Page 63 of 179 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    X-Men Monday!
    Attachment 80935
    Now this is the Monday content I subscribe for!

Pure, wild speculation time here. Do we think these are maybe great, great grandchildren of the X-Men?

The small white streak and green and yellow tunic on upper right character seems VERY Rogue.

IMG_20190408_154707.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Pure, wild speculation time here. Do we think these are maybe great, great grandchildren of the X-Men?

The small white streak and green and yellow tunic on upper right character seems VERY Rogue
    I totally agree it’s great-whatever-great grandkids but the white on black made me think more Domino than Rogue. And is the one we thought was a weird Gambit / Nightcrawler hybrid now red or is that supposed to be a shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I totally agree it’s great-whatever-great grandkids but the white on black made me think more Domino than Rogue. And is the one we thought was a weird Gambit / Nightcrawler hybrid now red or is that supposed to be a shadow?
    Good question. I was trying to suss that out myself. He seems less Gambit like and more Nightcrawler-esk in this take.

None of the covers revealed so far have an explicit Gambit or Rogue depiction, so I'm doubting they are major players in this storyline. But possibly they'll still have a small role? Or something is just too spoilers for a cover ... which I think less likely?

So the question of what's next for them remains. Trying to supress character limbo anxiety!

I was trying to think of amalgams that that character could be (as with the Colossus, Dani and Magik character)

Rogue, Destiny and for some reason I'm getting X-23 vibes from her

But you could be right AppleJ, they could be 'futuristic'

I'm thinkin' Omega Sentinel for one of the other bald ones, it's all very confusing!!

So the question of what's next for them remains. Trying to supress character limbo anxiety!
    Oscar Bazaldua moving on to Loki in July doesn't bode well for MMX past #12 either.

https://www.newsarama.com/44667-loki...this-july.html

Good question. I was trying to suss that out myself. He seems less Gambit like and more Nightcrawler-esk in this take.

None of the covers revealed so far have an explicit Gambit or Rogue depiction, so I'm doubting they are major players in this storyline. But possibly they'll still have a small role? Or something is just too spoilers for a cover ... which I think less likely?

Someone pointed out on r/xmen that the girl with the white streak/shine has pointed ears. So... I have no damn clue. Maybe a cousin of the Nightcrawler/whatever mesh? Or a descendent of Meggan & Brain’s kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Oscar Bazaldua moving on to Loki in July doesn't bode well for MMX past #12 either.

Yeah, it looks pretty likely this rendition of MMX will only go to 12. Which is still a damn decent run. And though I've enjoyed a lot of what Bazaldua has done, I'm ready to see another artist take a crack at them. God ... I would gush over Pepe Larraz though ...

We know they'll appear in something together, at some point "later in the year" that they've never been in before. But what and when?! ... patience isn't one of my virtues today. I just hope it's not 3-6 months down the line. But still better than years, I guess. Even if I love Hickman's story, without Gambit and Rogue I will be a sad panda once again.

And yeah, those Power of X characters ... all we know is JDW said they aren't Infinity Warps style mash-ups. I could see over MANY generations having some X-characters with bits and pieces of recognizable X-Men from present day with many generations mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post

Sadly, no real surprise there.

I've grown so used to a weekly/monthly dose of Gambit/Rogue that, come August, it's going to be rough.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-08-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Incredible Member

Oscar’s last issue is 11. That’s too bad.

1AC9617B-036F-419B-83A5-A25AFBD16548.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Oscar’s last issue is 11. That’s too bad.

1AC9617B-036F-419B-83A5-A25AFBD16548.jpg
    Awwww, that IS too bad. It was nice to have arc to arc consistency. I wonder who will be the fill in for issue 12?!

Maybe Lopez again?

Or maybe an artist from a comic wrapping the month prior? Like whoever has the penciling duties for X-23

Oscar was good at action & the cheesecake but Jesus his lack of giving Gambit pupils creeped me the fuck out

Incredible Member

Where’s Pere when you need him!

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Or maybe an artist from a comic wrapping the month prior? Like whoever has the penciling duties for X-23

Oscar was good at action & the cheesecake but Jesus his lack of giving Gambit pupils creeped me the fuck out
    LMAO. No pupils Gambit was disconcerting.