything more than a cameo or two will be be a pleasant surprise for me. I'm just dying to know where they are when all of this is happening. I just hope they'll contribute something to the larger story and be more than pretty Southern wallpaper for the next two months.

Tini's comment about "a birth", I took it as figuratively speaking.

But just for fun, I'll join in the speculation. Not sure how I would feel about a Rogue/Gambit child, though I don't think it hurts either character if they take this direction, Scott, Jean, Reed, Sue etc haven't suffered as characters from it either. There has been some foreshadowing in a humorous manner in MMX (actually a lot of it). Not sure if I would take it seriously, but then again, I didn't take that very last page of R&G seriously either when they were teasing about marriage.

We really need a game or a challenge or SOMETHING during this long wait.

I propose the fanon versus canon challenge.

Ask a question to the thread (no question is dumb!) about something Gambit or Rogue related that you aren't sure if it's a real thing about the character or not and maybe collectively as a group we'll have the knowledge and wherewithal to track down the answer!

My question to start - DOES Gambit have enhanced night vision?

I feel sure this is a real thing, but can't remember a specific panel that references it. If you know, name that issue or post the panel. Or maybe this is pure fanfic fanon?

Not sure about that one. It's interesting though: I think I read on Wikipedia that Rogue had enhanced vision because of Wonder Man's powers. Not sure if that's ever been mentioned in the comics.

Gambit doesn't have enhanced night vision. It never were used or mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Not sure about that one. It's interesting though: I think I read on Wikipedia that Rogue had enhanced vision because of Wonder Man's powers. Not sure if that's ever been mentioned in the comics.
    Not sure about Rogue, but couldn't find Gambit's enhanced vision in the wiki. I keep thinking it was suggested in passing in one panel somewhere? Maybe one of his solos? But never expanded upon further in comics ... maybe expanded upon in fanfic? And by extension, I thought it was implied his eyes are sensitive to bright light? So maybe this is purely fanon? I'm gonna keep looking.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 07-27-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Not sure about Rogue, but couldn't find Gambit's enhanced vision in the wiki. I keep thinking it was suggested in passing in one panel somewhere? Maybe one of his solos? But never expanded upon further in comics ... maybe expanded upon in fanfic? And by extension, I thought it was implied his eyes are sensitive to bright light? So maybe this is purely fanon? I'm gonna keep looking.
    I have no memory of there ever being anything related to Remy's eyes, as the "hypnotic charm" power that was basically quickly dropped was supposedly from his voice, and not hypnosis. Despite them being different, there's been surprising restraint in terms of no one making them good for something such as night vision.

Gonna have to say fanon for Gambits enhanced night vision then - unless, he has had some variant of echo location through sight.

He could/should/can have a form of tactile 'echo' location, in that he could touch a wall of a building and concentrate to hear/feel kinetic movements within said building. Handy for heists. Could make for a great art image, or animation or film sequence.

I've seen the wiki on that Rogue should have enhanced night vision through Simons power, but no such display of it yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That would be a jumping off point to me. That's not a development I want for Rogue (or Gambit, for that matter).
    Ditto.
    But im not too concerned even if they have children it'll only be a matter of time before theyre sent to the future or grown at an accelerated speed or some ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That would be a jumping off point to me. That's not a development I want for Rogue (or Gambit, for that matter).
    Rogue's been through so much with her body I can see her regarding pregnancy as an Alien-esque bodily invasion.

Anyway, they're too young and babies are crap in comics.

I will reiterate, I think any kind of story can work in comics with the right writer and enough ingenuity and imagination. Why put limits on these things? "It's never been done successfully, therefore it can't be done?" Forget that. Let's think outside the box and not define the future with doing only what has been done before.

Anyway, in liu of X-Men Monday here is only one of the best scenes from Rogue & Gambit by Kelly Thompson and Pere Perez.

f669f592c6c2e8a9cdbf91ed566e237d.jpg

Incredible Member

Omg that panel. I still remember way back when that was one of KT’s dialogue sneak peaks.

Totally agree about letting talented writers tell innovative stories. Otherwise we’d still be stuck with romy will they/won’t they forever!

IMG_20190729_162946.jpg

IMG_20190729_162927.jpg

Look at these interlocking variant covers by Mahmud Asrar!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    IMG_20190729_162946.jpg

IMG_20190729_162927.jpg

Look at these interlocking variant covers by Mahmud Asrar!
    Great covers!