Page 44 of 179 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Funny thing in the new Captain Marvel book is Jessica Drew compares Carol to Fungus that grows on you. This was done in issue #2 and I saw it in the previews for issue #3.This could have a negitive connotation. People could say Carol has the intelligence and common sense of a Mushroom. Now when I think of fungus that grows on you, the first thing I think of is Athletes Foot. Now we know Carol's greatest weakness. Now we know how Rogue will take Carol down. Superman has Kryptonite, Green Lantern has the the color yellow and the Mighty Captain Marvel has...Desinex!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soZp9hsVKEE
    LOL I knew it!

But yeah, that is interesting. Jessica Drew has actually really grown on me as a character after reading her 2015 Spiderwoman. But for sure, Carol's not a character that people seem to quickly glam onto and it's funny to see another character acknowledge that in book.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Definitely let me know if she does! I'm about tapping myself out keeping up with UXM and AoXM and WCA and JJ and MMX. Not sure I can go full time on Captain Marvel too, but I always want to read a Rogue and/or Gambit appearance.

Did anyone see Captain Marvel? I won't do spoilers, but overall I really enjoyed it. I especially liked the musical score (90's gal here!), Goose, and Nick Fury. I also really like the angle of the plot. I am now stoked for Endgame. I still didn't walk away just falling in love with Carol. But boy did seeing a powerful Carol make me feel hyped for seeing the real Rogue on the bigscreen some day. Fingers crossed for mutants in the MCU!
    I think it would have been ironic as hell if the CM movie had used this #1 Billboard song from 1995 (one week in August, the #4 song of the top 100 of the year) .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU
    Last edited by mikeb; 03-18-2019 at 04:58 AM.

AiPT!: Alright, now for some character questions. Rogue and Gambit… meerah (@roguesugah) asked if these newlyweds would be on any team books coming up.

Jordan: So, again… you see how this would be considered a spoiler, right? If I had a book planned for later this year that had them as members that has not been announced or solicited yet, then me telling you the true fact that they are members of it is a spoiler. If I revealed that, I would just have to hope the writer of that book would not be mad at me for it, especially if it’s a team they’ve never been a part of before.

So Gambit and Rogue will join a team they’ve never been a part of before?

If I had to bet I'd say Guardians of the Galaxy, since it could continue the Xandra/Shi'ar empire story started in the first arc of MMX.

Other possibilities: X-Force, Thunderbolts, Defenders, a new Excalibur, I can't think about any other team book that neither of them has been a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    If I had to bet I'd say Guardians of the Galaxy, since it could continue the Xandra/Shi'ar empire story started in the first arc of MMX.

Other possibilities: X-Force, Thunderbolts, Defenders, a new Excalibur, I can't think about any other team book that neither of them has been a part of.
    New Guardians is a very awesome book. Not a fan of Guardians but book is great and written perfectly. Would love that but don`t think that it will happen.

Will Savage Avengers count as new for Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So Gambit and Rogue will join a team they’ve never been a part of before?

Guardians would be pretty great, completely unexpected, Gambit working with Starlord and Rogue with Gamora...You never know, Kitty spent time with them at one point if I remember...
    But I would probably say X-Force and I'm hearing rumours about a new Excalibur series coming out.
    Maybe a different type of Avengers book could be a possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post

Or maybe a title that has never been done previously?

If it will be a new book then I think it will be All-New Defenders by KT with Gambit, Rogue, 2 Hawkeyes and JJ with Cage.

Or smth like this. I think KT will continue to write them.

If it will be a new book then I think it will be All-New Defenders by KT with Gambit, Rogue, 2 Hawkeyes and JJ with Cage.

Or smth like this. I think KT will continue to write them.
    Well THAT would be an interesting mashup and would definitely save me some $. I'm having a hard time picturing it, but I never say never. If anyone could make it work, KT could.

Somehow I'm guessing it will be a new creative team on a familiar title that has been on pause. Maybe an Astonishing relaunch, though I could also see X-Factor being a good fit. I hope KT is on it whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Well THAT would be an interesting mashup and would definitely save me some $. I'm having a hard time picturing it, but I never say never. If anyone could make it work, KT could.

Somehow I'm guessing it will be a new creative team on a familiar title that has been on pause. Maybe an Astonishing relaunch, though I could also see X-Factor being a good fit. I hope KT is on it whatever it is.
    Gambit already was on X-Factor so it won't be it. It must be a team that they never have been a part of. As I understand all teams with Avengers or X-Men names won't work here.

Gambit already was on X-Factor so it won't be it. It must be a team that they never have been a part of. As I understand all teams with Avengers or X-Men names won't work here.
    Depends on how literal JDW is being.

Now X-Force would be interesting. But they are often the super violent enforcer group. But it could work, especially if you added Cannonball and X-23 with a side of Gabby.

It could potentially play well to both of their strengths.

Yeah, but this probably means no Flagship book for them like Uncanny. Will see if it will be for better.

UGH, I dont like the idea of taking Rogue further away from the X-men. She's been X-adjacent for way too long. Its about time she is back and integrated as a full member of the team