Page 170 of 179 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2671

I thought Rogue was supposed to be pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I thought Rogue was supposed to be pregnant?
    I mean, she could be or could totally not be. Anything you've heard would have been pure speculation at this point. But it is true, having children has been been a topic of conversation between Rogue and Gambit on panel as recent as the last issue of MMX and first issue of Excalibur. So ... maybe? *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I mean, she could be or could totally not be. Anything you've heard would have been pure speculation at this point. But it is true, having children has been been a topic of conversation between Rogue and Gambit on panel as recent as the last issue of MMX and first issue of Excalibur. So ... maybe? *shrugs*
    I read Excalibur #2 again and much like the first issue, I did enjoy it more the second time around. One issue I still have is Gambit and Rogue though. Everything else got better with an additional read through except them. That panel where Rogue tells Gambit about law #3 was so lifeless. There was no emotion from them at all. The dialogue just fell flat and it should be been this nice moment between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I read Excalibur #2 again and much like the first issue, I did enjoy it more the second time around. One issue I still have is Gambit and Rogue though. Everything else got better with an additional read through except them. That panel where Rogue tells Gambit about law #3 was so lifeless. There was no emotion from them at all. The dialogue just fell flat and it should be been this nice moment between the two.
    I agree Rogue looks very contemplate/distracted in several of those panels. It doesn't match up entirely for me with light banter or sweetness but the dialogue doesn't fit for emotional intensity really either. It's sort of disconnected somehow, especially compared to this discussion happening at the end of MMX which starts with teasing banter and turns intense and sweet and emotional.

I agree Rogue looks very contemplate/distracted in several of those panels. It doesn't match up entirely for me with light banter or sweetness but the dialogue doesn't fit for emotional intensity really either. It's sort of disconnected somehow, especially compared to this discussion happening at the end of MMX which starts with teasing banter and turns intense and sweet and emotional.
    I think As fans we might have to let go of MMX. I’m not sure if the couple will ever reach those heights again in terms of characterization. It was lighting in a bottle and it might be the best we ever get. Comparing anything to that in regards to Gambit/Rogue will always leave people feeling empty. I have stated this before about Tini. She’s been gifted a great fan friendly cast and beautiful themes/settings. I just wonder at times if she will be the one to take advantage of that.

I do believe that Excalibur as a whole has been criticized too harshly. That’s coming from someone who’s had issues with the book. I mean I hear some saying that it’s the worst DOX title and Ranking X-men Ahead of it. I know I know, to each their own....but damn X-men over Excalibur??

I think As fans we might have to let go of MMX. I’m not sure if the couple will ever reach those heights again in terms of characterization. It was lighting in a bottle and it might be the best we ever get. Comparing anything to that in regards to Gambit/Rogue will always leave people feeling empty. I have stated this before about Tini. She’s been gifted a great fan friendly cast and beautiful themes/settings. I just wonder at times if she will be the one to take advantage of that.

I do believe that Excalibur as a whole has been criticized too harshly. That’s coming from someone who’s had issues with the book. I mean I hear some saying that it’s the worst DOX title and Ranking X-men Ahead of it. I know I know, to each their own....but damn X-men over Excalibur??
    Yeah I wouldn't agree with that ranking either, though I think quite a lot comes down to what a person values most in a comic as to how one ranks the books.

For me, the interactions and dialogue of characters is almost as, if not more, important than the overall plot. I care less about what they are doing than why and how they are doing it, if that makes sense? I want their motivation, their emotions, their perspective, and their relationships on full display. I care much less about what world they get dropped into, so long as what they're doing while there makes sense.

I love KTs take on Romy - she rescued and resuscitated them when they were all but dead. But she didn't write the book on them for me. I liked their dynamic long before she got them - under CC, Nicieza, Asmsus, and some other writers ... yes even Carey here and there.

I think Tini really has the chops to do them right and even likes their dynamic ... it just isn't coming through the page. Maybe because she's not focused on that? Or needs more background and experience? Maybe dialogue isn't her strong suit? Or she just doesn't have their voices down yet?

I really want to give her a chance though. There's still time to save it.

I had my issues with parts of MMX as well. I don't think Gambit was always served as well as he could have been. He was perfect in the last two issues, and I desperately wanted another six issues with THAT Gambit, but there were stretches where I felt Rogue was the star of the book.

I don't think my issues with Excalibur are unique to that book. Across the line, I'm enjoying the plots, themes, and... audacity for the most part, but almost everyone feels out of character to me.

Ayup. When I was reading those panels, I was wondering since when Gambit and Rogue would care so much about living by the laws. I mean, why would they ever shape their lives by some random law that her brother came up with? If anything, they'd joke about Kurt wanting niblings and get on with their lives.

Again, that gets to my issue with the books. The characters are being written as concepts, not people. Kurt is representing purity or piety or something, so he can pronounce laws as if he's an angel coming down to write on a stone tablet. But - on a character, relationship level - why would his sister and brother-in-law take them so seriously?

Also, wouldn't Gambit be extremely suspicious that Sinister was involved in the laws? (Even though we're randomly getting campy Gillen Sinister, which is not my favorite characterization of him, but which Hickman seems to adore.)
    Last edited by DearMachine; 11-26-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I wonder if it goes deeper. I finally caught up on HOX/POX this morning (work has been insane the last few months), and I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me appreciates how coldly brilliant and high concept it is. It is an amazing intellectual achievement on Hickman's part. But I don't think I recognized a single damn character in it. Everyone felt like these stiff puppets that he moved around and that acted out rituals of a new world and that talked about ideology and philosophy in the most abstract terms. You could have replaced every single character with OCs and not affected any part of the story.

So, yeah, I think Marvel is going for concept over character with the X-Men at the moment, and it makes me sad.
    thats a common sentiment which has unfortunately bled into his X-men ongoing. Hickman just isnt good at scripting despite being a great plotter.

Just 4 more days to submit theme suggestions for Rogue and Gambit week.

http://roguegambitweek.tumblr.com

Just 4 more days to submit theme suggestions for Rogue and Gambit week.

http://roguegambitweek.tumblr.com
    Should I send sketch or full work? Or may I just a desription of picture for now?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Should I send sketch or full work? Or may I just a desription of picture for now?
    Right now they are just asking for theme ideas, for instance "cards" or "cats" or "rooftop scene" etc. It's pretty open ended. That goes through Nov. 30th.

Once themes are submitted, people can vote on which themes they'd most like to see used.

Then in February, people can submit fanworks such as art and/or fanfic that has something to do with the winning themes.

Right now they are just asking for theme ideas, for instance "cards" or "cats" or "rooftop scene" etc. It's pretty open ended. That goes through Nov. 30th.

Once themes are submitted, people can vote on which themes they'd most like to see used.

Then in February, people can submit fanworks such as art and/or fanfic that has something to do with the winning themes.
    "Prompts can be specifically related to Rogue/Gambit (playing cards, flight, cats, etc.) or something more general (AU, time travel, domesticity, cuddling, etc.). Be creative. Think about themes you’d like to work with or something you’d like to see how others interpret."

There, that's a better description. Can't wait to see what ideas people come up with!

Hmmm, so read New Mutants today. And it's weird that I'm responding so much more to these characters and this storyline than Excalibur, same writer as HoX/PoX and everything, when none of these characters are particularly favorites of mine. But the dialogue flows better and the plot is more character driven with lots of great character beats. And we have the return of a certain MMX character I was so excited to see! Also we get two characters that are parents and still very much active parts of a superhero team. So that was also pretty satisfying to me given all the naysayers against superhero parents. But anyway ... Next week, those little gray twins that totally in no way have anything to do with Gambit and Rogue whatsoever will appear.

New Mutants is the stand-out for me, the best book. X-Force is another that I quite like.
    Excalibur comes out next week, I know some preview drawings from To a while back had Rogue in a dream sequence (I think), hopefully it'll come up in #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    New Mutants is the stand-out for me, the best book. X-Force is another that I quite like.
    Excalibur comes out next week, I know some preview drawings from To a while back had Rogue in a dream sequence (I think), hopefully it'll come up in #3.
    You know, the dream sequences were a highlight of the last issue for me, so hopefully if we do get one for Rogue it will give us a better idea of what's going on with her.

But I'm absolutely lowering my expectations. It might help me enjoy the book more, since I had none for Marauders or New Mutants and I'm liking those.

Oh, thanks.
    My idea is to draw Gambit and Rogue faces in the middle. On the top of pic is wedding scene as the best thing that happened to them and at the bottom is Antarctica scene.