Page 39 of 179 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Ha! I was just looking at this X-Men 92 cover that David Nakayama did and was wondering what the significance of the Cable floatie thing was. It was right under my nose the entire time

I've never seen this. And I though I had an almost obsessive attention to detail. If its ok for the artists...

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Ha! I was just looking at this X-Men 92 cover that David Nakayama did and was wondering what the significance of the Cable floatie thing was. It was right under my nose the entire time

Great! I'll post it in X-Men Are Not Alone

I wonder if this analogy Cable=bloated is a dig about Liefeld, although regarding Jim Lee it should be more like a self-dig.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Also, given the year this was made, I had always assumed that the ladies with Iceman and Beast were Opal and Trish Tilby, respectively.
    You're right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Nice long podcast with Kelly talking about her books, including Mr.&Mrs.X. Really neat insights into how comics come together and how the industry works. https://pca.st/fyER
    Finally gave this a listen and you were not kidding about it being long! But it’s always interesting listening to KT, so that’s not a complaint. Just doing what I can to make to 3/27.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Finally gave this a listen and you were not kidding about it being long! But it’s always interesting listening to KT, so that’s not a complaint. Just doing what I can to make to 3/27.
    Yeah, I always like creator interviews. It answered a lot of my questions and curiosities about the industry, though also sadly confirms that WCA will be ending. It's too bad because it's such a fun concept for a book. I really hope Kelly gets an X-team come summer!

You know, Rogue was really doing well as a mentor before she went to UA. It would be nice to see her apprentice some of the younger X-Men on a team of her own. With the X-Men probably/hopefully getting back in the limelight in the years to come with the MCU and having the #6 & #8 spots in that popularity poll, it makes all the sense in the world to get these two on main title teams again.

The hubs got me the MMX TPB today - it’s OUT!

Still need my signed copy from KT. Hope she gets them in soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

So there is a tattoo artist that I reeeeeally really like (https://instagram.com/sarahktattoo?u...d=lxn1ntkn6679) & she posted last week a bunch of fun pinup pop style DC female characters asking if anyone is interested because she’s dying to do more of that. I might have been drinking while browsing Instagram and thought it was a smashing idea to ask her about doing Rogue in that style. Imagine my surprise that I just got the email back from her asking if I can come down for a consultation the end of next month. She’s in Australia. I’m... not.

I have been debating on a thigh piece. It’s not crazy to fly halfway across the world for a tattoo right?
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 02-27-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    So there is a tattoo artist that I reeeeeally really like (https://instagram.com/sarahktattoo?u...d=lxn1ntkn6679) & she posted last week a bunch of fun pinup pop style DC female characters asking if anyone is interested because she’s dying to do more of that. I might have been drinking while browsing Instagram and thought it was a smashing idea to ask her about doing Rogue in that style. Imagine my surprise that I just got the email back from her asking if I can come down for a consultation the end of next month. She’s in Australia. I’m... not.

I have been debating on a thigh piece. It’s not crazy to fly halfway across the world for a tattoo right?
    Saying this not just because I would want to see the final tattoo: of course not! Why skimp on something that's so important, and if her art is what the heart (thigh) wants then you may as well make a holiday out of it - though obviously aftercare would limit some options, especially if you're a beach dweller and/or into sports.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post

If you can swing it, why not have an adventure with your tattoo!!!

Agreed. It feels very appropriate to go to Australia for a Rogue tattoo. Plus, it is a fun place to visit, and you would get some sun in winter! Nothing but upsides!

I love the confidence of Rogue and Gambit in this!

https://twitter.com/MatthewB64/statu...75546213117952

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I love the confidence of Rogue and Gambit in this!

https://twitter.com/MatthewB64/statu...75546213117952
    God we need a new X-Men cartoon once the Disney deal is finished!
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    God we need a new X-Men cartoon once the Disney deal is finished!
    Damn straight! All fingers and toes crossed.

Spectacular Member

Just bought the x-men '92 TPB's at a great deal. Romy is just corny and adorable here, I loved their cover! I didn't know they were talking about a wedding here and seeing that Jordyn was the editor, guess it gave them an impetus to get MMX rolling. The angular drawings didn't bother me as much as when I first saw the panels online. Guess on paper looks different. Also surprised no one mentioned this, but I thought I saw everything with Remy charging various objects but that Motorcycle???? way awesome sauce.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Just bought the x-men '92 TPB's at a great deal. Romy is just corny and adorable here, I loved their cover! I didn't know they were talking about a wedding here and seeing that Jordyn was the editor, guess it gave them an impetus to get MMX rolling. The angular drawings didn't bother me as much as when I first saw the panels online. Guess on paper looks different. Also surprised no one mentioned this, but I thought I saw everything with Remy charging various objects but that Motorcycle???? way awesome sauce.
    Oh man, I need to go back and re-read those because I don't remember that haha That's awesome though. One of my favorite moments came from the end of the series but I won't spoil it if you haven't finished it yet.
    Make Good Art

Per Kelly answering asks on Tumblr, kiss cover coming for #12!!! Woo!!