Page 157 of 179 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Prediction! Apologies if someone else already said this — Gambit and Rogue have a human baby.
    Hmmm, interesting. The baby speculation isn't new, but the human angle IS.

I remain staunchly on the fence. I'm like 60% convinced she may be preggo and I'm one of a spare few here that are totally up for that development if it happens. But I'm also prepared not to be mad if it doesn't. But I like the new storyline and development possiblities it opens up for them and it also would bring some old panels plot points to fruition.

Narratively speaking, a regular human baby WOULD cause quite a stir and help us explore some intriguing themes. Though technically we already have Shogo present to do that with.

So my guess is that if we do get blessed with a new LeBeau, it will be another sort of situation entirely and there will be some complication with Rogue's powers.

Now we do know from the hints in interviews recently with Hickman and JDW that adoption of young mutants coming to Krakoa is likely to be happening, so we can't rule that out. However, the "make more mutants" decree does suggest to me that we will see at least one new baby born. And Gambit and Rogue as the most recently married seem like prime candidates. Plus again, this is probably the most prosperous and safe era mutants have ever had, right? And also, I think we've had a decent passage of time since UXM/AoXM ended. Maybe 6 months or more? Maybe a year? Which might mean they are more settled and ready by now.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. The baby speculation isn't new, but the human angle IS.

I remain staunchly on the fence. I'm like 60% convinced she may be preggo and I'm one of a spare few here that are totally up for that development if it happens. But I'm also prepared not to be mad if it doesn't. But I like the new storyline and development possiblities it opens up for them and it also would bring some old panels plot points to fruition.

Narratively speaking, a regular human baby WOULD cause quite a stir and help us explore some intriguing themes. Though technically we already have Shogo present to do that with.

So my guess is that if we do get blessed with a new LeBeau, it will be another sort of situation entirely and there will be some complication with Rogue's powers.

Now we do know from the hints in interviews recently with Hickman and JDW that adoption of young mutants coming to Krakoa is likely to be happening, so we can't rule that out. However, the "make more mutants" decree does suggest to me that we will see at least one new baby born. And Gambit and Rogue as the most recently married seem like prime candidates. Plus again, this is probably the most prosperous and safe era mutants have ever had, right? And also, I think we've had a decent passage of time since UXM/AoXM ended. Maybe 6 months or more? Maybe a year? Which might mean they are more settled and ready by now.

If you are more a fan of Rogue than Gambit, the idea of ​​a baby will seem horrible. not because I don't want her to be a mother ... the children of Rogue if or should be like her one of the most powerful and interesting mutants on the planet. but in comics they don't usually handle the concept of motherhood and heroines well ... unless they are babies. I don't want to see Rogue even more relegated in the comics ... or be the housewife. when in that couple the real hero and power house is her.

I don't want to divorce either.

but I prefer to focus more on having fun in your marriage and being a hero. If you want babies who come from the future to visit their cool daddies. but in the present time you don't drink please. It's the worst thing that could happen to a character as active and fun as Rogue is.

if they want babies in the present time there they have a storm, psylocke or jean that they take out like 10 or 15 (or more) years of age to Rogue. She is too young and still needs to have fun. It is not necessary to make her mother so young. more when there are others of middle age out there.

BANNED

When is the last time Rogue and/or Gambit have appeared? Feels like ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    When is the last time Rogue and/or Gambit have appeared? Feels like ages.
    MMX #12, back in June.

cameo in Crazy 1 in Krakoa Streming Service story

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    If you are more a fan of Rogue than Gambit, the idea of ​​a baby will seem horrible. not because I don't want her to be a mother ... the children of Rogue if or should be like her one of the most powerful and interesting mutants on the planet. but in comics they don't usually handle the concept of motherhood and heroines well ... unless they are babies. I don't want to see Rogue even more relegated in the comics ... or be the housewife. when in that couple the real hero and power house is her.

I don't want to divorce either.

but I prefer to focus more on having fun in your marriage and being a hero. If you want babies who come from the future to visit their cool daddies. but in the present time you don't drink please. It's the worst thing that could happen to a character as active and fun as Rogue is.

if they want babies in the present time there they have a storm, psylocke or jean that they take out like 10 or 15 (or more) years of age to Rogue. She is too young and still needs to have fun. It is not necessary to make her mother so young. more when there are others of middle age out there.
    No offense, but I respectfully disagree. Rogue can still be written as fun, powerful, and independent and not lose her position on a team. Nothing would even stop her from leading a team and being a parent.

Frankly I'm tired of this concept of mothers as boring, preoccupied, weak, and chained to their home and child. Because I know plenty of mothers who are none of this and it's exactly this mentality that keeps women at a huge disadvantage in society and the workplace.

It is only a huge lack of imagination that would make a comics character become less interesting by becoming a parent. And would we treat a male character becoming a parent the same way?

So if you don't like the idea of a baby LeBeau, that's perfectly fine. But if it's because you think it means the effective death of her character as you know her, maybe think about that for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    cameo in Crazy 1 in Krakoa Streming Service story

Gambit really got that X on wrong place

No offense, but I respectfully disagree. Rogue can still be written as fun, powerful, and independent and not lose her position on a team. Nothing would even stop her from leading a team and being a parent.

Frankly I'm tired of this concept of mothers as boring, preoccupied, weak, and chained to their home and child. Because I know plenty of mothers who are none of this and it's exactly this mentality that keeps women at a huge disadvantage in society and the workplace.

It is only a huge lack of imagination that would make a comics character become less interesting by becoming a parent. And would we treat a male character becoming a parent the same way?

So if you don't like the idea of a baby LeBeau, that's perfectly fine. But if it's because you think it means the effective death of her character as you know her, maybe think about that for awhile.

I agree in society there are strong and funny and independent mothers. But how many examples are there in the comics? sue storm? (because jessics jones
    She has had ups and downs since she was a mother, and the high class only owed them to her popularity for the Netflix series) few or none. In the charmed series, one of the protagonists (piper) played well as a mother and hero, but another lost her baby (phoebe), only at the end of the series we saw everyone with children. but in the comics having so many writer changes this does not happen.

So this happens to mothers, with newborn babies when they are a little older if they will have more freedom but this can take many many years.

but ppr usually this happens

1) that they become boring. and they return to housewives and almost do not appear in stories

2) writers fear using them for a certain reason. maybe not to make them look irresponsible

3) most of those who have dared to be mothers (except sue storm) the following happens to them. their baby is kidnapped, taken to another time or killed. not even Rogue's baby in aoa survived.

I don't want to see Rogue suffer for any of these options which unfortunately is what will happen eventually.

If I want to see children of rogue but come from the future. I don't want them to experience what it would be like to treat a heroine than a newborn child. .because it has not turned out well before and I do not want to make my character go through that ... when it is proven they can handle it, it is good to give him children but for the moment ... I hope we only see children who come from the future.

because gambit would be intact ... but unfortunately Rogue would be the lamb to sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I agree in society there are strong and funny and independent mothers. But how many examples are there in the comics? sue storm? (because jessics jones
    She has had ups and downs since she was a mother, and the high class only owed them to her popularity for the Netflix series) few or none. In the charmed series, one of the protagonists (piper) played well as a mother and hero, but another lost her baby (phoebe), only at the end of the series we saw everyone with children. but in the comics having so many writer changes this does not happen.

So this happens to mothers, with newborn babies when they are a little older if they will have more freedom but this can take many many years.

but ppr usually this happens

1) that they become boring. and they return to housewives and almost do not appear in stories

2) writers fear using them for a certain reason. maybe not to make them look irresponsible

3) most of those who have dared to be mothers (except sue storm) the following happens to them. their baby is kidnapped, taken to another time or killed. not even Rogue's baby in aoa survived.

I don't want to see Rogue suffer for any of these options which unfortunately is what will happen eventually.

If I want to see children of rogue but come from the future. I don't want them to experience what it would be like to treat a heroine than a newborn child. .because it has not turned out well before and I do not want to make my character go through that ... when it is proven they can handle it, it is good to give him children but for the moment ... I hope we only see children who come from the future.

because gambit would be intact ... but unfortunately Rogue would be the lamb to sacrifice.
    I'm sorry, but this goes back to the argument that because something hasn't been done well in the past it can't be done well in the future. Which is just illogical. The writers of the now and of the future are not the writers of the past. Look at any comic from 10, 20, or 30 years ago and you can see that. People and their attitudes and knowledge evolve. Otherwise we're literally asking for the exact same stories to happen again and again. I think you'll notice that Spiderwoman has been in Captain Marvel and now Strikeforce and, oh yeah, she's also a Mom. The most recent Jessica Jones have been powerful stories, and being a parent has only added to that. And if I recall, being a mother didn't really inhibit Rogue from being a leader or a fighter in AoA.

Also to the point of not wanting struggle/pain/unhappiness/difficulty/death for comic book characters - The hard truth is those things are coming whether we want it or not. Happiness and content don't last forever and what's more, readers quickly become bored with it. Struggle must exist to tell a good story, for characters to be challenged, for stakes to feel real. There is no high summit of victory without a low dark valley of despair. Bad things will happen, characters will get hurt or even die. Although it seems maybe not mutants right now?

Hard times are coming for Rogue and Gambit, with or without a baby in the mix. But so are fun, adventure, and triumph- again, with or without a baby in the mix. I personally am interested in opening up new and unexplored avenues for them. We've already gotten a decent amount of their adventures as singles and as a couple. Doesn't mean there can't be more of those and they can't also be fresh and inventive. If that's the case, I welcome them. I'm not dead set that they must have a child and it must be right now. My point is that narratively, as a storyteller, it makes sense. Rogue's powers have literally denied her the choice for nearly all of her life, a point she has lamented numerous times. And I see no reason to pigeonhole forward character development or new storylines out of unfounded fear. To tell a good story is to take a big risk and have high stakes.

And the argument of age is truly a non-factor at this point. JDW thinks the X-Men are perpetually 20-30 anyway, so more time will not change that. Plenty of "younger" characters (Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Jaime Maddrox and Layla Miller) have had kids besides.

You're entitled to your opinion of not wanting a baby LeBeau for whatever reason you want. But I'm equally entitled to want that story. I'm going to keep following them as characters regardless of what the writer decides to do.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...alk-excalibur/

Nothing here we haven't heard before really. But I'm paying a lot of attention to what they're NOT saying. There are surprises in store for our duo. The only question is what they are.

Hmmm, disappointed that no new info or art in that Aipt article, so I went to Tinis Twitter to see if anything had been posted.

Saw this salacious image...

by Nickferatu Robles @ArtofNickRobles

Playin' strip poker by the looks of it What a scoundrel!.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Hmmm, disappointed that no new info or art in that Aipt article, so I went to Tinis Twitter to see if anything had been posted.

Saw this salacious image...

by Nickferatu Robles @ArtofNickRobles

Playin' strip poker by the looks of it What a scoundrel!.
    If he is playing strip poker, I love that the headsock wasn't removed before the shirt. Peak Remy.

Also, goddamn!

Spectacular Member

Ah, good point! While not mutually exclusive, by virtue of this being a smaller story (and something they’ll have to address to some extent anyway) this seems more likely to happen
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    If he is playing strip poker, I love that the headsock wasn't removed before the shirt. Peak Remy.

Also, goddamn!
    You know, the headsock looks strange by itself, but you make one heck of an excellent point! Distraction via thirst seems a likely technique for him and probably a successful one at that.

You know, the headsock looks strange by itself, but you make one heck of an excellent point! Distraction via thirst seems a likely technique for him and probably a successful one at that.
    It certainly worked with Candra in his first mini! https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Gambit_Vol_1_3