Page 65 of 179 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

It’s been forever since I’ve posted but I wanted to share the best legos I’ve ever bought (in like 2 decades)
    6C7695FD-B6AA-470E-96DB-C97BA89A4B10.jpg

Best $10 I've spent on Legos.
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 04-10-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

LEGO Rogue
    AE7330B2-2EAD-4C8B-B12C-ACA048DD6E09.jpg

(stupid small images)
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 04-10-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Angry Rogue
    B570E701-30F2-4DE8-9931-B066ECB4E9B6.jpg

Sorry for the small ass images
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 04-10-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    It’s been forever since I’ve posted but I wanted to share the best legos I’ve ever bought (in like 2 decades)
    6C7695FD-B6AA-470E-96DB-C97BA89A4B10.jpg

Best $10 I've spent on Legos.
    Can you hear my loud pterodactyl shriek from over there?! Soooo cute!!!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 04-10-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Can you hear my loud pterodactyl shiek from over there?! Soooo cute!!!
    YOU my friend are so cute

sorry I can't get the image file size to be right...

here's one more though. (wait for it)
    0CE6258C-AFCE-48EA-AE67-040A1E8B9949.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

White`s answer.

AiPT!: OK, Jordan, whatever you say here is sure to be divisive, so tread carefully. But Marvel Mythos Podcast‏ (@MarvelMythosPod) wanted to know… who is canonically sexier: Gambit or Cyclops?

Jordan: Gambit. Come on. Look–that is not an insult to Cyclops. He’s a good looking man, and as we have covered in depth, he has no problem attracting women. But Gambit is Gambit. Sexy is his super power. Besides, Cyclops is a long-term relationship guy, a serial monogamist. Gambit is a one-night-stand. He’s all sex, no commitment. Sorry, Rogue, you know it’s true. Keep your eye on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Maybe White just forgot to read MMX.

I just have to say as I am back log reading this thread I am dying at this comment, Purp! hahaha... ooooh...
    *pretends JDW's comment doesn't terrify me*

HEADS WILL ROLL IF ANY WRITER AT MARVEL REVERTS GAMBIT TO THE WOMANIZER HE HAS'NT BEEN IN AN AGE.

Ohhhh, I stand corrected! CM #4 takes place after MMX #10.

Interesting!

Astonishing Member

Alright, you can’t just say that and leave, spill already!

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Alright, you can’t just say that and leave, spill already!
    Well I don't want to leave spoilers! And I'm at work but ...

spoilers:
    Rogue has the distance absorption, 20 foot range. Carol has to let Rogue absorb her again to trick and overcome the big baddie. But, its a trap?! I wonder if this is between MMX 10 and 11, or just post 10 sometime ... Great art. I don't love the muted tones, but they really fit the setting and atmosphere of the story. Great fight too!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Rogue has the distance absorption, 20 foot range. Carol has to let Rogue absorb her again to trick and overcome the big baddie. But, its a trap?! I wonder if this is between MMX 10 and 11, or just post 10 sometime ... Great art. I don't love the muted tones, but they really fit the setting and atmosphere of the story. Great fight too!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The thing about Rogue telling Carol "k-killll m-meee" was really sad. We know somehow Rogue has the power to give back Carol to her body. We know Carol won't end up stuck in Rogue and Rogue SURE AS HELL doesn't want to be stuck with the Yankee Witch again. Rogue's powers are not what they were back in 1981. Not only is Rogue's power suposed to be in it's "Mature Form" from back in Legacy #224, now it's even suposed to be evolved from that. I guess it wasn't shown fully what Rogue now is capable to do not to spoil MMX#10
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    No worries, I was just thinking about getting it and wondering about details, like does gambit get a mention (since he borrowed carols ship and all. )

Edit:got it anyway. It was fun, I’ll hone your no spoilers wish and just leave it at that.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 04-10-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Was that kind of really depressing as Rogue fan for anyone else? I mean don't get me wrong...I still really liked it and it was well written, my heart just completely broke for her. But while obviously a lot of the focus was on Carol...since it is her book and she is reliving her nightmare it was not a good time for Rogue...As a reader, going from a Rogue who wants everything to this version is rough to see. Two different stories but still so sad. Also, while Carol is certainly reliving her trauma, so is Rogue. Not only is she stuck in the collar which she already has issues with, she allows Carol to take over her body which has its own negative memories. Plus, we have no idea how long she has been captured and stuck with this creep while he waited for Carol to "fall into his trap." And I'm here for Rogue so I'm also obviously hyperaware of her part in this story, but since it is Carol's story and she got her big moment and we didn't quite "get" that with Rogue, it just left me feeling really emotional. Not to mention that seeing someone who is a newlywed being desperate enough in a situation to tell Carol to kill her...I just wanted to start crying! Again, that isn't a criticism, I think it just shows how desperate the situation is (and is also that Remy is kind of right that Rogue SOMETIMES just takes the hit, acts like the boss, and doesn't consider others. It's almost like he knows her. Anyway, I'm feeling Emo. How long until MMX 10?!?! AND hoping for a mention of the marriage in issue 5!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    spoilers:
    Was that kind of really depressing as Rogue fan for anyone else? I mean don't get me wrong...I still really liked it and it was well written, my heart just completely broke for her. But while obviously a lot of the focus was on Carol...since it is her book and she is reliving her nightmare it was not a good time for Rogue...As a reader, going from a Rogue who wants everything to this version is rough to see. Two different stories but still so sad. Also, while Carol is certainly reliving her trauma, so is Rogue. Not only is she stuck in the collar which she already has issues with, she allows Carol to take over her body which has its own negative memories. Plus, we have no idea how long she has been captured and stuck with this creep while he waited for Carol to "fall into his trap." And I'm here for Rogue so I'm also obviously hyperaware of her part in this story, but since it is Carol's story and she got her big moment and we didn't quite "get" that with Rogue, it just left me feeling really emotional. Not to mention that seeing someone who is a newlywed being desperate enough in a situation to tell Carol to kill her...I just wanted to start crying! Again, that isn't a criticism, I think it just shows how desperate the situation is (and is also that Remy is kind of right that Rogue SOMETIMES just takes the hit, acts like the boss, and doesn't consider others. It's almost like he knows her. Anyway, I'm feeling Emo. How long until MMX 10?!?! AND hoping for a mention of the marriage in issue 5!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Looking at Carol's attitude towards Rogue's involuntary situation seems extremely selfish. The only thing she seems to care about is her own self-preservation. Does not Carol care that maybe Rogue may not want to be stuck with the Yankee Witch again? Carol, once again, is blinded by her own ego and insecurity. So much for the selfless superhero. Kelly has to know about Rogue's guilt, remorse, and frustration over what happened back in the 1980s. The other thing that Claremont emphasized back in the 1980s is what happened between Rogue and Carol nearly 40 years was an ACCIDENT. What Carol had Rogue do here was no accident. What Carol has Rogue doing here is strikingly similar to what the Carol persona had Rogue do when she was at Genosha. (Kelly sure is infactuated with Rogue in Genosha.) We all know how that ended, don't we? Even though it took 2 years to come to its conclusion. (Where is Magneto when you REALLY need him? ) At the end (I believe with Rogue's evolved powers she will be able to give back Carol's entire self back to Carol's body.) I think Carol will end up with a profound attitude change about why what took place. I think this experience will give her food for thought.
    end of spoilers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikeb; 04-11-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    [spoil] Looking at Carol's attitude towards Rogue's involuntary situation seems extremely selfish. The only thing she seems to care about is her own self-preservation. Does not Carol care that maybe Rogue may not want to be stuck with the Yankee Witch again? Carol, once again, is blinded by her own ego and insecurity. So much for the selfless superhero. Kelly has to know about Rogue's guilt, remorse, and frustration over what happened back in the 1980s. The other thing that Claremont emphasised back in the 1980s
    this made no sense, what are you even talking about? is carol supposed to just lay down, be sucked dry again and be happy about it?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    this made no sense, what are you even talking about? is carol supposed to just lay down, be sucked dry again and be happy about it?
    THANK YOU Daedra.
    I agree. There is some very slanted bias going on here and I for one think Kelly wrote these scenes VERY considerately. I love Rogue just as much as the next mega fan but to dismiss Carol's fear/trauma because Rogue feels guilt or remorse or frustration(???) Carol's life was stolen. Regardless of whether Rogue is repentant, Carol's life was STOLEN. Regardless of whether Rogue is being controlled and its not her fault -- CAROL'S LIFE WAS STOLEN. Accidental or not, to be presented with the possibility of being trapped inside someone else AGAIN? That is some heavy, heavy, ****.
    This is basically the equivalent of Carol being held underwater by Rogue, --again whether intentional or not -- and arguing that Carol SHOULDN'T be fighting, tooth and nail, pulling that hair, clawing that face, punching those ribs -- WHATEVER IT TAKES -- to NOT. BE. DROWNED.

Self preservation? Uh....absolutely.
    And what does she do in the end? For the greater good? SURRENDERS. SACRIFICES. SHE ALLOWS IT.

There history is tense AF. And it should be. On both sides. And Kelly nailed that imho.
    And I'm not even that big a fan of Carol, comparatively. <shrug>
    Last edited by Fokken; 04-11-2019 at 04:42 AM.