Page 16 of 179 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    KT told that Thieves Guild arc will start in #10.

How I understand it will start at the end of issue.
    I hope Gambit and Rogue will escape Mojo at the end of #9 or beginning of #10 so issue 10 will more of aftermath or build up for Guilds.

I hope Guild arc will create some new villains and mythology. I have really high hopes for this arc and afraid that will be dissapointed because it is hard to tell a good story just in 2 issues and there are so many things that I want and hope to see in it.

I wish Mojo arc would end on #9 so Guilds story would be at least 9-12.
    Best thing to do is lower the expectations a little, and hope for a good balanced story...it's hard to fit in everything in just 2 issues. If I remember even Asmus didn't do a lot with the Guilds...he wrote them at the very end of his run I think.

I'd say we'll see Belladonna, Jean-Luc and Tante Mattie...I'm hoping for Candra but she's dead I think. I thought Thompson did a fine job with Belladonna in #6. Personally I'm not really a fan of Guild story lines, but it's important to follow up on Gambit's status as King. We'll see how it turns out...
    Last edited by Sparta; 01-24-2019 at 06:22 AM.

Spectacular Member

I hope Gambit and Rogue will escape Mojo at the end of #9 or beginning of #10 so issue 10 will more of aftermath or build up for Guilds.

I hope Guild arc will create some new villains and mythology. I have really high hopes for this arc and afraid that will be dissapointed because it is hard to tell a good story just in 2 issues and there are so many things that I want and hope to see in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Best thing to do is lower the expectations a little, and hope for a good balanced story...it's hard to fit in everything in just 2 issues. If I remember even Asmus didn't do a lot with the Guilds...he wrote them at the very end of his run I think.

I'd say we'll see Belladonna, Jean-Luc and Tante Mattie...I'm hoping for Candra but she's dead I think. I thought Thompson did a fine job with Belladonna in #6. Personally I'm not really a fan of Guild story lines, but it's important to follow up on Gambit's status as King. We'll see how it turns out...
    Yea I would definitely lower your expectations. The Guild arc is only 2 issues there's only so much you can do in a 2 issue story. I'm actually a little surprised it's only 2 issues long considering all the other arcs Thompson has written have been 5 issues including the mini. I like Guild stories but I think there's a lot more potential for Gambit-centered stories or stories focused on his background/history that don't involve the Guild. The Guild is cool and all, but it shouldn't be the only possible storyline for Remy. I would really like Thompson to write a more original story or something that adds a new dimension to his character, like what she's doing with Rogue, and Rogue could be at his side during such a story acting like a big support pillar.

And I just wish we could get beyond 12 issues. When do we hear on this kind of thing anyway?
    I never want to see it end.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    And I just wish we could get beyond 12 issues. When do we hear on this kind of thing anyway?
    Sometimes Marvel doesn't even formally cancel a series. The book just doesn't show up in solicits. On the other hand, KT has been pretty open with us about everything. So, who knows
    Make Good Art

MMX had no crossover, any variants after issue 3, no big interviews with KT about second arc, no real promotion after it started.
    I don't think that Marvel tries to keep MMX alive.
    Issue 12 will arrive on June.
    I think July will be a huge X line reboot.

Maybe MMX will also be relaunched as Domino with Hotshots.

MMX had no crossover, any variants after issue 3, no big interviews with KT about second arc, no real promotion after it started.
    I think July will be a huge X line reboot

That actually makes a lot of sense. Either the book gets relaunched or hopefully they'll at least be on a team book (or different teams, I don't really care - I just want to see them on an X-Team again)
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense. Either the book gets relaunched or hopefully they'll at least be on a team book (or different teams, I don't really care - I just want to see them on an X-Team again)
    Gambit is not very lucky with developments in latest team books and usually just a wallpaper there. So I always prefer solo over team book.

I hope new line of team books will be really a team book and not hiden solo.

P. S. Taylor managed to give Gambit one of his best appearences ever in RED 11. And it was a Jean hiden solo team book.

If I am right about July reboot then we will know what is planned next on March with July solicits or new announcemets.

Gambit is not very lucky with developments in latest team books and usually just a wallpaper there. So I always prefer solo over team book.

P. S. Taylor managed to give Gambit one of his best appearences ever in RED 11. And it was a Jean hiden solo team book.
    You're not wrong, but him having nothing to do in past team books doesn't mean he shouldn't be in future team books, especially in the hands of someone who can write a team well. Personally, I've always preferred him in team books because I think he shines when he has more characters to play off of. In an ideal world, though, we'd get him in a team book and a solo but that's probably asking too much these days haha
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

I think July will be a huge X line reboot.

You may be right. The Age of X-man comic event ends at the end of June, so whatever new plans they have for the Xmen will begin in July. Whether or not MMX is part of those new plans who knows but I think the Romy relationship is safe. I really couldn't imagine them breaking them up so soon unless there's some massive reboot relaunch that resets every Marvel character's history/past. I highly doubt they're going there because what would've been the point of bringing back major characters like Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean with all those issues/stories if they were planning on just having a big reset reboot that could've brought them back anyways. Also July solicits are actually coming out in April, June solicits come out in March. So April is the latest that we would know about MMX's future.

Me neither. It's going to be heartbreaking when it does. I wish they could make these "niche" books digital only and do away with the floppy if that's what it takes to cut back on printing costs and keep the book alive.

Yeah, I hate the idea of him (and Rogue) being buried in a book with too many characters I might not care much about.

A March/April announcement for a July shake up makes a whole lot of sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Me neither. It's going to be heartbreaking when it does. I wish they could make these "niche" books digital only and do away with the floppy if that's what it takes to cut back on printing costs and keep the book alive.
    Didn't they try this not too long ago? I thought there was a book that was digital-only, but I never heard how it did
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    You may be right. The Age of X-man comic event ends at the end of June, so whatever new plans they have for the Xmen will begin in July. Whether or not MMX is part of those new plans who knows but I think the Romy relationship is safe. I really couldn't imagine them breaking them up so soon unless there's some massive reboot relaunch that resets every Marvel character's history/past. I highly doubt they're going there because what would've been the point of bringing back major characters like Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean with all those issues/stories if they were planning on just having a big reset reboot that could've brought them back anyways. Also July solicits are actually coming out in April, June solicits come out in March. So April is the latest that we would know about MMX's future.
    Yeah, I am not good with math July solicits will come out in April.

I have my insane theory. Not long ago White made voting on twitter about favourite costumes of some X characters.
    Rogue was on poll and there were no Gambit. I think it was a poll to get ideas for costume redesigns for next Uncanny relaunch #21.

According to poll and my crazy theory next Uncanny book will be with characters:
    Cyke
    Archangel
    Havok
    Iceman
    Jean
    Kurt
    Rogue
    Kitty
    Wolverine

Didn't they try this not too long ago? I thought there was a book that was digital-only, but I never heard how it did
    Kelly's Jessica Jones is digital only followed by trades. (And it's excellent by the way!) But yeah, I don't know how this model is going? I hope well because I kind of prefer it to floppies.

I wouldn't mind if they moved to a team book IF the team size was kept small. But obviously I want their duo book to go on as long as possible! It's easily at least on par with X-23 which is also a duo book.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Kelly's Jessica Jones is digital only followed by trades. (And it's excellent by the way!) But yeah, I don't know how this model is going? I hope well because I kind of prefer it to floppies.

I wouldn't mind if they moved to a team book IF the team size was kept small. But obviously I want their duo book to go on as long as possible! It's easily at least on par with X-23 which is also a duo book.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't want to go back to having Gambit and/or Rogue show up in two panels (or whatever) per issue. You just can't get as much development in a book with too many characters.

I do hope the JJ book does well. I'm all about digital + trade. Floppies just aren't practical for me, but that's obviously a personal preference.