Page 143 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I was kind of wondering/ dreading if the savage land outfit would show up, given Krakoa ‘jungle theme.’ If it’s limited to a variant, i’m Ok with that. Though at least this is a fun cover, rather Logan and Emma are rather random.
    Yeah. I'm not a fan of the Savage Land. When was the last time there was a Savage Land story? I can't even think of one. I guess it's still popular...?

So, I'm wondering how many Romy fans are keeping up to date on HoX/PoX. I'm starting to feel myself losing interest in it. I don't know if it's the weekly release being too much or the fact there's no Gambit or Rogue, but I'm feeling kind of indifferent about keeping up with it. Anyone know if the last issue is worth a read?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Yeah. I'm not a fan of the Savage Land. When was the last time there was a Savage Land story? I can't even think of one. I guess it's still popular...?

So, I'm wondering how many Romy fans are keeping up to date on HoX/PoX. I'm starting to feel myself losing interest in it. I don't know if it's the weekly release being too much or the fact there's no Gambit or Rogue, but I'm feeling kind of indifferent about keeping up with it. Anyone know if the last issue is worth a read?
    I still love both books, but understand why Rogue/Gambit fans wouldn't be into it. I'm a big sci-fi fan in general, so it's been a really fun read for me
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

I'm keeping up with it, but I'm not as in love with it as most X-Men fans I know. It's interesting and I can appreciate how complex and ingenious it is, but I'm finding the format with all the charts and time hopping a bit exhausting. At times it feels less like a story and more like a textbook or puzzle. And typically I love sci fi and even charts. But it's so plot driven and the character moments are more sparse, plus no Rogue or Gambit ... yeah I find myself not at all anxious to read it at 3 am like I do with the books I'm really in love with. I think maybe once the plot takes better shape and starts to really move forward it will pull me in more. But I'm staying with it.

As for Savage Land Rogue and Gambit ... I would love to see a Savage Land story with them! Sometimes that outfit annoys me on Rogue because it's so cheesecake, but since it's equal opportunity here for the whole team then I don't mind it. The X-Men are dead sexy. LOL

Thanks for the input!

I'm struggling to keep up with it in that, I'm just not motivated to take the time to read it properly (you're right, AJ, it feels more like a textbook or, heck, a complex novel, than a comic and I don't feel like I have the energy to invest into fully comprehending/hypothesizing about it)...but when I do read it, parts of it are really good: the Destiny scene, for example, so I'm feeling torn. I think HoX has impressed me more than PoX, but that's mostly due to the presence of familiar characters. I really struggle to care about new characters in general. I might drop it temporarily and pick it up again if more familiar characters show up (as they are supposed to, soon, I think).

The Savage Land is so cheesy. I can't take it! I understand why some fans like it, I just...can't...nope.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 08-23-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Incredible Member

Yeah, like I’ll keep reading and I like making some guesses and some parts, but agreed I’m not as excited as others are. It’s just not the kind of world building I connect with as much. It is too clinical, which I get is the point but just isn’t my bag. But the Destiny part was still a highlight. I just miss seeing the X-Men. Not even just Gambit and Rogue. I’m glad it sounds like that might be happening soon.

Anyone else afraid that Excalibur could turn out to be another solo disguised as a team book? Or is it just me?
    With the exception of Rogue's condition, everything else I've read about it pretty much revolves around Betsy. I don't want another X-men Gold aka "The Kitty Show" or X-men Red "The Adventures of Jean and her two amazing sidekicks Trinary and Gabby".

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Anyone else afraid that Excalibur could turn out to be another solo disguised as a team book? Or is it just me?
    With the exception of Rogue's condition, everything else I've read about it pretty much revolves around Betsy. I don't want another X-men Gold aka "The Kitty Show" or X-men Red "The Adventures of Jean and her two amazing sidekicks Trinary and Gabby".
    My main fear with it. I’m getting it specifically for Gambit and Rogue. However I like the entire roster for the most part so I’m hoping this doesn’t turn into just another solo type book with a bunch of supporting characters. MR and Mrs C spoiled me and I need my Gambit/Rogue fix.

Me too. Sounds like X-Men RED again

Incredible Member

I’m not too worried for now just because we are only getting crumbs at this point in time. She even said she was writing a fun Rogue scene at the time of the interview so I’m looking forward to it.

That seems rather premature. We've been graced with ...what.... maybe 3(?) solicitations for that series. So that's a whopping 3 issues of story, and given the title and familial connection it stands to reason that Betsy would have a strong focus. I don't think that anyone is deluded(?) enough to believe that this first arc is going to center on Rictor or Jubilee. But just because Bets is the initial lead, doesn't mean all these specifically chosen favorites of Tini won't have stories to explore within and alongside the overarching plot. Lets not cry wolf so soon. Even if the preview showed Betsy talking TO a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    That seems rather premature. We've been graced with ...what.... maybe 3(?) solicitations for that series. So that's a whopping 3 issues of story, and given the title and familial connection it stands to reason that Betsy would have a strong focus. I don't think that anyone is deluded(?) enough to believe that this first arc is going to center on Rictor or Jubilee. But just because Bets is the initial lead, doesn't mean all these specifically chosen favorites of Tini won't have stories to explore within and alongside the overarching plot. Lets not cry wolf so soon. Even if the preview showed Betsy talking TO a wolf.
    People are just hungry. Gambit and Rogue are in limbo since the end of june. So far nothing about Excalibur screamed to me that I will be able to get my monthly Gambit fix from it.
    Of course I am hoping for better but will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    People are just hungry. Gambit and Rogue are in limbo since the end of june. So far nothing about Excalibur screamed to me that I will be able to get my monthly Gambit fix from it.
    Of course I am hoping for better but will see.
    I completely understand the appetite. I mean, when we go from TWO titles centered on these Love Doves, back to back, to then waiting and wondering about their whereabouts --- I get it. I just think, maybe have a sandwich or a nap or maybe a self inflicted orgasm (haha) to relax.
    We know they're together. We know there is SOMETHING planned for them narratively, albeit vague --but when aren't these things vague, ammirite? Some folks are completely absent from the impending satellite books. Where's Kurt? Where's Monet? Where's x-kid #46?

I'm really curious about Mr & Mrs X's motivation for their involvement in Excalibur. Is it mandated? Did they volunteer? Were they selected? Is it personal? Is it an assignment? How does Gambit feel about being on a team with Poccy?? Do either of them give 2 shiz about Rictor? Is the presence of Shogo gonna trigger Remy's baby fever? What mystical whoo doo is maybe plaguing Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm really curious about Mr & Mrs X's motivation for their involvement in Excalibur. Is it mandated? Did they volunteer? Were they selected? Is it personal? Is it an assignment? How does Gambit feel about being on a team with Poccy?? Do either of them give 2 shiz about Rictor? Is the presence of Shogo gonna trigger Remy's baby fever? What mystical whoo doo is maybe plaguing Rogue?
    From preview it seems that they were not happy to see Apocalypse so I think it weren`t their decision to join party.

I don`t remember either of them to had any conversation with Rictor.

I hope there won`t be any baby fever and ninmum babies in story. But if it will be written good then I will be ok with that.

Probably Rogue is just absorbing everything magical around and it is changing her powers so she will be able to feel some huge locations of mutant magic.

I think the Rogue + magic theory is a good shout, and an interesting way to take her newfound control and challenge it in fresh ways. (It might not even be a control thing per se, but magic is obviously a very different kettle of fish to her usual powers).

Rambit might be joining Excalibur precisely to keep an eye on A-Poc, which is at least likely a better plan than Remy's last solo Akkaba adventure. It's hard to gauge from them seemingly being yanked there, so perhaps they just stick around?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I think the Rogue + magic theory is a good shout, and an interesting way to take her newfound control and challenge it in fresh ways. (It might not even be a control thing per se, but magic is obviously a very different kettle of fish to her usual powers).

Rambit might be joining Excalibur precisely to keep an eye on A-Poc, which is at least likely a better plan than Remy's last solo Akkaba adventure. It's hard to gauge from them seemingly being yanked there, so perhaps they just stick around?
    Yeah, I'm curious to see what comes of Rogue's new control of her powers coupled with magic. Mutant powers seem pretty straightforward (most of the time), but magic can have some unknown side-effects/consequences/curses/whatever that could make for an interesting way to mess with her powers
    Make Good Art