Page 33 of 179 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=AppleJ;4202920]Latest episode of Bon Temps here where I was 1 of 2 guests to discuss/review MMX #8 and gave a few shout outs to my peeps here on CBR. Fair warning: there is some criticism of the book in here that not everyone may agree with, but there is also some praise and genuine enjoyment.

[url]https://anchor.fm/bontemps/episodes/Episode

That was a great discussion. I would see MMX RomCom, then serious matter. I'm relieved it isn't steeped in serious manner because we've done that for last 15 years. All the flirty/light-hearted matter went out the door after XTAS ending and the first breakup

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Nothing to panic over, MMX just isn't the other reviewer's taste. She likes Romy a fairly particular way.

But I DO like the idea of MMX spinning out into a more expanded team down the line like Hawkeye did into WCA. If the duo book is difficult to sustain, that would be the next best thing.
    That's what I'm hoping for post MMX (whenever that is), maybe KT will be able to get a team X-Book with Rogue, Gambit and a few others, maybe Iceman, Kitty (but not as leader), Pixie, Psylocke, Nightcrawler...maybe even throw Xandra in there.

[QUOTE=smokey78;4204258]
    Latest episode of Bon Temps here where I was 1 of 2 guests to discuss/review MMX #8 and gave a few shout outs to my peeps here on CBR. Fair warning: there is some criticism of the book in here that not everyone may agree with, but there is also some praise and genuine enjoyment.

[url]https://anchor.fm/bontemps/episodes/Episode

That was a great discussion. I would see MMX RomCom, then serious matter. I'm relieved it isn't steeped in serious manner because we've done that for last 15 years. All the flirty/light-hearted matter went out the door after XTAS ending and the first breakup
    I think that was sort of the crux of where we differ. And let me be clear she is a good friend and I respect her opinions very much and wish she loved it too. She just isn't that into the more light-hearted, Rom-Com aspects of MMX.

But I feel like we can have our cake and eat it too. I love some angst and drama and dark grittiness, but I also enjoy some comedy and action and romance. The degree to which those elements balance out differs depending on the intended audience and intent of the story. It's just not the right balance for some and I can respect that.

IMG_20190218_143904.jpg

X-Men Monday from Kelly on Twitter. It reminds me so much of the issue in X-Treme X-Men when he was hanging upside down outside the window.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 02-18-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Cool! Reminded me X-Men Evolution when Gambit drew smile face on glass.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I love the little smirk. Definitely captures a lot of personality in a single panel
    Make Good Art

Incredible Member

I finally got a chance to listen to the podcast! While I’m not sure overall it’s my personal cup of tea, I largely agreed with all the points you made, AJ! I kind of think that Mojo wouldn’t wonder about where “Rita” and Remy went because she was hitting on him and they left together. Maybe mojoverse keeps it PG-13?!

Also...Yes! I remember the tv couples tweet. I think my reply was Cece and Schmidt from new girl. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I finally got a chance to listen to the podcast! While I’m not sure overall it’s my personal cup of tea, I largely agreed with all the points you made, AJ! I kind of think that Mojo wouldn’t wonder about where “Rita” and Remy went because she was hitting on him and they left together. Maybe mojoverse keeps it PG-13?!

Also...Yes! I remember the tv couples tweet. I think my reply was Cece and Schmidt from new girl. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yeah, understandable! Thanks for giving it a try!

Oh, and that's a good point! Mojo probably WOULD assume something less savory out of Remy and Rita.

Hmmm, I haven't seen New Girl. Might just be I don't know a lot of recent sitcoms!

Gosh I love that preview. Some of Oscar's best work IMHO.

Incredible Member

Yeah, it’s nothing personal to anyone involved...it’s just a bummer to hear people bash something I really enjoy. Obviously, everyone is welcome to their feelings but it just wasn’t my thing.

And yes! If you ever watch it (I really liked it), while obviously nothing too exact the Cece and Schmidt story arc feels pretty similar. Although instead of being abandoned by his parents and raised by thieves, Schmidt lost a lot of weight. We all get our self confidence issues in different ways.

Yeah, it’s nothing personal to anyone involved...it’s just a bummer to hear people bash something I really enjoy. Obviously, everyone is welcome to their feelings but it just wasn’t my thing.

And yes! If you ever watch it (I really liked it), while obviously nothing too exact the Cece and Schmidt story arc feels pretty similar. Although instead of being abandoned by his parents and raised by thieves, Schmidt lost a lot of weight. We all get our self confidence issues in different ways.
    Believe me, I feel you there. I'm glad I can come here for some positivity when discussing the book.

I'm actually really excited for #9. This is probably going to be a defining moment for Rogue and probably a huge shift in her status quo, the thing we've been building too since issue #1 and even R&G to an extent. Though really it will be up to Remy to secure Spiral's "item" and enable their escape from Mojoworld, so I expect to see a lot of action out of him. Very curious what he is stealing and why Spiral can't get it herself. Anyone have any theories?

Incredible Member

Other than the mentions of the kid from X-force I have no idea. I was going to peak at some spiral books on the Unlimited app to see if I come across any guesses. I don’t know a lot about her/Mojo world...but I mean, we’ve got some time between now and March 27th.

I am curious what Rogue’s journey will look like. There are so many directions things could go considering her character history.

Believe me, I feel you there. I'm glad I can come here for some positivity when discussing the book.

I'm actually really excited for #9. This is probably going to be a defining moment for Rogue and probably a huge shift in her status quo, the thing we've been building too since issue #1 and even R&G to an extent. Though really it will be up to Remy to secure Spiral's "item" and enable their escape from Mojoworld, so I expect to see a lot of action out of him. Very curious what he is stealing and why Spiral can't get it herself. Anyone have any theories?
    The meaning behind that item is baffling. So far I think it's been described as three things: coeur (heart), oeil (eye), and âme (soul) with some descriptive word (gold, wound up, and star). How do these things correspond to one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    The meaning behind that item is baffling. So far I think it's been described as three things: coeur (heart), oeil (eye), and âme (soul) with some descriptive word (gold, wound up, and star). How do these things correspond to one another?
    It COULD be a person. Where is Ricochet Rita when you need her? I seriously know very little of Spiral's history. Might need to do some research!

And what do you all make of all the Rogue's on the next cover? Will each image have a specific tie in or were they just having funsies? What is the deal with the X-Baby Rogue?