Page 24 of 179 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

I didn't expect a face off between Remy and Longshot but

I
    AM
    HERE
    FOR IT.

If that's what's on deck, Oscar gonna crush those action sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I
    AM
    HERE
    FOR IT.

I would love it but don`t expect it too, really. If it won`t happen then I at least won`t be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I
    AM
    HERE
    FOR IT.

I'm not really expecting it either. Not legit anyway. They would be acting at most since they're actually allies so long as they aren't both lost in the illusion. And I don't see KT leaning hard into the trope of fighting over a woman unless it's to subvert it into a cliche/gag.

We'll see. That said, it WOULD be an amazing match-up.

Didn't they get some opposition in that short PAD run of ANXF?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I'm not really expecting it either. Not legit anyway. They would be acting at most since they're actually allies so long as they aren't both lost in the illusion. And I don't see KT leaning hard into the trope of fighting over a woman unless it's to subvert it into a cliche/gag.

We'll see. That said, it WOULD be an amazing match-up.

Nah. Gambit was just a wallpaper when Longshot appeared in ANXF.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syf...nd-rogue%3famp

Interesting and overall great article. A few technical inaccuracies, but I agree with much (though not all) of what this writer has to say. Clearly she hasn't been a Gambit fan in the past and I think Kelly has REALLY helped turn a lot of people around on him. I've seen a lot of the same from others on Twitter, even Agent M is starting to give him a chance.

And I think we've seen a progression of maturity in his character since he returned to the X-Men after Messiah Complex.

Spectacular Member

this is so crazy...I just read the last issue again to kill time before next time, I didn't even see til now that Rogue is biting Remy's butt! Like when I reread the miniseries and so many details I didn't pick up the first times I read it.

I'm getting misty cuz I did have the Prisoner X paperback with Longshot and Remy and Rogue but so long ago I have no idea where my copy is anymore! I guess I donated it!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Nah. Gambit was just a wallpaper when Longshot appeared in ANXF.
    Was he tied up and nude at the time? It's so hard to recall. LOL I wasn't a huge fan of that particular plot device, though it was funny. Didn't do him any favors winning people over though. But definitely a missed opportunity for Gambit versus Longshot.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I rather like this recoloring of this classic cover.

Was he tied up and nude at the time? It's so hard to recall. LOL I wasn't a huge fan of that particular plot device, though it was funny. Didn't do him any favors winning people over though. But definitely a missed opportunity for Gambit versus Longshot.
    No. He was just staying and speaking with Polaris while others were fighting.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Nop. Longshot briefly matched up with Quicksilver, then Decay almost took him down. Gambit barely did nothing.

But definitely a missed opportunity for Gambit versus Longshot.
    You bet.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    I'm getting misty cuz I did have the Prisoner X paperback with Longshot and Remy and Rogue but so long ago I have no idea where my copy is anymore! I guess I donated it!
    WTF?!? I had no idea such a thing exists! By Ann Nocenti on top of that! Now I've got to get a copy one way or another, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I rather like this recoloring of this classic cover.

As do I!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    this is so crazy...I just read the last issue again to kill time before next time, I didn't even see til now that Rogue is biting Remy's butt! Like when I reread the miniseries and so many details I didn't pick up the first times I read it.

Smokes, you missed my butt biting post in Tumblr
    http://lifeseverchanging.tumblr.com/...bustedflipflop

Thanks to Busted Flipflops Bob Temps podcast episode she pointed that scene out (there’s a sentence)!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Because Science does a follow-up to their video detailing how deadly Gambit is: https://youtu.be/nT3F5ORyf0g

Gambit was right, he really should be carrying around cans of beans - goddamn

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Nice tribute to the old 'V-J Day in Times Square'!

So it seems that finally it's going to be a face to face between Gambit and Longshot. That would be kind of a milestone, since for the last 28 years Marvel has coped with keeping these two apart --in fact, I can't remember they've talked not even once, and I can count on one hand the panels they've shared. The reason is obvious.

Thus, if there's really going to be something like a duel, it will bring back the old echo of "Who will win, Hulk or The Thing?". Each one has got his own advantages, so the result would be very tight:

- Both of them are equally tall (6' 2"), but Longshot weighs less than half of Gambit...with the same musculature. He could jump over the moon if he wanted to --on the other hand, he's more fragile.

- Gambit has got an enhanced conditioning (speed, strength, reflexes, flexibility, dexterity, coordination, balance and endurance) thanks to his energy ability. But Longshot physical fitness in this sense is straight superhuman: he can beat a kangaroo on the run, pick up on the air two dozens blades or shurikens thrown to him, dodge Quicksilver, run on a tighrope with busy hands... I know that nowadays everybody and his granny is able to do things like this in Marvel books *shrugs* but, seriously... After a few minutes from his fall to Earth, Longshot said "This whole sluggish place moves in slow motion".

- Regarding fighting skills, though, Gambit is a master. Longshot was built a warrior, but just in the sense of gladiator, more like a showman than a pro. Also it's true that he's fought with the guerrilla against Mojo very hardly and for a long time, but I don't think he's so trained in combat one-to-one.

- Gambit is indoubtedly a whole lot more cunning, tricky and sneaky --that's his job, after all! So in this way Longshot's got nothing to do against him...if it weren't for he's lucky.

- As for aiming, I bet they're evenly-matched.

So, yes, if it finally happen, it could be quite interesting to read.
    It hurts me to say this, but I'm not right.

But today and in the last decade, Gambit always loses, or almost always, even with people who in theory should be inferior to him.

If they are people without powers there if at least they win, and not always, I still have not overcome their incompetence in RED and how I let a bullet kill that mutant.

Ironically in the hand of Kelly and that many criticize, is that his power to be very low in canon, with Kelly happens to be at a decent level and does not lose his fights as usual in any other x-book.

For another aldo in canon LS almost never loses against enemies of the same level or similar (which could enter Gambit here) in addition to having a luck factor that makes things easier.

:::::::::::::::::

If I were impartial and took what should really be Gambit (which I think Kelly is the only one to do it, others portray him extremely low and forget physical skills that he possessed, such as improved speed and being able to dodge and deflect bullets), ,, well being that Gambit should win without too many complications.

But taking into account the last 20 years of canon, and as Gambit is losing consecutively with almost anyone, it should earn LS, although it does not appear on a regular basis very often, when apart he seldom loses his matches.

Of course I would like Gambit to win, and I hope Kelly will win Remy, but the logic of the last 20 years gives victory to LS.

Devils LS and Sstar could be released easily from the absorption of Selene, OK the absorption of Selene is not like that of Rogue that immobilizes, Selene with the mutants it takes and the mutants can move or loosen easier, but to what I go them two more complicated to Selene, something Gambit I doubt XD could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit vs Longshot would be really interesting. Both are very fast and have cool projectiles.

Gambit has adventage that he can cath Longshot`s knives and send charged knives back. Longshot will need to dodge Gambit`s cards.
    That was when Gambit was efficient and powerful, in the time of Cklaremont, who could grab projectiles and return them, or deflect the bullets, now unfortunately can not do that and does not pass from street level, see red how unruly it was against a simple human without powers and was unable to see that the bullet was going to the mutant and could not deflect it.

So in canon and that they forgot that they can do it. sadly

I hope Kelly remembers that, with her Gambit has had the best action scenes in a long time, and she does not lose against human goal or people with powers like she has been doing for 20 years.

Gambit de Calremnobnt and Fabian wins, but the Gambit of the last 20 years is at a clear disadvantage against LS, but I think Kelly has recounted little bit of Gambit de antañp, so I do not know, it all depends on what Kelly wants to do if he goes to the prisoner Gambit wins, if he heeds the canon of the last 20 years he wins LS.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Happy previews day y’all!!