Page 163 of 179 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2671

And now it seems we must wait until issue 5 to maybe start resolving some of the questions about Rogue's demeanor and her train of thought? As if we haven't already waited 3 months just to see them on page again! But ... ok ... if there's anything a Romy fan can be, it's infinitely patient I guess.

I just hope we can see Remy shine these next several issues and not be a beating post or the butt of jokes.

And you're right, if this series doesn't pan out there's always something new down the line ... or I guess fan fic. I'm not giving up on it yet! Maybe it's just a shakey start and it will pick up as it goes.

Seriously though Rogue, after all the trouble from absorbing the Hectacomb, not to mention numerous other aliens and super beings that wreaked absolute havoc with your powers, why the hell would you be dismissive of Remy telling you anything Apocalypse suggests is probably not in your best interest?!

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    A little bit of slightly NSFW fanart. It's good! But afraid to post it here as a pic

https://i.redd.it/pibawphifkv31.jpg
    Oh yeah, that was posted a while back. Bless you, Kris Anka.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Dang, I haven't been able to pick up my copy yet, but it's disappointing to hear the mixed reviews here. Not what I was hoping. Hopefully this is just a "blah" first issue and the rest will be great!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    And now it seems we must wait until issue 5 to maybe start resolving some of the questions about Rogue's demeanor and her train of thought? As if we haven't already waited 3 months just to see them on page again! But ... ok ... if there's anything a Romy fan can be, it's infinitely patient I guess.

I just hope we can see Remy shine these next several issues and not be a beating post or the butt of jokes.

And you're right, if this series doesn't pan out there's always something new down the line ... or I guess fan fic. I'm not giving up on it yet! Maybe it's just a shakey start and it will pick up as it goes.

Seriously though Rogue, after all the trouble from absorbing the Hectacomb, not to mention numerous other aliens and super beings that wreaked absolute havoc with your powers, why the hell would you be dismissive of Remy telling you anything Apocalypse suggests is probably not in your best interest?!
    because DUMB. Is why!

Ugh. So... annoyed right now. I'll pick up the floppy today and give it another go but man... I just didn't feel Rogue in this. OR Gambit. I want the Romy we left off with in MMX #12 to come back. Not these silhouettes.

Also, AMEN to your Spoilers post. I'm just going to not expect anything at all out of Excalibur when it comes to Rogue and Gambit. It bums me out that all of their beautiful scenes was ruined by their dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

"Make more mutants" doesn't sound like a throwaway line to me, I think that's leading somewhere...

We'll see how Gambit turns out in the next few issues, Rogue might need to wait a little while, but there is some prelim art showing her riding horses in a dream sequence? (so it seems).

I thought overall the story was pretty good. The team is just forming.

Astonishing Member

Huh... edit stupid spoiler tags
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 10-30-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Trying this again...

spoilers:
    I thought the work line was more tongue in cheek. Like ‘I’m more interested in ‘work’, what do you think of ‘working’ on that third law? *wink, wink*. I could be wrong obviously, but that’s how I read it at first.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    "Make more mutants" doesn't sound like a throwaway line to me, I think that's leading somewhere...

We'll see how Gambit turns out in the next few issues, Rogue might need to wait a little while, but there is some prelim art showing her riding horses in a dream sequence? (so it seems).

I thought overall the story was pretty good. The team is just forming.
    For sure. And yes, it's far too soon to tell. I just felt so deflated after reading Gambit and Rogue's exchange. The art was so promising and their conversation did not match the scenes for me. GOD BLESS MARCUS TO though. I love him.

Rogue is elsewhere in those scenes... she's definitely got something on her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought the ‘work’ line was more tongue in cheek. Like ‘I’m more interested in ‘work’ what do you think about ‘working’ on that third law? *wink, wink* I could be wrong obviously, but that’s what thought when I read it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This thought comforts me a tad BUT she wasn't interested in "working" in the earlier scene so not sure that's how it was meant to be taken

AND ALSO WHAT NEWLY WED GOES TO PARADISE WITHOUT THE "ABILITY" TO HAVE SEX (since apparently she suddenly doesn't have "control")

I mean, is that really Rogue's idea of PARADISE?

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Trying this again...

spoilers:
    I thought the work line was more tongue in cheek. Like ‘I’m more interested in ‘work’, what do you think of ‘working’ on that third law? *wink, wink*. I could be wrong obviously, but that’s how I read it at first.
    end of spoilers
    Could be and I certainly hope so! It didn't land that way for me even after a reread, but that would make more sense for sure. Let's pretend at least that's what was meant. Because I want to like this series so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Could be and I certainly hope so! It didn't land that way for me even after a reread, but that would make more sense for sure. Let's pretend at least that's what was meant. Because I want to like this series so bad.
    Let's be honest though, AJ, a few panels before this indicates the opposite.

New Tini Howard interview...

https://www.newsarama.com/47649-dawn...excalibur.html

Nrama: For the rest of the line-up, you’ve got Gambit, Rictor, Rogue, Jubilee, and Apocalypse. How do these mutants all fit together?

Howard: There are obvious questions already at play surrounding the cast - what of Jubilee's human baby? Will Rogue and Gambit make more mutants? And Rictor - we'll get to him. You'll see him when you see him. His is a journey I've wanted to see him on since I was just a reader and fan - it's a great feeling to bring him through it.

It's a great feeling to bring these characters together and have them share a meaningful journey, while giving them each a role and a path. Sometimes in my head it's like D&D, and I'm DMing for them.

Rogue is so emotionless

compare to R&G

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Rogue is so emotionless
    Her cat eye is on point tho

As for her making more mutants being a plot point according to Tini’s interview, not sure how it’s a question if she’s being written frigid as hell with a backwards trajectory on her power control ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 10-30-2019 at 11:20 AM.

I finally read it, and it was a big 'meh' for me so I guess I am in the same boat as most of you guys.
    The team, the premise, the art, all sound great on paper but after reading it I find myself quite uninterested in all of it.
    There are so many little things in the writing that I find odd, to say the least. The conversations between the characters seem contrived and unnatural, whether it was Betsy talking with her brother or that strange scene with Rogue and Gambit in the beach... it felt forced and out of character.
    And what's the deal with Rogue's powers???
    First issues are usually the hardest to make, so let's hope the next ones are better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    New Tini Howard interview...

https://www.newsarama.com/47649-dawn...excalibur.html

Nrama: For the rest of the line-up, you’ve got Gambit, Rictor, Rogue, Jubilee, and Apocalypse. How do these mutants all fit together?

Howard: There are obvious questions already at play surrounding the cast - what of Jubilee's human baby? Will Rogue and Gambit make more mutants? And Rictor - we'll get to him. You'll see him when you see him. His is a journey I've wanted to see him on since I was just a reader and fan - it's a great feeling to bring him through it.

It's a great feeling to bring these characters together and have them share a meaningful journey, while giving them each a role and a path. Sometimes in my head it's like D&D, and I'm DMing for them.
    I DO like that these are the questions she's thinking about for these particular characters and maybe it's somewhat a case of getting Tini's style of dialogue down? I'm not sure my takeaway is the one that has been intended here?

There does seem to be a disconnect of continuity from where MMX left off though, both in technical terms and in emotional character development. Is that intentional? Will it be explained? *scratches head*