Page 53 of 179 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Yeah, I will just feel better after something official is announced.

I will say my Husband will read probably an x-book for the first time in a long time...but I just feel hickman’s Characterization can sometimes suffer due his plans. And that’s not something I’m interested in an x-book. I’m much more interested in some of the writers we have currently. And the X being X and X being 10 is bothering me because I’m ridiculous. House divided I guess.

And I just thought the red-tailed guy was Azazel. So I guess we’ll find out!

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I'm looking forward to see Hickman writing the X-men, I'm 100% reading it even if Rogue and Gambit aren't involved.
    He did a great job with the Avengers, he had a detailed plan and he carried it for like 5 years with an amazing pay off. In my opinion that's what the X-men have been needing for years, just a man in charge with a clear vision and a solid plan.

White 99.9% confirmed this on Monday, I don't think anyone would have to be worried. By the way I'm sticking to my original hunch and say it is Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Agree. Team book is confirmed.

Would love to see them as Guardians. Cates ia the one responsible for wedding. So it will be interesting to see how he can write them.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Agree. Team book is confirmed.

Would love to see them as Guardians. Cates ia the one responsible for wedding. So it will be interesting to see how he can write them.
    Hmmm, mixed feelings on them in Guardians. Through clearly I will follow them wherever they go and I hear Cates is an amazing writer!

I know at least a few Romy fans and some Rogue fans in particular want to see them integrated back in with their X-family and have less enthusiasm for space stories.

So if they went back to space and were separated out from the main team again, I would hope at least a few other members of the X-cast would join them there so they don'tfeel so disconnected. Space stories could be fun for sure, but it also takes Remy away from the Thieves Guild and that could be problematic assuming he wants to remain King. Unless he's going to give that up?

But if they aren't in Hickman's storyline, they must be off on their own mission for certain. And offworld is a good possibility. But then SO many characters are unaccounted for ... and they can't ALL be offworld.

So got this from another thread, from a bleeding cool rumor article.

In the second post it proposes a team in which our dynamic duo appear

I like the idea of a darker tone as mentioned, but it doesn't address JDWs comment about Rogue and Gambit being on a team that they haven't been on before, unless they are part of a new team of ....hmm......possibly Hellfire Club, Excalibur, X-force

funded by Sunspot.....hmm....

Take it all with a pinch of salt for now, it's fun and free to speculate
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 03-24-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

I like the idea of a darker tone as mentioned, but it doesn't address JDWs comment about Rogue and Gambit being on a team that they haven't been on before, unless they are part of a new team of ....hmm......possibly Hellfire Club, Excalibur, X-force

It was bollocks, still is, the only bits they got right were the bits they copied from earlier BC reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    It was bollocks, still is, the only bits they got right were the bits they copied from earlier BC reports.
    Damn those bollocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

Bleedingcool told a long time ago that this rumour isn't true.

Here is Captain Marvel #3 in full where Rogue appears at the end. Reading the full issue will put things in a fuller perspective. (Pay attention to SOM) Remember what I said about Jessica Drew comparing Carol to "fungus that grows on you"?
    HTTP://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVweli8Qzj8

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Happy Monday \o/ Here’s hoping we get a rockin panel from Kelly and some info from X-Men Mondays as nothing G&R related came out of C2E2

And less than 48 hours til #9 is released digitally!!

0ea6aa9c-0597-4dd8-b7ae-5d787ec1778c.jpg

X-Men Monday!!! Posted by Kelly.

Check out that hair! And is Rogue in the suit from Genosha here? Who is talking to her?

@79SemiFinalist
    A little #MrAndMrsX for your #XMENMONDAY. #MMX #9 is out THIS WEEK - 3/27/19 - art by @obazaldua, colors by Frank D'Armata. This issue has some of my favorite #Gambit stuff, but it's a VERY BIG ISSUE for #Rogue as things come to a head for her powers. Don't miss it!

@79SemiFinalist
    I know this title feels "smaller" to some readers for not being tightly tied into what's going down on earth with some of the other X-Men but we're doing big and important things with these characters right now and I hope you guys are paying attention! 😉

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Check out that hair! And is Rogue in the suit from Genosha here? Who is talking to her?
    I bet is own Rogue. Older Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Here is from the Genohen story from UXM#236, from when Rogue withdrew into her subconscious. Look who she runs into. Thing is, the Carol persona should be long gone. We know Rogue absorbed Carol in X-men Legacy #269 and may have done it again in UnCanny Avengers when she absorbed all of Earth's hero's So who knows.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    @79SemiFinalist
    A little #MrAndMrsX for your #XMENMONDAY. #MMX #9 is out THIS WEEK - 3/27/19 - art by @obazaldua, colors by Frank D'Armata. This issue has some of my favorite #Gambit stuff, but it's a VERY BIG ISSUE for #Rogue as things come to a head for her powers. Don't miss it!

@79SemiFinalist
    I know this title feels "smaller" to some readers for not being tightly tied into what's going down on earth with some of the other X-Men but we're doing big and important things with these characters right now and I hope you guys are paying attention! 😉
    Here is the Cover of Captain Marvel#1. Pay close attention to Carol's gloves. Now compare that to the outline of the gloves the person Rogue is talking to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nah, that's Rogue. Seems like she is confronting past versions of herself, most likely during the most traumatic moments of her life.