Page 155 of 179 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2671

Thank God it's finally October and we have just 1 more PoX to go before we get this DoX party started! My patience for waiting to see R&G again is almost running out.

So this preview does interestingly find them on Krakoa it seems. So are Jubilee with Shogo (yes!) and Betsy and it looks like we have Trinary here as well. I get the sense from these art panels that maybe there is some unease for these particular characters? Contemplation? Why is Trinary giving our couple the stink eye?

I do love that they're strolling the beach in their nightware-but she still needs the gloves? I imagine their conversation is around 1. What should we do now that we don't have to fight anymore? Do we "settle down"? 2. Does this seem too good to be true? 3. I have concerns about the way we're doing things here - ummm, Apocalypse, Sinister, Magneto?! Hello?!

And then there's the cover for #5. WTF?!?! There is a LOT to be explored there. Is something going wrong with Rogue? Don't tell be she's lost control again (no, no, no). Has she absorbed some part of Krakoa? Is she injured and being healed? Is this part of her new magic? Are her powers haywire because she's KU?! Why is Apocalypse involved and how is Remy not freaked out by THAT scenario ... yeah, he probably is. Buckle in folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride! YES!

Interesting the article didn't have a lot to say about Rogue, but it was refreshing to get such a nice Gambit write up. Yeah, the X-Men have never appreciated just how handy his thieving skills are.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Thank God it's finally October and we have just 1 more PoX to go before we get this DoX party started! My patience for waiting to see R&G again is almost running out.

So this preview does interestingly find them on Krakoa it seems. So are Jubilee with Shogo (yes!) and Betsy and it looks like we have Trinary here as well. I get the sense from these art panels that maybe there is some unease for these particular characters? Contemplation? Why is Trinary giving our couple the stink eye?

I do love that they're strolling the beach in their nightware-but she still needs the gloves? I imagine their conversation is around 1. What should we do now that we don't have to fight anymore? Do we "settle down"? 2. Does this seem too good to be true? 3. I have concerns about the way we're doing things here - ummm, Apocalypse, Sinister, Magneto?! Hello?!

And then there's the cover for #5. WTF?!?! There is a LOT to be explored there. Is something going wrong with Rogue? Don't tell be she's lost control again (no, no, no). Has she absorbed some part of Krakoa? Is she injured and being healed? Is this part of her new magic? Are her powers haywire because she's KU?! Why is Apocalypse involved and how is Remy not freaked out by THAT scenario ... yeah, he probably is. Buckle in folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride! YES!

Interesting the article didn't have a lot to say about Rogue, but it was refreshing to get such a nice Gambit write up. Yeah, the X-Men have never appreciated just how handy his thieving skills are.
    Gambit can't absorn energy so I don't trust this article.

I am kinda dissapointed that they are already at Krakoa. I wanted to see their first arrival an thoughts on it. Now it means that they weren't in Hox pox just because Hickman don't want to write them.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit can't absorn energy so I don't trust this article.

I am kinda dissapointed that they are already at Krakoa. I wanted to see their first arrival an thoughts on it. Now it means that they weren't in Hox pox just because Hickman don't want to write them.
    Dunno ... either it's a typo, he's not familiar with the character himself, or ... an interesting slip up of something he knows?

I'm guessing they've arrived sometime recently and maybe we'll get their opinion on this whole thing. Rogue doesn't look completely content in these panels. Something is on her mind. But I kind of doubt that Hickman is interested in writing them and I'm actually glad about that.

Of the writing staff for Wave 1, Tini seems like the best great fit.

It looks like a baby bump to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Not sure if anyone here plays Puzzle Quest, but I noticed this on their new load screen and had to share

Attachment 87758
    That’s cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    It looks like a baby bump to me.
    ...it really does...

Cho

Incredible Member

That issue five cover is certainly something! Even if Rogue turns out to just have lost control and absorbing krakoa or something, I’m thankful for the pregnancy theory sustaining us and giving us something to talk about during the drought. I mean I love Tini’s bitchswitch shirt but that can only be talked about for so long.
    0CFE21B5-AE3E-4BC6-946C-4E031CFB0AFB.jpg

And I’m so obsessed with that Trinary panel? I’m might go back and look at any X-men red interactions for any clues even though I doubt they are there. Like is she spying gambit, rogue, gambit and rogue? Can she sense something? Does she know something? Is she a little envious? Whhhhhaaaaat?!

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    That issue five cover is certainly something! Even if Rogue turns out to just have lost control and absorbing krakoa or something, I’m thankful for the pregnancy theory sustaining us and giving us something to talk about during the drought. I mean I love Tini’s bitchswitch shirt but that can only be talked about for so long.
    0CFE21B5-AE3E-4BC6-946C-4E031CFB0AFB.jpg

And I’m so obsessed with that Trinary panel? I’m might go back and look at any X-men red interactions for any clues even though I doubt they are there. Like is she spying gambit, rogue, gambit and rogue? Can she sense something? Does she know something? Is she a little envious? Whhhhhaaaaat?!
    Between that shirt and what the people who talked to Tini @ NYCC have said, I have a REALLY good feeling about this book. I think she'll have a good handle on these characters.

But yeah, Trinary and Remy didn't have a whole lot of major interactions during X-Men: Red. So whatever her schtick is seems like it's probably more circumstantial than personal.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Between that shirt and what the people who talked to Tini @ NYCC have said, I have a REALLY good feeling about this book. I think she'll have a good handle on these characters.

But yeah, Trinary and Remy didn't have a whole lot of major interactions during X-Men: Red. So whatever her schtick is seems like it's probably more circumstantial than personal.
    Yeah, I'm wondering what her role is since her powers are technopathy. I can't imagine there will be a whole lot of technology in this book but I guess we'll see.
    Make Good Art

I have to disagree, nothing in that shirt says Gambit to me, it's more fitting to someone like Emma Frost. Also her constant focus in just only Betsy and Apocalypse doesn't bode well with me.
    I'll have to change my stance from optimistic to cautious.

Incredible Member

I like it. To me it reads as a funny way to display that she gets Gambit is a force to be reckoned with when you ‘ve made him mad. I’m really looking forward to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I like it. To me it reads as a funny way to display that she gets Gambit is a force to be reckoned with when you ‘ve made him mad. I’m really looking forward to the book.
    Yeah, exactly. Remy is pretty much friendly and chill with just about anyone, but you hurt someone he cares about and BOOM. You're going down.

It's rare to find a writer that appreciates him as a character and wants to write him, much less "gets" him. So I'm ready to give Tini the benefit of the doubt. I won't pass on what the people who talked to her at NYCC said because that's their story to tell, but you'll have to take my word that it was very encouraging.

Long story short, Betsy is the team leader and the only Brit in an Excalibur book. So I expect a lot will focus and revolve around her. Gambit and Rogue just had about 18 months worth of stories where they got the spotlight. So while I always want more for my favorites, fair is fair. It's a team book and they'll have to share the spotlight accordingly. Also, Tini might just be avoiding saying anything about Gambit or Rogue if big surprises are in store for them that she doesn't want to tip off. Whereas what's going on with Betsy is a little more of an obvious dead giveaway from the cover art and easy to talk about without spoilers. Hopefully everyone on the team gets some focus. It's a very reasonable team size, so that should help.

Only a few weeks away now. Did you all notice this is double shipping once issue #2 starts?

Yeah, exactly. Remy is pretty much friendly and chill with just about anyone, but you hurt someone he cares about and BOOM. You're going down.

It's rare to find a writer that appreciates him as a character and wants to write him, much less "gets" him. So I'm ready to give Tini the benefit of the doubt. I won't pass on what the people who talked to her at NYCC said because that's their story to tell, but you'll have to take my word that it was very encouraging.

Long story short, Betsy is the team leader and the only Brit in an Excalibur book. So I expect a lot will focus and revolve around her. Gambit and Rogue just had about 18 months worth of stories where they got the spotlight. So while I always want more for my favorites, fair is fair. It's a team book and they'll have to share the spotlight accordingly. Also, Tini might just be avoiding saying anything about Gambit or Rogue if big surprises are in store for them that she doesn't want to tip off. Whereas what's going on with Betsy is a little more of an obvious dead giveaway from the cover art and easy to talk about without spoilers. Hopefully everyone on the team gets some focus. It's a very reasonable team size, so that should help.

Only a few weeks away now. Did you all notice this is double shipping once issue #2 starts?
    I am glad that we will have double shipping on December and January. I think it is just that To cand draw awesome and quickly. But I am expecting a new artist for #7 and further issues. Then I hope To will return for issues 10-16.
    Just speculation.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-10-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am glad that we will have double shippong on December and January. I think it is just that To cand draw awesome and quickly. But I am expecting a new artist for #7 and further issues. Then I hope To will return for issues 10-16.
    Just speculation.
    I think ALL the DoX books are double shipping at some point from what I'd heard. They gave the artists a huge lead time on purpose. Like I think To was already working on #5 last I saw on Twitter.

But yeah, I'm guessing either there will be a team switch up or a break at some point or maybe they'll go back to monthly? Because once Wave 2 hits that will be a mountain of X-books to keep up with assuming they all continue without cancelation. But several of these seem like tentpole books that will be necessary to move the whole X-plotline forward.

IMG_20191010_210505.jpg

Excalibur #1 variant by Jay Ancelato. Our girl is getting some love.