Page 54 of 179 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Here is from the Genohen story from UXM#236, from when Rogue withdrew into her subconscious. Look who she runs into. Thing is, the Carol persona should be long gone. We know Rogue absorbed Carol in X-men Legacy #269 and may have done it again in UnCanny Avengers when she absorbed all of Earth's hero's So who knows.
    Based on the hairdo and clothes this is definitely from Genosha. Thanks for the pages!

To me the gloves suggest Rogue herself, or possibly Carol ... though I think that might be less likely.

Rogue? I thought that was Xandra at first.

Astonishing Member

Nah, xandra’s still in space. It’s younger rogue in a flashback/memory, probably from Genosha.

Incredible Member

So I looked up issue 10 and it says 4/24/19 for the release date. It appears our long national nightmare of a month and a half between issues is over!

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    So I looked up issue 10 and it says 4/24/19 for the release date. It appears our long national nightmare of a month and a half between issues is over!
    Long national nightmare? It's a wait for a comic book, not Watergate. (I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, home of the Gerard R.Ford Museum. So I know all about Mr.Ford's statement after Nixion resigned. Besides, I was 9 years old at the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Based on the hairdo and clothes this is definitely from Genosha. Thanks for the pages!

To me the gloves suggest Rogue herself, or possibly Carol ... though I think that might be less likely.
    Thing is, with all the movie hype, how else would they shoehorn a plug for the Yankee Witch than the X-Man most associated with Carol? This may have somehow been in the works ever since Rick Remender and Tom Brevoort messed her powers up more than 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    @79SemiFinalist
    A little #MrAndMrsX for your #XMENMONDAY. #MMX #9 is out THIS WEEK - 3/27/19 - art by @obazaldua, colors by Frank D'Armata. This issue has some of my favorite #Gambit stuff, but it's a VERY BIG ISSUE for #Rogue as things come to a head for her powers. Don't miss it!

@79SemiFinalist
    I know this title feels "smaller" to some readers for not being tightly tied into what's going down on earth with some of the other X-Men but we're doing big and important things with these characters right now and I hope you guys are paying attention! 😉
    I think Rogue is being told to let go of her guilt. I think her control is somehow being contained by a subconscious need for self-recrimination. Metaphorically speaking, I believe her control is being held in a "box" called guilt and only by letting go of her guilt can she unlock the box and release her control. Only Rogue has the power to do this.As far as what Rogue sees in her subconscious, remember, all the psychic residue she had since Cody was wiped clean by the Messiah child in 2008. Meaning everything there she sees will be from 2009 forward. This is why you may see a more modern Carol with a different attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I think Rogue is being told to let go of her guilt. I think her control is somehow being contained by a subconscious need for self-recrimination. Metaphorically speaking, I believe her control is being held in a "box" called guilt and only by letting go of her guilt can she unlock the box and release her control. Only Rogue has the power to do this.As far as what Rogue sees in her subconscious, remember, all the psychic residue she had since Cody was wiped clean by the Messiah child in 2008. Meaning everything there she sees will be from 2009 forward. This is why you may see a more modern Carol with a different attitude.
    Right. But it could also just be memories rather than pychic residues that she is facing.

Dunno, I won't presume to guess too much because Kelly usually surprises me.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Anyway, whether the dark figure is Carol or not, it's a straight tribute panel-to-panel.

Attachment 80324

X-Men Monday!!! Posted by Kelly.

Check out that hair! And is Rogue in the suit from Genosha here?
    Nice catch, Gurl! Totally looks like it!!!

It's a very delicate plot.
    Even with the characters and CC denying that anything happened, it's hard not believe she was raped in Genosha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    It's a very delicate plot.
    Even with the characters and CC denying that anything happened, it's hard not believe she was raped in Genosha.
    For sure. I think Rogue's reaction has always made it pretty clear that whatever happened was significant enough to be traumatizing for her. Probably assault on some level for sure. And it's entirely possible she has played it down all this time and it was much worse. But given the mess with Marcus and Carol Danvers, I'm not sure Marvel would have wanted to go there and take it that far.

For sure. I think Rogue's reaction has always made it pretty clear that whatever happened was significant enough to be traumatizing for her. Probably assault on some level for sure. And it's entirely possible she has played it down all this time and it was much worse. But given the mess with Marcus and Carol Danvers, I'm not sure Marvel would have wanted to go there and take it that far.
    Well...as far as playing it down...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

The problem with Marcus was that the story (and the characters) acted like what Marcus did wasn’t bad. CC played it down somewhat, but the creepy guards were still clearly the ‘bad guys’ and carol beat them beat them up.

The fact that the guards came back later to finish whatever they started always made me assume it was probably assault, but didn't go further and Carol taking over Rogue's body stopped them from taking it further. (I thought it was interesting Carey had Mystique's pyche take her body over in a similar fashion during her ordeal through memory lane with Danger.)

However, it is also really common for a victim to hide, deny or downplay what happened because they understandably just want to forget and not deal with it. So more could have happened for sure.

But what happened with Carol and Marcus was definitely rape. And the way that was glossed over in the story and by the other characters was pretty ugly. So putting another female character who was this closely connected to Carol in a similar situation had to be a bad look. Hence the need to downplay it? It's good that Carol is protective of Rogue here, but she also makes it pretty clear it has more to do with her own self-interest and in order to save Logan. It would have been nice if Carol's reason for helping included some empathy for Rogue.

But will this issue delve into this situation? Hard to say. It's a sensitive topic that has to be carefully addressed if so. And I know Kelly would be very attuned to that. It really does seem like something we've never seen Rogue confront and deal with, so it could definitely be a contributing factor. It is a topic that has been discussed a lot in fanfic.