Page 42 of 179 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I want to see Rogue and Gambit on a main X-men team. We have so many X-men that we should have 2 or 3 main X-men titles. If MMX gets canceled I would love to see KT on a main X-men team with Rogue and Gambit in the line up. I would also love to see Leah Williams or the writer of Prisoner X on a main book.
    This. Bonus points if we get Emma involved too (particularly with Leah Williams or Kelly Thompson writing) - even after X-Men Black she could still have a team work for her, whether it's the Thieves Guild or an X-Team, as discussed above. She'd just need to have demonstrably the best option/plan, which is something she is very capable of doing.

Remy and Rogue talking to Emma would be a fun/needed contrast to the Milligan era, and, who knows, maybe even Emma would respect them more. (Though her hard edges are often to mask vulnerability, so it's possible she genuinely cares about Rogue. Remy, I'm less sure about haha. She likely respect his skills on some level, even if she never shows it, I think.)

Incredible Member

Welp, I didn’t get time to write marvel this weekend but I did pre-order the mojoverse trade so I’ll call it a half win.

And yes please to a KT X-team book!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Well, I’m finally back, with a bad delay though. Thanks forever to mikeb for his link to Youtube has allowed me to read the entire MMX #8.

I've enjoyed it a lot, and no, I'm not mad at all about Longshot losing (well --being pushed aside) his fight with Gambit. I said before that, while Longshot was physically superior, Remy's great advantages were astuteness and strategy. Anyway, I'm still not sure at all about the role Longshot is playing here, not even he's the real one (he was at the same time in Domino's series ???).

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    It took advantage of the premise to have some fun callbacks (not seen it mentioned yet: Spiral going back to her Ricochet Rita look was amazing) and fun (the genre switches) while moving the plot forward.
    Yeah, it was great for me too, I miss her so bad. She wears that kind of jumpsuit she had to get in Mojoworld (for she came from Earth to there in jeans, sweater and jacket), seen for the first time in UXM Annual #12.

I want more of her in following issues, in a bit more interesting way that plain villain if possible. This could be an excellent opportunity.

What has gave me hope in this issue is that Spiral warns Gambit by telling him that Mojoworld is an 'unpleasant place'. Luckily, this time we will have a proper depiction of the Wildways beyond the common crazy TV set they use to offer us. According the original creation by Nocenti & Adams, this dimension has a ... kind of toxic psychedelic distressing atmosphere, there are weird creatures and desserts and swamps and acid skies of fucsia and yellow, the Spineless places and machines are also in black or green or purple, and seemingly even its tempo may be accelerated, since when Longshot fell to Earth he said that everything here "moves in slow motion". I mean, Mojoworld should be a place where everything claims danger and unease, where you feel immediatly sick. Adams himself said long ago in an interview, when Longshot's Graphic Novel/Limited Series was still a thing -sigh!-, that he was working to give the art a 'H.R. Giger style'. Go figure. This could have been sooooo good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    The meaning behind that item is baffling. So far I think it's been described as three things: coeur (heart), oeil (eye), and âme (soul) with some descriptive word (gold, wound up, and star). How do these things correspond to one another?
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    All the names are linked to a person's identity in some way, right? We talk about knowing someone heart and soul, and we talk about the eyes being the window to the soul.

As to the descriptors, a lot of them are spiral-y. Sinuous, curled, twisted. The star is a little baffling, but I guess you get spiral galaxies. Lol.

My guess is that it's something to do with how Mojo has Spiral under control again.

I'm not sure that the actual forms matter all that much. I tend to see them as MacGuffins, where it doesn't matter what they are, but what their narrative purpose is. In this case, it was to prime Remy for Spiral's quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    It's an excellent theory. My knowledge of Spiral is pretty limited too. We need an expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Does Spiral have anyone she really cares about that Mojo could have locked away to make her compliant?
    I'm going to give my two cents.

I guess I'm biased, but heart, eye, star, gold, soul, everything rings logically the bell 'Longshot' in me. The gold star in his costume, the star-glow in his eye, his two hearts, his lack of soul but uemeur instead...

Does Spiral have anyone she really cares about? Well, certainly Longshot. Longshot and, who is almost the same...

…......

Shatterstar.

If you remember that awful mess about Benjamin Russell in X-Force #61, during the key scene Spiral's behaviour was quite incomprehensible. As far as I know, neither Jeph Loeb nor any other writer has explained the meaning of the last panel.

What do you think?

Xmen Monday!
    More Gambit action.
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Xmen Monday!
    More Gambit action.
    Sexy. The coat is covering an important asset, though.

Sexy. The coat is covering an important asset, though.
    Yeah I know what you mean

and just for laughs: ROGUE BITING HIS BUTT

I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Xmen Monday!
    More Gambit action.
    Cool! Thanks.

Xmen Monday!
    More Gambit action.
    Nice! Almost a superhero landing. �� We are getting a lot of Gambit, probably because the Rogue pics will be big time spoilers. I'm getting so wound up to see what happens next issue!

Oscar does some great action scenes. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Nice! Almost a superhero landing. �� We are getting a lot of Gambit, probably because the Rogue pics will be big time spoilers. I'm getting so wound up to see what happens next issue!
    I've been waiting for this upcoming issue for so long, I can't wait to see how KT handles/resolves Rogue finally (hopefully) controlling her powers.

I just got my copy of the first Mr. and Mrs. X TPB. The front cover is the same as issue #3, so I will show you the back cover, instead:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I just got my copy of the first Mr. and Mrs. X TPB. The front cover is the same as issue #3, so I will show you the back cover, instead:
    I have a strong suspicion this might be showing up in the mail for my birthday. Hopefully signed! Fingers crossed.

IMG_20190313_124148.jpg

Is this from the new Iceman oneshot?

Astonishing Member

What on earth is she wearing, lol?

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    And Gambit’s not wearing socks.

They really do belong together.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    They are some some strange fashion choices for sure. There is no way Gambit can't see up that ... ummm, is that an apron? Well maybe that's the point. And he looks weird in blue somehow. And the lack of socks is ... some kind of choice. Dunno, granted I have no idea what's "hip" in fashion, but this doesn't seem like it. Storm's outfit seems odd too.

Now when does this take place? Notably we have a gloveless Rogue. But I don't see rings either.