Page 135 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceorphan View Post
    Thanks! I've been part of the cult for a long time *coughanimatedseriescough*

Excalibur (and really all of the new X-Titles) look like they should be fun! As much as I loved the Mini and MMX, I'm super excited about seeing both Rogue and Gambit on an X-Team again - it feels like they spent so much time away (even if it's okay that they skipped Age of X, lol).

I'll have to check out Howard's work! I haven't read anything by her yet - and I do like to check out a writer. I ended up reading all of KT's Hawkeye run before the mini came out, and loved that.
    Aw Yiss! Fresh meat!

Uh, I mean... WELCOME!

We are happy to have you here.

Honestly I’m pretty pumped for Excalibur... this last Marvel year has been a true blessing and I hope and pray it stays that way. Howard is already giving us what the fans want so it seems promising.

If anyone had told me years ago that I’d still be reading comic books at the age... that I am I wouldn’t have believed them.

Ha, life is full of surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Agreed! I can always use more Storm and Gambit friendship in my life, as well as Rogue and pretty much everyone. I'm interested to see what how they do with Jubilee in the mix. And have they ever really had a story with Betsy? I'm blanking at the moment.

Also the Apocalypse thing... makes me wonder if the whole Deathbit thing is gonna get brought up or be left buried where it probably should be, lol.

Agreed! I can always use more Storm and Gambit friendship in my life, as well as Rogue and pretty much everyone. I'm interested to see what how they do with Jubilee in the mix. And have they ever really had a story with Betsy? I'm blanking at the moment.

Also the Apocalypse thing... makes me wonder if the whole Deathbit thing is gonna get brought up or be left buried where it probably should be, lol.
    Astonishing X-men last year. In the 90s, Psylocke took a tour through Gambit's mind and learned about his secret past with Sinister which would later factor into UXM 350

found this cool image

Last edited by Havok83; 08-01-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Hopefully dead and buried. Ugh... Deathbit
    *shudders*
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Astonishing X-men last year. In the 90s, Psylocke took a tour through Gambit's mind and learned about his secret past with Sinister which would later factor into UXM 350

found this cool image

Damn, I love 90s X-Men. I picked up the Hardcover of Mutant Genesis 2.0 with the recoloring of the art and it just doesn't seem right.
    Make Good Art

found this cool image

Oh awesomeness! I had forgotten already about Astonishing. Weren't they all together at the beginning of Claremont's XTreme run, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Hopefully dead and buried. Ugh... Deathbit
    *shudders*
    Yeah - bold of me to bring that up in my first few posts ever, huh?

Oh awesomeness! I had forgotten already about Astonishing. Weren't they all together at the beginning of Claremont's XTreme run, too?
    No. Betsy died before Gambit joined the book
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-01-2019 at 09:33 AM.

No. Betsy died before Gambit joined the book
    Ah, right!

Decided to dig up some stuff from that period -

When Gambit is in Vargas's (?) mansion and there's a hologram (?) of recently deceased Betsy on display. I kind of want to know if/when Gambit did the waltz with Betsy

IMG-0311a.jpg

Same issue - I love the little moment where Gambit's appreciating Storm, but his heart belongs to someone else...

IMG-0312a.jpg

And, while I'm here, my favorite panel from the run

IMG-0313a.jpg

I was looking for some good images of shirtless Gambit and re-read Uncanny X-Men 349-350...that was rough, and heart breaking. At least now they finally are happily married. I saw a drawing awhile back, a piece of fan art, of Gambit in his "end of the world" " shirtless "costume" set either in a jungle or the savage land and now I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I was looking for some good images of shirtless Gambit and re-read Uncanny X-Men 349-350...that was rough, and heart breaking. At least now they finally are happily married. I saw a drawing awhile back, a piece of fan art, of Gambit in his "end of the world" " shirtless "costume" set either in a jungle or the savage land and now I can't find it.
    I bought the Trial of Gambit trade without knowing what I was getting myself into. Yikes. Rough indeed
    Make Good Art

Since this is the subject, I miss Clay Mann.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Same. My SO and I talked to him at a con last year and he told us about how proud he was he was able to draw a happy trail for Gambit lol
    Make Good Art

My friends, I think we are in good hands, as Tini just shared this beautiful thing on Twitter. https://twitter.com/ohcararara/statu...250173440?s=19

Clearly she understands the importance of shirtless Gambit.

And on the Deathbit thing, I waffle. It was seriously my most hated development for the character that I would like to bury and yet I would also love to see it addressed and resolved since it got left hanging wide open after Legacy and also Remy never got fully vindicated for his actions during that time.

So I disappear for a while and we have a new member?! Wooo! Welcome to the most fun thread on CBR (no bias here LOL). Glad to have ya!

Now I often forget that Betsy and Rogue are kind of buds going back to the Outback era. They also had some great interaction during that ill-fated Wood and Copiel run of X-Men that was all ladies. She and Gambit have been slightly more adversarial, mainly in that she is often very serious and he is frequently not. Should make for a fun team dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Funny but I kinda helped kittens to appear in Gambit 15. On one X-Position I asked Asmus about kittens that Mistique gave him in Astonishing and if they will appear in Gambit's solo. He answered that will ask Clay to try to add them to Gambit 15. It awesome when you can speak with writers.