Page 165 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2671

X-Men: The Animated Series actress Lenore Zann once again voices Rogue on the X-Reads Podcast:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...reads-podcast/

Lenore Zann has the best voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    X-Men: The Animated Series actress Lenore Zann once again voices Rogue on the X-Reads Podcast:

Thanks for sharing Nox! I REALLY want to give this a listen!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

That's so cool! I'll have to listen ASAP
    Make Good Art

Did anyone see Rogue in Captain Marvel in issues earlier this year (just catching up now)? What'd you think of how they used the character?

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Did anyone see Rogue in Captain Marvel in issues earlier this year (just catching up now)? What'd you think of how they used the character?
    I, for one, was disgusted. The Nuclear man uses Rogue as a mind-controlled tool against Carol, then when Rogue breaks free and N Man is defeated, ends up GROVELING an unnecessary apology. Then to add insult to injury, Carol only gives credit for Rogue being the major reason N Man was defeated BEHIND ROGUE'S BACK.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    I actually really liked the uneasy alliance and emotional turmoil between them. I thought that part was really well done. Rogue is clearly more powerful in this instance, but would rather die than play the villain again and Carol has to trust Rogue and relive one of her worst traumas in order to defeat nuclear man. I would have liked a little more from their exchange at the end, though reading between the lines between what is and isn't said, Rogue is being self-deprecating and that doesn't make it true that Carol made her a hero so much as that it's her perception on the matter. I think we know that ultimately it was Rogue who made that choice herself. Also, it's Carol's book, not Rogue's. So while I wanted more focus on Rogue (always) that would have been out of place.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 11-10-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Another thing that frustrated me in this is the Nuclear man did evil in Carol's name by implying he was Carol to lured Rogue so he could Rogue as a weapon against Carol. I feel Carol should have been the one giving the apology to Rogue here instead of the other way around. In this situation, Rogue was the innocent put at risk by the misuse of Carol's name. It's Carol's reputation and she needs to be responsible for it. Carol should have had the attitude towards Rogue like Steve Rogers had after that Hydra quagmire.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also didn't really understand why Rogue was the one apologising in the end, felt like a bit of overkill on the 'captain marvel is the greatest' schtick (even if it is captain marvel's book)

Got to say....I enjoyed Excalibur but I’m super irritated by the handling of Rogue/Gambit. I’m collecting this title specifically for them. Tini has a fantastic reference for them in Mr and MrsX yet they came off as so stale in this issue. It’s early so got to give them a chance to catch steam but still....not the most promising start if you are a Gambit Rogue fan. Now it seems like Rogue is going to be on the shelf for a bit after just being on the shelf for the entirety of HOX......Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Got to say....I enjoyed Excalibur but I’m super irritated by the handling of Rogue/Gambit. I’m collecting this title specifically for them. Tini has a fantastic reference for them in Mr and MrsX yet they came off as so stale in this issue. It’s early so got to give them a chance to catch steam but still....not the most promising start if you are a Gambit Rogue fan. Now it seems like Rogue is going to be on the shelf for a bit after just being on the shelf for the entirety of HOX......Lame.
    It's sad. Inside of 2 years, Rogue goes from being the leader of an Avengers group to now being a vegetable! I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason Rogue is on the shelf is not to take any attention from the "New and improved" Psylocke. History repeats itself. The same thing happened 30 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    to be fair this was just the first issue and what needs to be done is for a foundation to be built to set the stage for what the book is about. Psylocke and Apocalypse are core to that concept and therefore needed the most focus. Rogue and Gambit really have little to do with magic and Britain lore. It'll be interesting to see why they are even in this book as they'd be easier fits elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    to be fair this was just the first issue and what needs to be done is for a foundation to be built to set the stage for what the book is about. Psylocke and Apocalypse are core to that concept and therefore needed the most focus. Rogue and Gambit really have little to do with magic and Britain lore. It'll be interesting to see why they are even in this book as they'd be easier fits elsewhere
    It is early so I’m willing to give Tini a chance because the atmosphere and setting is great. I do love the magic feel of it. However like you said, I’m not sure if Rogue and Gambit even fit in there. I honestly feel that they would have been a better fit in Xforce with the darker grittier more down to earth feel of that title. What hurts as well is that I read Mr and Mrs X basically in one sitting straight through right as soon as HOX was starting so that title is still fresh in my head as far as Gambit and Rogue are concerned.

I’m just praying that they aren’t in this title just for sales and that Tini actually has a plan to make them important members in this title. She has to do a better job of writing them. The characterizations were just a bit off . I mean Gambit being angry at Apoc just seemed so juvenile the way it was handled. I mean you have Gambit, a seasoned deadly X-man who’s been through countless battles attempting to hurt apocalypse with.....a punch. Come on....

Ok, I know a lot if us were discouraged by the first issue and feel there's a lot of work needed to get these characters to the place where we left them in MMX. But it's only a first issue and so there's time and room for improvements to happen. I'm still excited for the preview this week, I'm just massively adjusting my expectations.

Anyway, this interview was pretty good: https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...inkId=76660841

I still won't be super happy if it takes us 4 more issues to get a conscious Rogue again. Maybe whatever happens in her dreamscape will make up for it? I can only hope. I do hope this gives Gambit an opportunity to have some meaningful panel time and interactions with his teammates though. (Please don't let this next issue be a let down.)

They were written bad in first issue. This is the main problem. Not focus.

The same amount of panels can be used so fans would want more. Excalibur is definitely not that case for Gambit and Rogue fans.

It'll be interesting to see why they are even in this book as they'd be easier fits elsewhere
    My thoughts too