Page 31 of 179 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Saaaame. I was up at midnight ready to pounce and... no way to download it. And yup, just kept staring at me without any options. Pretty much went “fuck it” and went to bed. My dog decided 4:30am was a perfect time to wake me up, so with an hour until I actually had to get up, I fiddled around some more. Still couldn’t download it through the app. Tried Comixology and still couldn’t get the issue to download. It just kept telling me I could add to my wishlist. Finally figured out if you log into your Marvel account, you can but it there and then have it sync to your Marvel comic app. JFC they’re lucky I’m committed to supporting this title y’all.

That said, super great issue. BUT I gotta say, I love Rogue with that Star Wars hair, she looked so cute. And the fucking COLORS for the spaceback ground?! Give Matt an award, he topped the first issue. Just absolutely gorgeous.
    Yeah, colors are just so so good! They fits art and story in perfect way.

Incredible Member

Interesting. My subscription is through Marvel and like I said earlier, it flaked for a few minutes and then worked.

It really was such a good issue and I think I love the floppy even more! I just grabbed it from my shop and didn’t get to read the whole thing yet but I’m digging it a lot in print.

The art the writing the colors...it was all so wonderful. I loved the look of Gambit holding his cards up to spiral. Just a cool style.

I loved loved loved this issue. I cannot wait until #9.

My list of LOVES for MMX8:

1.Remy has his own separate character arc. Spiral was targeting him specifically for a job and is using their freedom and Rogue's safety/treatment as leverage over him.

2. We get to see some awesome Gambit call backs, like the 52 pickup card attack and "Bang you dead" as well as some new moves like the charged punch.

3. All the genres!!! I was worried we'd only get a couple. Loving Country Western and sci fi.

4. Loved the reality show confessionals. The art was pretty here (what, Rogue NOT in green? Yay) AND the dialogue gave key insight into our characters emotional states and outlook.

5. Mojo is SO deliciously meta and he is not wrong here folks and we know it.

6. We are finally seeing the buildup to Rogue's power development and control coming to fruition. Very excited for #9.

7. The fight scene with Longshot is delightful, I could go for more! Action is really where it's at for the art.

8. Spot on Romy banter. Rogue is no damsel!

9. Gambit's inner monologue at the end! How often do we get these in comics anymore?! And I love them!

10. The color work for this series is gorgeous.

Forgot to add: Gambit with facial hair. Fun and hot so long as it's temporary. : )

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    My list of LOVES for MMX8:

1.Remy has his own separate character arc. Spiral was targeting him specifically for a job and is using their freedom and Rogue's safety/treatment as leverage over him.

2. We get to see some awesome Gambit call backs, like the 52 pickup card attack and "Bang you dead" as well as some new moves like the charged punch.

3. All the genres!!! I was worried we'd only get a couple. Loving Country Western and sci fi.

4. Loved the reality show confessionals. The art was pretty here (what, Rogue NOT in green? Yay) AND the dialogue gave key insight into our characters emotional states and outlook.

5. Mojo is SO deliciously meta and he is not wrong here folks and we know it.

6. We are finally seeing the buildup to Rogue's power development and control coming to fruition. Very excited for #9.

7. The fight scene with Longshot is delightful, I could go for more! Action is really where it's at for the art.

8. Spot on Romy banter. Rogue is no damsel!

9. Gambit's inner monologue at the end! How often do we get these in comics anymore?! And I love them!

10. The color work for this series is gorgeous.

Forgot to add: Gambit with facial hair. Fun and hot so long as it's temporary. : )
    Great summary! Agree with all this.

What a great issue. It took advantage of the premise to have some fun callbacks (not seen it mentioned yet: Spiral going back to her Ricochet Rita look was amazing) and fun (the genre switches) while moving the plot forward. The real Mojoworld should be a great test for Remy, and it was such a neat and simple - but clever - explanation for Rogue's powers.

Beautiful ruminations on love from Remy too. <3 This had it all!

Spectacular Member

just re-read Gambit #17 last night, and really loved it. I know folks were like WTH with the miniseries of Remy being retro-mad at Rogue about the Avengers deal, but I'm not too miffed. Also I guess if it hadn't gotten cancelled, we would have seen Thieves Guild with that last panel. Shockingly, it didn't occur to me that that was Remy sitting on the throne, it looked nothing like him! How lovely we'll get to see THieves Guild again since we missed it in the last Gambit series.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    just re-read Gambit #17 last night, and really loved it. I know folks were like WTH with the miniseries of Remy being retro-mad at Rogue about the Avengers deal, but I'm not too miffed. Also I guess if it hadn't gotten cancelled, we would have seen Thieves Guild with that last panel. Shockingly, it didn't occur to me that that was Remy sitting on the throne, it looked nothing like him! How lovely we'll get to see THieves Guild again since we missed it in the last Gambit series.
    Were people mad about it? I thought it was pretty justified.

But yes, excited for more Guild action. It's really been 6 years?! So like . . . 2 ish in comic time?

Incredible Member

This issue really got me thinking about some things from the pasta and from the future. And some of them led to thoughts from the Asmus series as well.

1) This was a random thought but, I remember in the mini Gambit said Rogue was the only thing that could cut through mind control for him. And now it seems like that is true in the reverse for Rogue.....but it leads to her accidentally and repeatedly killing her husband. Oof.

2) I really do want to have a good “I love you” moment from Rogue and I get that others do too, but this issue seemed to really further my feelings that Rogue still doesn’t trust Remy’s love and so she is still keeping herself more guarded. Likely moreso then she realizes. It feels like Rogue still doesn’t quite “get” what Gambit sees in her. Doesn’t quite feel like she’s worth the trouble. I mean what happened with her powers was a big deal so of course it would exacerbate all of that stuff. Of course I hope this is something she works through because if this was real life, she’s probably be close to “self-fulfilling prophesy” territory.

3) Point two got me thinking about loneliness and then today “lonely boy” by the black keys came on the radio and I remembered Asmus had that in his Spotify playlist for when he would write Gambit. It really hit me because Remy agreed to be the King of Thieves after the whole “avengers file” conversation. We now know this is a time where Gambit felt the most uncertainty and distance from his relationship with Rogue. Not that Rogue was likely on the forefront of his mind, but it is interesting that he decided to go for it at a time he probably felt it was unlikely he would ever reunite with Rogue. It’s certainly not the first path she probably would have chosen for him. So at some level, the issues they will face in the next arc can be connected back to the trust issues even if they have largely moved on from many of them. Such a cool extra layer.

4) Mojo professing his frustrated hatred of Rogur cracked me up probably way more than it should have.

I don't think there's any question that Rogue loves Gambit. I don't think that's even a relevant question for her. What's not to love? He's smart, witty, gorgeous, and treats her well. He could have literally any woman who is attracted to a man. Who wouldn't love Gambit? It goes without saying for her.

As others have said, I think her only question is why he loves her. And she needs to get over that.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-15-2019 at 04:13 PM.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

I don't think there's any question that Rogue loves Gambit. I don't think that's even a relevant question for her. What's not to love? He's smart, witty, gorgeous, and treats her well. He could have literally any woman who is attracted to a man. Who wouldn't love Gambit? It goes without saying for her.
    Heh. Take him home? Sure. Date him? God no. He needs therapy, and I do not have time to deal with his bullshit at this point in my life. He seems the type of fill up the walk-in closet with his stuff, make the bathroom impossible to get ready because his styling products have taken over any and all counter space. And I bet he over seasons everything while cooking. Like, he probably cannot make just rice in a rice cooker. He’s gotta spend at least an hour making dirty rice from scratch. Omg, i’d stab him.

And yeah, I think it’s interesting to try to find out specifically the last time she legit said she loved him but I agree she totally loves him. I would hate this series if it was pages and pages of them telling each other they love one another every scene. That reads to me as two very insecure people. My favorite mode is them playfully busting eachother’s balls.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-15-2019 at 04:14 PM.

It's weird to me, because a lot of it seems to be a) why isn't Remy posing in front of EXPLOSIONS while Rogue swoons at how cool he is while saying over and over again how she was wrong and that she loves him and b) "URGH, we're just getting another Rogue's powers issue storyline", ignoring that this is designed to address that in a satisfying, lasting way, to allow Rogue to move beyond her powers problems, without being too cheap or easy so that it's quickly undone.

Spectacular Member

There was one I love you scene in the past that resulted me in not caring all that much about I luv u scenes. In X-Men #91, where Rogue says "he loves me and I love him" and shouldn't be any problems, then in next scene we see Remy hanging with Marrow with Rogue all miffed.

And Rogue not showing how much she loves Remy, ahem, the gal cried into Remy's duster when he "died" . About the last time Romy were really into each other carefree and happy, both of them were powerless. Which leads their tragic angle....can they only be happy if they were both...human?

Guys, help me out here, I think I lost this post but there's an issue with Joseph's funeral where Remy looks out a window at Rogue mourning Joseph at the services and Remy saying he'll give her all the space she needs. He looked quite beautiful here I just can't recall what issue this was! I know I don't have it.

Out of the fantasies, the western one was the best cuz Remy looked his most sexiest in the kiss scene.

Keep it about the comics, folks. An appreciation isn't a home base for you to safely talk about/trash people who don't happen to agree with you. Keep the personal drama off the forums.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    There was one I love you scene in the past that resulted me in not caring all that much about I luv u scenes. In X-Men #91, where Rogue says "he loves me and I love him" and shouldn't be any problems, then in next scene we see Remy hanging with Marrow with Rogue all miffed.

And Rogue not showing how much she loves Remy, ahem, the gal cried into Remy's duster when he "died" . About the last time Romy were really into each other carefree and happy, both of them were powerless. Which leads their tragic angle....can they only be happy if they were both...human?

Guys, help me out here, I think I lost this post but there's an issue with Joseph's funeral where Remy looks out a window at Rogue mourning Joseph at the services and Remy saying he'll give her all the space she needs. He looked quite beautiful here I just can't recall what issue this was! I know I don't have it.

Out of the fantasies, the western one was the best cuz Remy looked his most sexiest in the kiss scene.
    Well, I had to go through boxes of comics in one of my closets, but I found it. It's UnCanny X-Men #368, dated May 1999. (Funny, the small print inside date it April 1999) The story is by Alan Davis and Joe Casey and the art is by Adam Kubert. Hope this helps.