Page 32 of 179 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    There was one I love you scene in the past that resulted me in not caring all that much about I luv u scenes. In X-Men #91, where Rogue says "he loves me and I love him" and shouldn't be any problems, then in next scene we see Remy hanging with Marrow with Rogue all miffed.

And Rogue not showing how much she loves Remy, ahem, the gal cried into Remy's duster when he "died" . About the last time Romy were really into each other carefree and happy, both of them were powerless. Which leads their tragic angle....can they only be happy if they were both...human?

Guys, help me out here, I think I lost this post but there's an issue with Joseph's funeral where Remy looks out a window at Rogue mourning Joseph at the services and Remy saying he'll give her all the space she needs. He looked quite beautiful here I just can't recall what issue this was! I know I don't have it.

Out of the fantasies, the western one was the best cuz Remy looked his most sexiest in the kiss scene.
    https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...1st-series-368
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post

Out of the fantasies, the western one was the best cuz Remy looked his most sexiest in the kiss scene.
    YES. My sentiments EXACTLY. haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Anyone else reading NextGen? The little grey kids (*cough* Gambit & Rogue’s kids) are bullying Glob in those preview pages. They don’t show up in the remainder of the issue but I’m hoping they’ll show up again. Seems weird to just insert them into the first 3 pages and then never bring them back up. Anyway, the going theory is that they’re agents of X-Man but I’m thinking they’re not. Manon has the power to screw around with memories, what if she had like a fail safe to restart her memories back if someone fucks with them. So she’s trying to figure out what Glob knows because she can’t get into his mind to see his memories while she’s been snooping around in everyone to try to figure out who knows what’s going on. And no one is really paying atttenrion to her and Maxime because who the **** suspects nine year olds?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Anyone else reading NextGen? The little grey kids (*cough* Gambit & Rogue’s kids) are bullying Glob in those preview pages. They don’t show up in the remainder of the issue but I’m hoping they’ll show up again. Seems weird to just insert them into the first 3 pages and then never bring them back up. Anyway, the going theory is that they’re agents of X-Man but I’m thinking they’re not. Manon has the power to screw around with memories, what if she had like a fail safe to restart her memories back if someone fucks with them. So she’s trying to figure out what Glob knows because she can’t get into his mind to see his memories while she’s been snooping around in everyone to try to figure out who knows what’s going on. And no one is really paying atttenrion to her and Maxime because who the **** suspects nine year olds?
    Yes! Been wondering that myself. Glad to see Brisson is still using them, even if they don't turn out to be Rogue and Gambit chicklings. I was bummed they didn't show up beyond the preview, but I think you have some sound theories as to what they may be up to.

Incredible Member

I haven’t, but I do remember someone mentioning that Glob is the Bishop of Age of X-Man so I’m at least that much in the know.

That’s an interesting possibility for sure!

Latest episode of Bon Temps here where I was 1 of 2 guests to discuss/review MMX #8 and gave a few shout outs to my peeps here on CBR. Fair warning: there is some criticism of the book in here that not everyone may agree with, but there is also some praise and genuine enjoyment.

https://anchor.fm/bontemps/episodes/...-Review-e37nrh

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Latest episode of Bon Temps here where I was 1 of 2 guests to discuss/review MMX #8 and gave a few shout outs to my peeps here on CBR. Fair warning: there is some criticism of the book in here that not everyone may agree with, but there is also some praise and genuine enjoyment.

<3 Dude, I happened to just so have it on while I’m stuck working in the office working on a Saturday (ugh) — you laughing trying to say my username was THE BEST

And.... just as a side note, the guides have been recently addressed in the new SpiderMan series. The NY thieves guide steal a bunch of superhero ****, Black Cat is a member, Gambit gets name dropped.

Yes! Been wondering that myself. Glad to see Brisson is still using them, even if they don't turn out to be Rogue and Gambit chicklings. I was bummed they didn't show up beyond the preview, but I think you have some sound theories as to what they may be up to.
    It would be such a bummer if they were under the control of yet another bad guy. Opening the series with “the two grey kids are suspicious!” I’m hoping is just a red herring in the sense of they’re not working for the big bad but actually just know what’s going on and are trying to figure out who they can trust. I’m just super surprise how much I’m digging AoXM as a whole, it’s creepy David Lynch~ish tone to me. And it’s so unnerving to see Gambit & Rogue on the death memorial in the history class room when we know they’re alive and well.

Incredible Member

Ooh! That’s fun about the name drop! Was it about him being leader? I remember KT said that KT and Nick Spensor at least connected regarding the guilds which is nice even if was just the briefest of a curtesy type thing. I am looooving the mojo arc but I’m excited to see the thieves guild arc and how that all plays out.

I’m the worst at podcasts. I haven’t quite figured out how to fit them into my life. Like the one I listened to I’m like months and months behind. Kudos to all of you who have your lives together and can figure out basic skills and time management. if o get it together then I really need to check out bon temps.

Hey y’all! Didn’t KT say Gambit and Rogue would know something happened to the other X-Men by the or issue 10? Do you think maybe since they were in the mojoverse the guild might think Remy was dead? That could exacerbate the building power struggle that started after he married Rogue. I’m usually wrong, but it’s fun to play.
    Last edited by Couplest; 02-17-2019 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Lightbulb!

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    <3 Dude, I happened to just so have it on while I’m stuck working in the office working on a Saturday (ugh) — you laughing trying to say my username was THE BEST
    LOL Hopefully I credited you correctly! It's hard to remember who all said what.

But yes, you're right! I completely forgot about the Guild being in Spiderman recently. So bizarre. I never did read it. Wonder if it will connect up?

And I am surprisingly enjoying AoXM too. Looking most forward to Extremists by Leah Williams. I've been really impressed with her writing. And hopefully thos twins will hang around after AoXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Ooh! That’s fun about the name drop! Was it about him being leader? I remember KT said that KT and Nick Spensor at least connected regarding the guilds which is nice even if was just the briefest of a curtesy type thing. I am looooving the mojo arc but I’m excited to see the thieves guild arc and how that all plays out.

I’m the worst at podcasts. I haven’t quite figured out how to fit them into my life. Like the one I listened to I’m like months and months behind. Kudos to all of you who have your lives together and can figure out basic skills and time management. if o get it together then I really need to check out bon temps.

Hey y’all! Didn’t KT say Gambit and Rogue would know something happened to the other X-Men by the or issue 10? Do you think maybe since they were in the mojoverse the guild might think Remy was dead? That could exacerbate the building power struggle that started after he married Rogue. I’m usually wrong, but it’s fun to play.
    No worries! I just have a lot of time to kill on my commute, so I've really gotten fond of podcasts. They are addictive!

And I am wondering the same thing. Would the Guild assume Gambit is dead with the other X-Men? Quite possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Great insights, AppleJ. I pretty much agreed with you across the board, lol.

MMX has been a slow burn so far (which I like but I understand why some might get frustrated by it) and I feel like #9 will be the tipping point, so it would be a shame if Romy fans drop the book before the arc is resolved. My expectations are pretty high for the next couple of issues.

As for the Guild arc, I'm looking forward to it, but two issues isn't much to work with. What was that name drop about? Is it worth looking up?

Incredible Member

Oh no! I’ll have to give it a listen some time. Romy fans are dropping the book? I mean, people obviously should spend their time and money how they please but that is certainly disappointing as I selfishly love the book and want as many people to buy it as possible because I always fear what might happen when another writer that doesn’t “get them” gets them. I know KT has another thing she mentioned to someone on Twitter that is way too early to talk about but if mmx has to end, I could get behind it taking a new direction such as her Hawkeye leading into West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Oh no! I’ll have to give it a listen some time. Romy fans are dropping the book? I mean, people obviously should spend their time and money how they please but that is certainly disappointing as I selfishly love the book and want as many people to buy it as possible because I always fear what might happen when another writer that doesn’t “get them” gets them. I know KT has another thing she mentioned to someone on Twitter that is way too early to talk about but if mmx has to end, I could get behind it taking a new direction such as her Hawkeye leading into West Coast Avengers.
    Nothing to panic over, MMX just isn't the other reviewer's taste. She likes Romy a fairly particular way.

But I DO like the idea of MMX spinning out into a more expanded team down the line like Hawkeye did into WCA. If the duo book is difficult to sustain, that would be the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Great insights, AppleJ. I pretty much agreed with you across the board, lol.

MMX has been a slow burn so far (which I like but I understand why some might get frustrated by it) and I feel like #9 will be the tipping point, so it would be a shame if Romy fans drop the book before the arc is resolved. My expectations are pretty high for the next couple of issues.

As for the Guild arc, I'm looking forward to it, but two issues isn't much to work with. What was that name drop about? Is it worth looking up?
    Nothing big, just for the really excellent reviews done for MMX #8 in the spoiler thread. They were really helpful in helping me organize my thoughts for the podcast.

Spectacular Member

Thanks MikeB , I was able to find it on Tumblr. I'm sad about folks deciding to stop reading the MMX series. I just don't think the alternative is having them apart like how Remy was in XFactor while Anna in Avengers. And honestly, was that a success? (guess moreso failure for Rems in X-Factor) I touched upon this on Tumblr, but when Anna left Avengers I really didn't see any major upset/disappointment/crying.

With most of the core fans for Romy leaving over the years (where even my friend says it was lovely to hear them married but not enough for her to return to comic book reading) I wonder what Jordan's/editors' expectations were. I had the GenX theory about trying to capture this market that had disposable income. Did Jordan have a benchmark?

Spectacular Member

I had a semi feeling those kids weren't Romy's with KT saying she didn't want to saddle Romy with kids even alt. reality kids.
    After reading a certain bitterness overtones on another comic couple, I'm really enjoying the ride we've had the last 14 months we've had. I mean if it comes down to rehashing stuff from 15 years ago that left really bad memories...anyone shocked completely how far we've come? We have had it worst in last decade and yet it is our couple that is married with their own series. I re-read the wedding issue and it didn't hit me til now all the stuff that broke up Kiotr in the Rabbi's introduction in their ceremony...Romy had the same exact issues and they still came together! Crazier was that I picked up a random issue in my box and it was the X-men 2000 relaunch issue for Claremont's return when he wanted the Colossus/Romy triangle (or Quad with Jean) and it had never been ever mentioned again over the years. Haha.