Page 162 of 179 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2671
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Also LegoLiz, HOXPOX is doing nothing for Gambit and Rogue. They were absent from there and not even mentioned.

I really liked HOXPOX but it is not needed to catch up on Romy.
    Good to know. Was wondering if I needed it to fill in gaps so I appreciate it. I am still thinking of reading it though as it sounds like a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Good to know. Was wondering if I needed it to fill in gaps so I appreciate it. I am still thinking of reading it though as it sounds like a good story.
    It is good and with a very beautiful art.

Gambit and Rogue had a very sweet moment in Excalibur #1 today. I won't spoil it, but if you miss their moments in Mr. and Mrs. X, then I think you'll appreciate this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Gambit and Rogue had a very sweet moment in Excalibur #1 today. I won't spoil it, but if you miss their moments in Mr. and Mrs. X, then I think you'll appreciate this.
    Did we read different issues? Haha! I can’t wait to see what sweet moment they had.

My Romy expectations are set as low as possible. The art is the best part of Excalibur.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Did we read different issues? Haha! I can’t wait to see what sweet moment they had.

My Romy expectations are set as low as possible. The art is the best part of Excalibur.
    My thought exactly. Feel it the same.

If I'm honest, I was kind of disappointed with this first issue.

spoilers:
    For starters, it appears that all the work Rogue did in MMX to gain control of her powers is being either ignored or she has since regressed? But if we're honoring the presence of the inhibitor bracelet which was introduced in MMX, why are we ignoring her progress with control?! The only thing I can think is maybe control takes work and she can't always maintain control if distracted (like doing the deed) or taken by surprise? I could maybe buy that. I hope this is explained. But now she's basically fridged for several issues from blindly absorbing something she shouldn't have .... AGAIN. When will Rogue learn to be more cautious with absorbing things? And also, maybe listen to Gambit just once?

The art was gorgeous, but we knew that going in.

The dialogue felt ... off. Rogue seems oddly prickly and dismissive of Remy compared to where we were at in MMX, though they did have one sweet moment and the cat joke was funny. I didn't appreciate Remy being so hotheaded. Suspicious, YES. But he's more measured now. Given the circumstances with Rogue, I can let it go I guess. But I disliked his punch being so easily blocked by Apocalypse. Again, I suppose I can let it slide as Poccy IS powerful. But as a Gambit fan, that kind of sucked.

I am extremely confused about what WORK Rogue feels they need to get back to? And then she rapidly moves from that thought to the question of what Remy thinks about the "Make more mutants" law.

Which, that part is by far the most intriguing for me and DOES tie back to MMX. But of course we don't get to finish this conversation. And the rapid change between thoughts was profoundly strange and confusing for the reader.

So much time and space was devoted to establishing the antagonist, Morgan Le Faye, and her followers and I really just wanted to skip it.

The parts with Betsy were decent, but still kind of left me wanting something more from the dialogue. I thought it was interesting that they resurrect mutants before notifying or consulting their mutant kin. The part with Jaime was somewhat intriguing. We didn't get nearly enough Jubilee for my taste though and clearly she has some THOUGHTS. Remy's reasoning for pulling her in seemed a bit thin though. I dunno.

And I really, really don't like the data pages. I didn't in HoX/PoX and they continue to annoy me. I hate how they break up the flow of the story and just spew a bunch of information at you. Maybe put them at the end?

Overall the story was ok and very much felt like a set up issue. I'm really hoping it will improve as it goes because with this cast I should and WANT to love it!

As for what's up with Rogue, I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if this is all just to set her up with some new magical powers ... which it probably is.

And I continue to be annoyed by all these HoX/PoX/DoX books that no continuity from AoXM or UXM is getting mentioned or acknowledged. At least we've seen a little of MMX get acknowledged, I guess? I really hope that's just all coming down the road. For a seasoned reader who was enjoying those titles, this hard reset feels very jarring.

I am extremely happy to have this new cohesion between books, but not at the expense of completely trashing previous continuity. It makes those stories feel like they didn't even count. There were some big character developments and emotional impacts in MMX and AoXM for all of this cast. So again, I hope it's coming!

What alarms me the most is that I enjoyed the story in Marauders, with characters I am much less interested in, more than this story. And I love fantasy and science fiction. So what is going on?
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

I agree with Purp...we three are kindred spirits over here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

spoilers:
    For starters, it appears that all the work Rogue did in MMX to gain control of her powers is being either ignored or she has since regressed? But if we're honoring the presence of the inhibitor bracelet which was introduced in MMX, why are we ignoring her progress with control?! The only thing I can think is maybe control takes work and she can't always maintain control if distracted (like doing the deed) or taken by surprise? I could maybe buy that. I hope this is explained. But now she's basically fridged for several issues from blindly absorbing something she shouldn't have .... AGAIN. When will Rogue learn to be more cautious with absorbing things? And also, maybe listen to Gambit just once?

The dialogue felt ... off. Rogue seems oddly prickly and dismissive of Remy compared to where we were at in MMX, though they did have one sweet moment and the cat joke was funny. I didn't appreciate Remy being so hotheaded. Suspicious, YES. But he's more measured now. Given the circumstances with Rogue, I can let it go I guess. But I disliked his punch being so easily blocked by Apocalypse. Again, I suppose I can let it slide as Poccy IS powerful. But as a Gambit fan, that kind of sucked.

I am extremely confused about what WORK Rogue feels they need to get back to? And then she rapidly moves from that thought to the question of what Remy thinks about the "Make more mutants" law.

Which, that part is by far the most intriguing for me and DOES tie back to MMX. But of course we don't get to finish this conversation. And the rapid change between thoughts was profoundly strange and confusing for the reader.

So much time and space was devoted to establishing the antagonist, Morgan Le Faye, and her followers and I really just wanted to skip it.

The parts with Betsy were decent, but still kind of left me wanting something more from the dialogue. I thought it was interesting that they resurrect mutants before notifying or consulting their mutant kin. The part with Jaime was somewhat intriguing. We didn't get nearly enough Jubilee for my taste though and clearly she has some THOUGHTS. Remy's reasoning for pulling her in seemed a bit thin though. I dunno.

And I really, really don't like the data pages. I didn't in HoX/PoX and they continue to annoy me. I hate how they break up the flow of the story and just spew a bunch of information at you. Maybe put them at the end?

Overall the story was ok and very much felt like a set up issue. I'm really hoping it will improve as it goes because with this cast I should and WANT to love it!

As for what's up with Rogue, I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if this is all just to set her up with some new magical powers ... which it probably is.

And I continue to be annoyed by all these HoX/PoX/DoX books that no continuity from AoXM or UXM is getting mentioned or acknowledged. At least we've seen a little of MMX get acknowledged, I guess? I really hope that's just all coming down the road. For a seasoned reader who was enjoying those titles, this hard reset feels very jarring.

I am extremely happy to have this new cohesion between books, but not at the expense of completely trashing previous continuity. It makes those stories feel like they didn't even count. There were some big character developments and emotional impacts in MMX and AoXM for all of this cast. So again, I hope it's coming!

What alarms me the most is that I enjoyed the story in Marauders, with characters I am much less interested in, more than this story. And I love fantasy and science fiction. So what is going on?
    end of spoilers
    YES to all this! Especially your first point! I am so confused and really frustrated by it.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Huge post of truth.

Indeed we are... Gambit and Rogue had a tender looking moment ruined by dialog…
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Everything will be good, freinds Maybe next issue, relaunch or only after Romy MCU debut. Only time will tell but everything will be good.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Indeed we are... Gambit and Rogue had a tender looking moment ruined by dialog…
    Seriously! Why is Rogue being so damn frosty?!

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Everything will be good, freinds Maybe next issue, relaunch or only after Romy MCU debut. Only time will tell but everything will be good.
    Thank you! I actually needed that hug!

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Seriously! Why is Rogue being so damn frosty?!
    Right? What is this important work she needs to get back to? Aren’t they all happy in paradise? Gambit’s putting on all the moves and she’s all unromantic and seems to only be willing to get down and dirty to make more mutants since it’s the law (and part of the job I guess). Girl! What's up!

A little bit of slightly NSFW fanart. It's good! But afraid to post it here as a pic

https://i.redd.it/pibawphifkv31.jpg