Page 19 of 179 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    That’s not how you end a handshake.
    LOL!

I don't recall seeing him charge up a punch before...it would be a cool evolution of his powers if it's new.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Attachment 77735

X-Men Monday from KT on Twitter!
    Cool! Almost Johnny Cage's Nut Punch

Maybe it's how you start one? I'm not clear on the rules. Now is this a new Gambit move?! Did he charge his punch?!
    It sure looks like it.

I didn't think he was able to transfer charge in that way anymore, since Sinister gave him a lobotomy. It will be interesting to see how the mechanics work.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    It sure looks like it.

I didn't think he was able to transfer charge in that way anymore, since Sinister gave him a lobotomy. It will be interesting to see how the mechanics work.
    Faiza Hussein restored his brain in the Asmus solo after he was shot dead.

Also no reason he can't charge the air around him as air particles have mass.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'll admit that I lost interest in the pair long ago. But the beginning of it was quite fun.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-01-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Incredible Member

We have finally made it to the same month as mmx 8. Great job everyone.

Man, even when they're pages I've read a million times, I still just melt when Remy puts the moves on. The intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'll admit that I lost interest in the pair long ago. But the beginning of it was quite fun.

I have always LOVED that she is low key totally flipping him off in this panel and that it got by the sensors of that time. And the fact Gambit can take a punch right to the face and still be totally into it!

I have always LOVED that she is low key totally flipping him off in this panel and that it got by the sensors of that time. And the fact Gambit can take a punch right to the face and still be totally into it!
    omg that absolutely KILLS me. Ha ha ha ha. What is it about seeing our beloved heroes being vulgar or "offensive" that makes me laugh so damn hard. ha ha ha. Humanizing and humorous I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post

Valid. I have to admit that I forget about Gambit's brain being restored, because no writer has done anything with it since.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Valid. I have to admit that I forget about Gambit's brain being restored, because no writer has done anything with it since.
    Kelly has mentioned she wants to do something with his powers maybe? Probably not so dramatic as what's happening with Rogue I'd assume, but I'm hoping she has something clever up her sleeve! Really any writer could run with it. And he did seem a little surprised at how extra he blew up Deadpool. So maybe?

Did you ever read Spasticat's fanfic "In Between"? Because his power surge from the 2012 solo is a major (and hilarious) plot point. It was a great read, really creative.

Kelly has mentioned she wants to do something with his powers maybe? Probably not so dramatic as what's happening with Rogue I'd assume, but I'm hoping she has something clever up her sleeve! Really any writer could run with it. And he did seem a little surprised at how extra he blew up Deadpool. So maybe?

Did you ever read Spasticat's fanfic "In Between"? Because his power surge from the 2012 solo is a major (and hilarious) plot point. It was a great read, really creative.
    Spas is cool. I miss her here.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Spas is cool. I miss her here.
    Me too! I never really got to interact with her and I think we'd be great pals. And I love both of her fanfics.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    omg that absolutely KILLS me. Ha ha ha ha. What is it about seeing our beloved heroes being vulgar or "offensive" that makes me laugh so damn hard. ha ha ha. Humanizing and humorous I suppose.
    And honestly it is SO Rogue! I don't doubt for a minute that she would flip someone the bird or cuss them out and really he totally deserved it for blowing her up.

I mean they were both being jerks if we're honest. He's getting all up in her space and cheating to show off. And she is being overly testy about it and a total sore loser. The sexual tension is off the charts in this scene.

And people seem to miss - She is smiling her face off right before he goes to kiss her. It's only when he takes it too far that she decks him. And even after she pummels him, he shrugs it off and still asks her out and she still accepts. The nuance of this scene seems to be missed so often.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post

XD XD XD XD XD NOOOOOOOOOO.

That's how his powers do not work, at least not outside the days of the new son, when Gambit was overpower.

Gambit and his level of power is quite low.

Only the detach powers make it relatively powerful.

I like this, Kelly knows that Gambit needs something more power, right now in the last two decades, his power is quite pathetic and low, compared to how he was portrayed at first by Claremont, only Claremont and Fabian made someone to have in account in power.

Of the rest Remy did not pass of street level, unless he used his deatrh powers.

If this is the case and Gambit is killing an improvement for Kelly, he is grateful, Remy is very bad, Remy has not defeated anyone powerful since the days of Calremont probably.