Page 17 of 179 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Gambit is NOT feeling it.
    79DA3EE8-A6FE-4F70-A98E-0E5112C4C155.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Oh man, this cover tease has me super curious! Definitely not looking amused!

Huh. Yeah he's not looking too thrilled...

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Those eyebrows are EVERYTHING

So all the covers are going to be done by Dodson, that's disappointing. Most books switch the cover artist every once in a while, I don't know why we are stuck with the same guy for all 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    So all the covers are going to be done by Dodson, that's disappointing. Most books switch the cover artist every once in a while, I don't know why we are stuck with the same guy for all 12 issues.
    I like idea of one artist for all covers. But I am just not a fan of Dodson covers. #3, 7 and 10 covers are almost the same.
    Anka was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah, I am not good with math July solicits will come out in April.

I have my insane theory. Not long ago White made voting on twitter about favourite costumes of some X characters.
    Rogue was on poll and there were no Gambit. I think it was a poll to get ideas for costume redesigns for next Uncanny relaunch #21.

According to poll and my crazy theory next Uncanny book will be with characters:
    Cyke
    Archangel
    Havok
    Iceman
    Jean
    Kurt
    Rogue
    Kitty
    Wolverine
    I don't think that will be the team, Marvel has been in SJW-mode for quite a while and that team has too many white men, just three women and not a single POC, no way it's happening.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Agreed. A little variety would be nice
    Make Good Art

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I like idea of one artist for all covers. But I am just not a fan of Dodson covers. #3, 7 and 10 covers are almost the same.
    Anka was much better.
    Anka also gave us Gambit’s junk of full display so... really not even a contest But honestly, Akna has a fun vibe - his work on Runaways made me such a massive fan. His fine details to even Chase’s hairstyles - just really wonderful stuff. Dodson has a unique look, I always know it’s him when I see any drawing, but he only excels of females while his men tend to look the same (and usually unflattering). Anka makes everyone look sexy as fuck.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Anka also gave us Gambit’s junk of full display so... really not even a contest But honestly, Akna has a fun vibe - his work on Runaways made me such a massive fan. His fine details to even Chase’s hairstyles - just really wonderful stuff. Dodson has a unique look, I always know it’s him when I see any drawing, but he only excels of females while his men tend to look the same (and usually unflattering). Anka makes everyone look sexy as fuck.
    Anka is indeed great. I love his style.

I actually think Dodson's women all look the same haha Don't get me wrong, his Rogue is gorgeous but I swear I've seen him use that same face for a bunch of DC covers
    Make Good Art

I hope #12 is a kissing cover. We have 11 main cover without a kiss for a book about new married couple.

The Dodsons are a very talented artistic team, and they clearly have a style that the Big 2 like (presumably, it sells) so you absolutely do get the "Doll" version of their women especially, where the hairstyles and outfits change, but the faces look roughly the same. Back in the Gen X days there was much more disparity between the faces and overall "style" of characters, so it's almost certainly coming from the publishers.

(None of the above is a value judgement - get paid!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    hmmm maybe Terry should try someone else to color the art. Because there's actual emotion and detail in this drawing. Usually I don't like the Dodson's art

Both the Dodsons and Anka can be hit or miss for me. But I could say that for almost any artist with only a few exceptions. I really loved the MMX #6 cover and the R&G #3 covers.

I can see where if the artist isn't working for you wanting more variety, but at the same time I really dislike it when artists are changed every single book in a series (looking at you Astonishing 2018 1-12). For me, that feels really disruptive even though generally I do like variety on art. Ideally I'd love to keep the same artists (interior and exterior) through the same story arc and swap when arcs change. Pick artists that best suit the style and energy of a given arc, but also give readers some variety and a break in case the art isn't hitting them.

If MMX does get more issues I'd love to see Pere Perez come back! He has been my favorite for balancing action with great detail and emotion. Also his layouts are so creative and energetic.

I do like the idea of change...but sometimes it backfires (X-treme X-Men, anyone?).