Page 62 of 179 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Keep in mind Jordan is famously not a fan of marriage in comics. But he has stated multiple times that his opinions don’t hinder the writers/editors from telling that kind of story. He just wants a good story when all is said & done. And yes, I do think this is a more playful answer and not to be taken super serious.
    Yeah, I agree this is probably/mostly tongue-in-cheek joking from JDW, but it still made me cringe so hard. Ugh.

At least Gambit rightfully won the Twitter poll by a landslide.

Wait, wait ... I figured it out. JDW is secretly Colossus.

20180820_211536.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, I agree this is probably/mostly tongue-in-cheek joking from JDW, but it still made me cringe so hard. Ugh.

At least Gambit rightfully won the Twitter poll by a landslide.
    Ha, Cyclops the "serial monogamist" sure is a statement to make. (I am not even opening the Madelyne can of worms!)

Anyway, like I said, I'm not tilted by it, but I really did find it odd, even taking it as a joke. At least push MMX dude!

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Ha, Cyclops the "serial monogamist" sure is a statement to make. (I am not even opening the Madelyne can of worms!)
    *snerk* Right? Hasn’t that guy cheated on like every girlfriend?

At least push MMX dude!
    No ****, right? (But I’m just greedy and want double MMX panels today)

20180820_211536.jpg

Awwww X-Men #82!! This is probably my favorite single stand alone issue. I love the chicken fight opening and the crazy reality trap!

BANNED

*snerk* Right? Hasn’t that guy cheated on like every girlfriend?
    No,he didn't.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

20180820_211536.jpg
    Oh, Colossus, you poor thing. If only you knew what the future held
    Make Good Art

Awwww X-Men #82!! This is probably my favorite single stand alone issue. I love the chicken fight opening and the crazy reality trap!
    Me too! It was so dramatic. Both being idiots who couldn't talk to each other. Butttt ... kind of spot on for early 20-somethings and understandable with that whole stupid green energy spirit posession subplot.

But yeah ... this is not looking so good for you now Colossus. (JDW, learn from Colossus).

Me too! It was so dramatic. Both being idiots who couldn't talk to each other. Butttt ... kind of spot on for early 20-somethings and understandable with that whole stupid green energy spirit posession subplot.
    It’s perfection, both of them being a couple of dummies. I don’t want to read about Gambit & Rogue being perfect heroes and saving the day because they’re perfect heroes. I want them just enjoying their messy lives and not necessarily saying/doing the “right” thing

Incredible Member

20180820_211536.jpg
    That’s hilarious since JDW will never forgive Colossus for cheating on Kitty with that alien(?) chick who died way back when. Dude holds a grudge. (I also think JDW likes to give jerk answers to questions.)

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Yea, but remember that was in the past, she already absorb them, she should gain some immunity or resistance to the negative effects of the psyche of Mojo and Spiral (if she were in total control we would not be worrying about the effect of the psyches, because she decided if she took this or not), that usually happens with her once she absorbs someone she previously absorbed, it should be easier now.
    All of that should have been wiped away when Hope cured her from the effects of the Hetacomb though. That was the premise of her healing her ie Hope wiped her clean of all the effects of all those previous absorptions. At least that is what I recall at the time. Could be mistaken though.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    This is honestly a bizarre answer in the context of Mr & Mrs X and the history of Remy and Rogue, even allowing for some writers going "off-piste" here and there. I think he's going for humour with it and I'm not offended or anything but I am genuinely confused as to why the X-Editor is saying this about a character who is married and showing every intention of being in it 100%. It's just a weird disconnect, in the same way that Uncanny X-Men has Rosenberg seemingly disinterested in plot points he set up previously.
    Well this version of Gambit is a Carey and KT creation. Most other writers did in fact have Gambit as more of a carefree type whether it be Layman, Mackie, Claremont, Liu, Asmus, David etc. So he may just prefer those versions of Gambit rather than the doting husband who only thinks of Rogue.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Moving on to better things ...

X-Men Monday via Kelly on Twitter:
    IMG_20190408_140716.jpg

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Now that is stubble
    Make Good Art