Page 18 of 179 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

6B48B3E7-2768-47D4-B02C-204530A32677.jpg

It’s been forever! How is issue 8 still sooooo far off? **more whining**

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post

I keep feeling like it should be out already, but we still have two more weeks to go. I guess it's the price of the holiday schedule....

I also just want the X-books to settle down into some semblance of a regular publication schedule, with Rogue and Gambit on teams. I can't work up any excitement for Age of X-Man, though maybe I will like it more when I read it. I don't get it as a move for the line at all.

I KNOW!!! It's been so quiet here too. It was so nice when 6 & 7 were close together, but now we're paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I keep feeling like it should be out already, but we still have two more weeks to go. I guess it's the price of the holiday schedule....

I also just want the X-books to settle down into some semblance of a regular publication schedule, with Rogue and Gambit on teams. I can't work up any excitement for Age of X-Man, though maybe I will like it more when I read it. I don't get it as a move for the line at all.
    The alpha preview was sort of intriguing ... maybe I'll give it a go? Hard to get excited for books that aren't Rogue and Gambit, but maybe. The concept seems fun. But I am SO glad Rogue and Gambit aren't in it. They are still so new in their marriage it would have been bad to put them in such a major shake up.

Still ... seems like everyone on the board is ready to see new teams formed and kind of looking past Age of X-Man.

Thoughts on teams? I do hope we see them interact with Cyclops and Woverine!

I was thinking it would be kind of fun to see Rogue and Gambit with two small, separate but coordinating teams. They need time to operate apart, but also a reason to appear together on the regular, especially if MMX ends (please don't!).

It would also be a hoot if they were in charge of apprenticing some of the teens and having to deal with all their drama on top of the regular superhero problems.

On yet another topic, did anyone else see the Black Widow movie is getting an R-rating?! Gives me some hope for a decent Gambit movie down the line maybe.

The rated R Black Widow film is news to me. Makes me wonder if they'll keep future Deadpool films rated R.

I'm not sure what to expect when the X-men join the MCU. I don't think the Tatum film will get made, and we have no idea what Feige is thinking since he needs to stay mum until everything is signed on the dotted line. I do hope they remember the results of that popularity Twitter poll: #6 & 8 are decent numbers.

Astonishing Member

I think th R rated Black Widow movie is still a rumor (because honestly, they could do a PG-13 spy movie just fine.). I also wonder what Fiege is thinking with the XCU...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I think th R rated Black Widow movie is still a rumor (because honestly, they could do a PG-13 spy movie just fine.). I also wonder what Fiege is thinking with the XCU...
    I mean they could, but apparently the rumor is they want to compete with Birds of Prey, which is apparently rated for R? Though really any R movie could be cut for PG-13 if done cleverly. I have a feeling we'll have a good fat wait to get X-Men in the MCU.

Is anyone here reading Captain Marvel? Rogue is slated to appear in #4 and she looks like maybe an alternate version of herself? Or something? But she and Carol are fighting on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I mean they could, but apparently the rumor is they want to compete with Birds of Prey, which is apparently rated for R? Though really any R movie could be cut for PG-13 if done cleverly. I have a feeling we'll have a good fat wait to get X-Men in the MCU.

Is anyone here reading Captain Marvel? Rogue is slated to appear in #4 and she looks like maybe an alternate version of herself? Or something? But she and Carol are fighting on the cover.
    I think KT told that it is 616 Rogue. Not sure, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I may have to give in and try it.

Soooo . . . . X-Men Monday!!!

Incredible Member

So I’m leaving it up to my LCS gods. I don’t really like Carol but I get KT books, so I go and they added it to my pull list I’ll read it. If not, I’ll skip until issue 4. Seems logical.

So I’m leaving it up to my LCS gods. I don’t really like Carol but I get KT books, so I go and they added it to my pull list I’ll read it. If not, I’ll skip until issue 4. Seems logical.
    LOL. Totally logical. Is #1 out? I'll probably give it a try. I'll definitely read #4 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I may have to give in and try it.

Soooo . . . . X-Men Monday!!!
    I am. A lot of dialogue. The next issue comes out on Feb 13.(Same day as Mr. and Mrs. X.) The next issue, the bad guy is supposed to take over Roosevelt Island. There is a real Roosevelt Island in New York. It's sandwiched between Manhattan and Queens. (Queens is where Archie Bunker lived. I watched All in the Family when I was in grade school in the 1970's.) Here's some information on Roosevelt Island.
    HTTP://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosevelt_ Island
    One interesting thing about Roosevelt Island is that the 59th Street bridge passes right over it. (That's the Bridge from the Simon and Garfunkel song "59th Street Bridge song (feeling groovy)" and was featured in the 2002 Spiderman movie.) I am not sure how far Rogue and Gambit's apartment is to Roosevelt Island.
    Now some information about the bad guy Carol is dealing with. Mahkizo, the Nuclear Man. He has a will weakening ray. I'm thinking that's how he may manipulate Rogue.
    HTTP://comicvine.gamespot.com/mahkizmo/4005-12629/
    HTTP://www.writeups.org/mahkizmo-mar...s-nuclear-man/
    This character was introduced in 1974 and only been in 18 Marvel issues since then, the last time in 2006.
    Last edited by mikeb; 01-28-2019 at 04:45 PM.

IMG_20190128_210905.jpg

X-Men Monday from KT on Twitter!

Incredible Member

That’s not how you end a handshake.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

IMG_20190128_210905.jpg

X-Men Monday from KT on Twitter!
    I know he’s from Louisiana but that ass is 100% Georgia peach

That’s not how you end a handshake.
    Maybe it's how you start one? I'm not clear on the rules. Now is this a new Gambit move?! Did he charge his punch?!

Also, LMAO PeachFlavor!