Page 41 of 179 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Attachment 79242

X-men Monday! I love this!
    Love it! Looks very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    If the book makes it past #12, I'm almost positive it will make it to #18. They need 5-6 issues for a TPB.

We'll see what happens, I guess. I'm just grateful that we got 12 issues of a Gambit/Rogue duo where they were married. I would have thought that was impossible two or three years ago.

And, yeah, Marvel's going to have to put out another X-title. At the moment, everyone is funneled into a million AOXman minis (which, uh, I'm enjoying for some reason I don't quite understand). They won't all fit into Uncanny when they come back.
    I am glad that we will have at least 12 issues. Don't believe that MMX will continue after it but some relaunch is possible.

Man we really need to ask Jordan if Rogue and Remy will be appearing anywhere after AoXman..... pretty sure MMX ends at 12 which means they’ll be put in comic limbo until AoX is done at least...

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Man we really need to ask Jordan if Rogue and Remy will be appearing anywhere after AoXman..... pretty sure MMX ends at 12 which means they’ll be put in comic limbo until AoX is done at least...
    Judging from his responses today, I don't think he will say.

But MMX 12 and the end of AoXM should time out pretty close, right? Isn't AoXM coming out in 4 book installments for each series? If so, by June it should be over and whatever new books are coming after should launch pretty quickly thereafter.

I could also see Rogue and Gambit appearing in UXM for a few issues if there's a transition period of sorts.

At any rate, given their popularity I can't see them being in limbo for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Judging from his responses today, I don't think he will say.

But MMX 12 and the end of AoXM should time out pretty close, right? Isn't AoXM coming out in 4 book installments for each series? If so, by June it should be over and whatever new books are coming after should launch pretty quickly thereafter.

I could also see Rogue and Gambit appearing in UXM for a few issues if there's a transition period of sorts.

At any rate, given their popularity I can't see them being in limbo for very long.
    I think he has answered a few times (at least from the first q&a) if [character] will appear in any upcoming series, like Roberto is set to make 4 appearances and some of the academy x students will be showing up somewhere...

Hey, so random thought ... has the Thieves Guild ever canonically crossed paths with the Hellfire Club?!

'Cause if not, wouldn't THAT make for a slick story?! Especially right now with the Black King being Emma.

*light bulb*

IMG_20190306_094631.jpg

Also, check out this awesome piece by Max Dunbar (@Max_Dunbar) on Twitter!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Hey, so random thought ... has the Thieves Guild ever canonically crossed paths with the Hellfire Club?!

'Cause if not, wouldn't THAT make for a slick story?! Especially right now with the Black King being Emma.

*light bulb*
    I can't recall them crossing paths in the past, but I would read it in a heartbeat

IMG_20190306_094631.jpg

Also, check out this awesome piece by Max Dunbar (@Max_Dunbar) on Twitter!
    Nice find! Really dynamic and I love his expression
    Make Good Art

*light bulb*
    It would be a great story, I want to see Gambit take a stand against her. Emma has a history of making snide comments about him (well everyone really, lol) so I want to see him talk back a little bit. It's one of the reasons I love seeing Rogue interact with Emma, she doesn't hesitate taking shots right back at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    It would be a great story, I want to see Gambit take a stand against her. Emma has a history of making snide comments about him (well everyone really, lol) so I want to see him talk back a little bit. It's one of the reasons I love seeing Rogue interact with Emma, she doesn't hesitate taking shots right back at her.
    Right?! It doesn't seem like him to sit back and say nothing and just take it like he did under Milligan's pen. Maybe because he needed her help at the time? But especially when I consider how he was written so super snarky with Quicksilver in ANXF. Both depictions seem at the extremes for his personality to me and more a function of that writer.

I like to think he'd have a few choice burns to throw back at Emma, but not be frazzled or intimidated by her either. I love how low key sarcastic Rogue is at her in the latest X-Men Black though and Emma mocking her accent behind her back. LOL I've never been clear on what Emma's beef is with Remy other than her just being a snob about his thievery or philandering? She's not really a character with a lot of moral high ground, yet ... yeah, she's kind of like that to every character really. Even Scott really, who she loved to death. It does make her fun.

Anyway, a Rogue, Remy, and Emma discussion would seem like a delightful snarkfest to me. Especially if Emma needed the Guild to do something for her.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 03-06-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Right?! It doesn't seem like him to sit back and say nothing and just take it like he did under Milligan's pen. Maybe because he needed her help at the time? But especially when I consider how he was written so super snarky with Quicksilver in ANXF. Both depictions seem at the extremes for his personality to me and more a function of that writer.

I like to think he'd have a few choice burns to throw back at Emma, but not be frazzled or intimidated by her either. I love how low key sarcastic Rogue is at her in the latest X-Men Black though and Emma mocking her accent behind her back. LOL I've never been clear on what Emma's beef is with Remy other than her just being a snob about his thievery or philandering? She's not really a character with a lot of moral high ground, yet ... yeah, she's kind of like that to every character really. Even Scott really, who she loved to death. It does make her fun.

Anyway, a Rogue, Remy, and Emma discussion would seem like a delightful snarkfest to me. Especially if Emma needed the Guild to do something for her.
    Yaasss. And have KT or Leah Williams write it. Comedic gold.

I want to see Rogue and Gambit on a main X-men team. We have so many X-men that we should have 2 or 3 main X-men titles. If MMX gets canceled I would love to see KT on a main X-men team with Rogue and Gambit in the line up. I would also love to see Leah Williams or the writer of Prisoner X on a main book.

I was scrounging through some of the boxes of comics in one of my closets and found this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I was scrounging through some of the boxes of comics in one of my closets and found this:
    I was so excited when I found scans of that Pizza Hut comic that I printed them out and kept them in a plastic binder.

But also it's insane to think that there was a time when X-Men comics were huge enough that they came with your pizza. Damn.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Stuff like this makes me super nostalgic for the 90s. Such a great time to be a kid
    Make Good Art